State Tournament

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

State Tournament

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Does anybody know when OHSAA releases the brackets?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: State Tournament

Post by danicalifornia »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:45 pm Does anybody know when OHSAA releases the brackets?
I believe Baseball is next Sunday

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Yeah. The draw is a week from today (Sunday, the 9th.)

But the regional brackets aren’t published, yet, as it relates to what districts are feeding into what.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:12 pm Yeah. The draw is a week from today (Sunday, the 9th.)

But the regional brackets aren’t published, yet, as it relates to what districts are feeding into what.

And they’re out, now. D2 and D4 are.

Division II — Region 7
Central 1 vs East 1
Southeast vs East 2

Division IV — Region 15
Central 1 vs East
Southeast 1 vs Southeast 2

Looks like OHSAA spared the SE Division IV’s from the Central District Catholics.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:08 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:12 pm Yeah. The draw is a week from today (Sunday, the 9th.)

Division II — Region 7
Central 1 vs East 1
Southeast vs East 2

Division IV — Region 15
Central 1 vs East

Looks like OHSAA spared the SE Division IV’s from the Central District Catholics.
You realize that the draw is a blind pill draw, and not done with any motives or agenda other than luck of the pill.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Pol pot wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:03 am
formerfcfan wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:08 pm

Division II — Region 7
Central 1 vs East 1
Southeast vs East 2

Division IV — Region 15
Central 1 vs East

You realize that the draw is a blind pill draw, and not done with any motives or agenda other than luck of the pill.
Looks like the blind pill spared...

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Cant wait to get that D2 tourney going. Just like basketball there us so much parity its hard to pick a favorite and several teams can make a charge for a Regional title.
D4 wise just not sure, I think Huntington is in this division and have had a few good wins. Whiteoak is usually very strong in this division but they seem a little down compared to there usual standards. Not sure about the teams along the river or the TVC. But dont think any SEO teams will fare well with the Central District teams at all.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

shoelace wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:54 am Cant wait to get that D2 tourney going. Just like basketball there us so much parity its hard to pick a favorite and several teams can make a charge for a Regional title.
D4 wise just not sure, I think Huntington is in this division and have had a few good wins. Whiteoak is usually very strong in this division but they seem a little down compared to there usual standards. Not sure about the teams along the river or the TVC. But dont think any SEO teams will fare well with the Central District teams at all.
Huntington is in great shape to make another run, but they’ll need to tighten things up when Free isn’t available. That’s a very good lineup 1-9 and solid defensively.

Paint Valley is really good when Blanton can pitch, but that may negate them from a big run like they would have had last year

Unsure about the TVC as well, but typically one of the Hocking schools from Meigs County is very strong. I’ve also heard good things about Symmes Valley and Clay.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Lucasville Valley is D4 correct? I look for them to have a solid showing in the tournament as well.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

transplant wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:26 am Lucasville Valley is D4 correct? I look for them to have a solid showing in the tournament as well.
Valley, Clay, Huntington, Paint Valley in the west half of the SE District; Eastern and Southern out east; will make for some very interesting district semi-finals and district finals.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

yes it will.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:59 am
shoelace wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:54 am Cant wait to get that D2 tourney going. Just like basketball there us so much parity its hard to pick a favorite and several teams can make a charge for a Regional title.
Huntington is in great shape to make another run, but they’ll need to tighten things up when Free isn’t available. That’s a very good lineup 1-9 and solid defensively.

Paint Valley is really good when Blanton can pitch, but that may negate them from a big run like they would have had last year

Unsure about the TVC as well, but typically one of the Hocking schools from Meigs County is very strong. I’ve also heard good things about Symmes Valley and Clay.
Thank u sir...forgot Paint Valley was D4 and yes when Blanton is on they don’t need much offense -he is one of best in SEO. There non SVC schedule hasn’t been the best so hopefully the svc has them ready. Just by watching Valley’s scores they seem like a pretty solid club as well so yes the District tournament should be pretty competitive.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

shoelace wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:02 pm

Thank u sir...forgot Paint Valley was D4 and yes when Blanton is on they don’t need much offense -he is one of best in SEO. There non SVC schedule hasn’t been the best so hopefully the svc has them ready. Just by watching Valley’s scores they seem like a pretty solid club as well so yes the District tournament should be pretty competitive.
Looking at all of the teams in contention to win one of the sixteen district tournaments across Division IV, and their league schedules, I genuinely think the SVC this year is one of the most rugged slates the top teams in D4 will have played. It might be the third-toughest (just a hair behind the MAC and Shelby County Athletic League) conference schedule a June-contending D4 team will have played, with Valley's SOC II gauntlet right there as well.

If you factor in, too, that there wasn't a season last year -- the more "typical" D4 schedules have a lot mismatches. That's not the case this year with the SVC. Every game is a fight. So I think PV and Huntington will be well-prepared, to say the least.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:37 pm

Looking at all of the teams in contention to win one of the sixteen district tournaments across Division IV, and their league schedules, I genuinely think the SVC this year is one of the most rugged slates the top teams in D4 will have played. It might be the third-toughest (just a hair behind the MAC and Shelby County Athletic League) conference schedule a June-contending D4 team will have played, with Valley's SOC II gauntlet right there as well.

If you factor in, too, that there wasn't a season last year -- the more "typical" D4 schedules have a lot mismatches. That's not the case this year with the SVC. Every game is a fight. So I think PV and Huntington will be well-prepared, to say the least.
Agree the SVC slate is pretty rugged!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I had forgotten that Valley was D4 too. It’s going to be a great district tournament with the high quality teams that we know about, plus some of those TVC and SOC 1 schools that we may not know as much about as well

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Reedsville Eastern is pretty good.

Olddude03
Waterboy

Post by Olddude03 »

petesweaty wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:07 pm Reedsville Eastern is pretty good.
[/quote
LOL not being rude but have you seen them play? Not good , a lot of talent but no discipline

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Olddude03 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:54 pm
LOL not being rude but have you seen them play? Not good , a lot of talent but no discipline
Saw that they lost to Belpre tonight, 3-1. That’s an upset.

Olddude03
Waterboy

Post by Olddude03 »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:36 pm
Belpre beat them 1-0 first game as well. Errors and walks will beat ya every time.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Olddude03 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:41 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:36 pm
Belpre beat them 1-0 first game as well. Errors and walks will beat ya every time.
Wow — I didn’t realize Belpre actually swept them. I believed Eastern ate a loss to Trimble despite out-hitting them decently.

Hocking is crazy this year, again. I wouldn’t have guessed after the 18-11 result vs Waterford that would be the scores of the series vs Eastern.

Return to “Baseball”