DII Southeast District

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: DII Southeast District

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens is (4-1) after its win over Wellston Wednesday.

Can Niece looks to be "the guy" on the hill after beating Gallia in the season opener, and then Wellston to improve to (2-0). He is the younger brother of Jonathan Niece, who had a nice career with the New York Mets. He doesn't have overpowering stuff, but is a good sized lefty who throws a nice tailing fastball.

Peyton Gail is without a doubt the leader on the team and probably a shoe-in for TVC-Ohio offensive or defensive player of the year. Been a starter in center for Athens since his freshmen year, had the big game winning hit against Warren in the district championship in 2019 and was batting an incredible .900 after four games.

Shortstop Will Matters is also a pretty darn good baseball player and showed good stuff on the hill in relief of Niece in the Gallia game.

The surprising aspect of this team is their power. Through 4 games, 4 different players have hit homeruns. McCune, Neal, Gail and Ginder.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Updated records???

Athens (4-2)

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly 7-2 (4-1 SOC 2)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 7-2 (3-0 SVC)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Jackson 8-0
Hillsboro 9-1
Warren 7-3
Washington 4-4

Jackson and Hillsboro play on Monday. Should be a good one

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:06 pm Jackson 8-0
Hillsboro 9-1
Warren 7-3
Washington 4-4

Dang. I'd like to catch the one. It's a league game, correct? I havent got the entire FAC down yet, I'm gonna guess it is though.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:06 am
danicalifornia wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:06 pm Jackson 8-0
Hillsboro 9-1
Warren 7-3
Washington 4-4

Dang. I'd like to catch the one. It's a league game, correct? I havent got the entire FAC down yet, I'm gonna guess it is though.
Yes it is.

Jackson
Hillsboro
Chillicothe
McClain
Miami Trace
Washington

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Cool. Good to know.

Looking at some records and potential seeding, I can't help but to think how different and crazy baseball tournament seeding can be versus the other sports. Take for instance Meigs, who is (3-3). I'm not exactly sure what kind of pitching depth they have, but they could very well end up being something like (10-12) - and with this new super sectional and teams not being as familiar with one another - they are most likely going to end up a double digit seed ... and when that happens, some high seed is going to get totally screwed! The Marauders have, and I'm not kidding when I say this, one of the better pitchers I have seen in quite some time. He is capable of shutting out any team in SEO regardless of division. He is only a soph, but is every bit as good as Brendan Sano was as a senior.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Meigs is also D3

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

baseball16 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:10 pm Meigs is also D3
Yeah, I know. I was just making the point they could probably beat any team regardless of division with Stewart on the hill. I should have clarified. They were just the best example of showing how crazy baseball tournament & seeding can be.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:31 am Athens is (4-1) after its win over Wellston Wednesday.

Can Niece looks to be "the guy" on the hill after beating Gallia in the season opener, and then Wellston to improve to (2-0). He is the younger brother of Jonathan Niece, who had a nice career with the New York Mets. He doesn't have overpowering stuff, but is a good sized lefty who throws a nice tailing fastball.

Peyton Gail is without a doubt the leader on the team and probably a shoe-in for TVC-Ohio offensive or defensive player of the year. Been a starter in center for Athens since his freshmen year, had the big game winning hit against Warren in the district championship in 2019 and was batting an incredible .900 after four games.

Shortstop Will Matters is also a pretty darn good baseball player and showed good stuff on the hill in relief of Niece in the Gallia game.

The surprising aspect of this team is their power. Through 4 games, 4 different players have hit homeruns. McCune, Neal, Gail and Ginder.
Couple of minor notes/corrections, Bulldog. Gail did not start or play varsity his freshman year, but has been a fixture in CF since then. And add Welsh to the HR list for Athens. He took one out down at Waterford 2nd game of the year. And just a general note, this southeast district is once again loaded. Shame only one team will make it out.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Miami Trace 8-1
Circleville 3-6

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:02 am Miami Trace 8-1
Circleville 3-6
MT is 8-1? Whoa...Jackson boys are raking

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:47 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:02 am Miami Trace 8-1
Circleville 3-6
MT is 8-1? Whoa...Jackson boys are raking
Exactly lol

The Ironmen are beating really good teams rather easily. Definitely the most impressive team of the early season.

Return to “Baseball”