Minford @ Wheelersburg 4/30/21

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Minford @ Wheelersburg 4/30/21

Post by art_vandelay »

Vogelsong-Lewis just a great all-around athlete. These teams are evenly-matched for the most part, but EVL the obvious difference this year. Looking forward to following his career at Marshall.

Burg will be fine going forward...real strong freshman class and some key upperclassmen returnees next year. Don’t see any dominant pitchers in pipeline for a few years, but good bats returning and they will be solid in field as always.

Following Estep would be hard on any coach, but Moore will keep Burg at or near the top of SOC and a Regional contender most years.*

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

As I have said before .... the post-Estep teams have lacked the discipline needed. People can say this, that and whatever but that is what I have seen.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:20 am As I have said before .... the post-Estep teams have lacked the discipline needed. People can say this, that and whatever but that is what I have seen.
I agree. Just like when a Burg player waved his bat in an umpire’s face while yelling at him a couple of years back. Just totally undisciplined...wait, wasn’t that when Estep was still there?

Yikes, maybe your baseball god had some flaws himself too.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

HamPorter wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:26 am
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:20 am As I have said before .... the post-Estep teams have lacked the discipline needed. People can say this, that and whatever but that is what I have seen.
I agree. Just like when a Burg player waved his bat in an umpire’s face while yelling at him a couple of years back. Just totally undisciplined...wait, wasn’t that when Estep was still there?

Yikes, maybe your baseball god had some flaws himself too.
I’ve seen enough games in the area to know kids can go rogue in any sport in-spite of who was coaching. I’ll say this. I don’t honestly know of any coach in the SOC that doesn’t do a good job.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

“Baseball God” .... Haha!!! I’m not even an Estep Fan but his resume speaks for its self!!

Sorry if people get butt hurt but I know what I have seen. I believe a lot of parents will say the same thing.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Who has beat Minford this year? What Volgelsongs record now?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

South Webster and Jackson, both early in the season. Not sure on EVL's record.

Return to “Baseball”