AHS_Stephens
JV Team

PBR Baseball Preview

Post by AHS_Stephens »

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: PBR Baseball Preview

Post by formerfcfan »

No disrespect to the fine folks at PBR, but I don't quite understand the idea behind scheduling 12 games at the V.A. with only three (3) of them featuring Southeast District teams. I'm not saying they all should be SE Ohio competition, but it seems a little unclear why there are four games of metro Columbus vs metro Columbus being played in Chillicothe (ditto the Cincinnati metro vs Cincinnati metro ones.)

Burg v. Marietta should be a blast. Waverly will enjoy playing Cincinnati Country Day (always a cool team to play.) Lakota East vs Belpre... cool for the Belpre kids for sure, but this does strike me as pretty lopsided match-up.

baseballrocks
Riding the Bench

Post by baseballrocks »

All about money. For PBR and the Paints.

AHS_Stephens
JV Team

Post by AHS_Stephens »

Athens is playing Amanda-Clearcreek at VA in an event that isn't sponsored or held by PBR.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

That would be during the Paints Classic which goes March 27 to April 3.
AHS_Stephens wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:47 am Athens is playing Amanda-Clearcreek at VA in an event that isn't sponsored or held by PBR.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:49 pm No disrespect to the fine folks at PBR, but I don't quite understand the idea behind scheduling 12 games at the V.A. with only three (3) of them featuring Southeast District teams. I'm not saying they all should be SE Ohio competition, but it seems a little unclear why there are four games of metro Columbus vs metro Columbus being played in Chillicothe (ditto the Cincinnati metro vs Cincinnati metro ones.)

Burg v. Marietta should be a blast. Waverly will enjoy playing Cincinnati Country Day (always a cool team to play.) Lakota East vs Belpre... cool for the Belpre kids for sure, but this does strike me as pretty lopsided match-up.
PBR doesn't give a rats ass about SE Ohio teams. They are ALL about the metro areas. Just take a look at their preseason and end of season all state teams. Even worse if you look at class rankings over the years. It's a joke

AHS_Stephens
JV Team

Post by AHS_Stephens »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:09 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:49 pm No disrespect to the fine folks at PBR, but I don't quite understand the idea behind scheduling 12 games at the V.A. with only three (3) of them featuring Southeast District teams. I'm not saying they all should be SE Ohio competition, but it seems a little unclear why there are four games of metro Columbus vs metro Columbus being played in Chillicothe (ditto the Cincinnati metro vs Cincinnati metro ones.)

PBR doesn't give a rats ass about SE Ohio teams. They are ALL about the metro areas. Just take a look at their preseason and end of season all state teams. Even worse if you look at class rankings over the years. It's a joke
They only get their information from what coaches summited in the preseason information form, OHSAA Tournament or any player or teams that attend one of their camps.

Unlike football or basketball teams don't post scores or stats as much as they do for football or basketball. Their has been an effort to get school to share this information as the OHSAA has partner with both Maxpreps and Game Changer and have ask schools at the beginning of each season to report their scores and stats to either Maxpreps or Arbiter.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:09 pm

They have been responsive to players in the East District and are willing to look into things if provided details from coaches. However, they absolutely give more consideration for "awards" and invites to those who actually spend money with them.

AHS_Stephens
JV Team

Post by AHS_Stephens »

2021 OHIO PRESEASON TEAM POWER RANKINGS: https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/news ... hio%2Fnews

Return to “Baseball”