D4 District Tournament

Crab's Brother
SEO

D4 District Tournament

Post by Crab's Brother »

7 of the top 8 seeds advance as only Manchester pulled the upset of Whiteoak.

St. Joe @ Valley
Manchester @ Huntington (?) (Does Manchester assume the 4 seed and now get to host?)

Those winners will play Monday at the VA at 3:00

Reedsville @ Symmes Valley
Paint Valley @ Clay

Those winners will play at 6:00 Monday at the VA.

With the 3 days rest, I am guessing everyone will have an ace available on Saturday for the semis. Will anyone try to save a stud for Monday?

Thoughts?

transplant
SE

Re: D4 District Tournament

Post by transplant »

Game is at Huntington as far as I know. Not sure about who's throwing who. If I had to guess, id say St. Joe and Manchester throw their ace, not sure about Valley or Huntington.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Question?

Why does D4 get 3 days between games when D2 and D3 only get two days?

D4 can use the same pitcher in both games.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:46 am 7 of the top 8 seeds advance as only Manchester pulled the upset of Whiteoak.

St. Joe @ Valley
Manchester @ Huntington (?) (Does Manchester assume the 4 seed and now get to host?)

Paint Valley @ Clay

With the 3 days rest, I am guessing everyone will have an ace available on Saturday for the semis. Will anyone try to save a stud for Monday?

Thoughts?
It goes to the better seeded team, so Manchester will travel to Huntington

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Glad to see St. Jude making a run.

#stjudepride

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

This is our time!

#StJudePride

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:53 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:46 am 7 of the top 8 seeds advance as only Manchester pulled the upset of Whiteoak.

St. Joe @ Valley

Paint Valley @ Clay

Thoughts?
It goes to the better seeded team, so Manchester will travel to Huntington
Thank you sir.

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

When its all said and done, Eastern is gonna walk right out of Chillicothe 2. Historically SOC1 is weak compared to the Hocking

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

This isn’t exactly a “banner” year for the Hocking, though, so not sure why SOC 1 & Hocking are being compared that way when the SOC 1 might be better this year.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

on the black wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:01 pm When its all said and done, Eastern is gonna walk right out of Chillicothe 2. Historically SOC1 is weak compared to the Hocking

You may be right but I wouldn't overlook Clay or Paint Valley in Chillicothe 2. Symmes might not be as easy win as you think either.

The top 3 SOC 1 teams along with Valley, Paint Valley, Huntington and a few others I am probably overlooking are all very good. I like the confidence and I know Eastern is going to be a tough out but they can't overlook some of these teams.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Last valley/st joe score I saw was 5-1 after 4. Anyone have updates? Thanks

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I agree that Eastern Meigs is pretty good. Valley has two really good sophomore pitchers. Huntington and Paint Valley are capable with their best on the mound. Blanton threw Saturday.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

If Eastern can keep up their ‘A’ game, they can win the district and a Regional game against the Chillicothe 1 winner. The year off hurt everyone, of course, but that and the late coaching change (still a solid coach) clearly had them behind the 8-ball and getting up to full-speed ‘A’ game wasn’t without some clunkers along the way.

Fatman 13
Waterboy

Post by Fatman 13 »

Bozo wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:19 pm I agree that Eastern Meigs is pretty good. Valley has two really good sophomore pitchers. Huntington and Paint Valley are capable with their best on the mound. Blanton threw Saturday.
Gonna be a game of who has the better 2 pitcher. Estep for valley who for eastern ??? I would say valley probably had the upper hand on the mound

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Kudos to Huntington for how they have kept winning, especially with today’s lineup that they had to use. I’m not sure if they can beat Valley with their current lineup, but they’ll battle for sure

Fatman 13
Waterboy

Post by Fatman 13 »

No one knows anything about eastern’s pitcher? Just wondering what kind of match up valley has tomorrow night. With most teams there’s a big dip from 1 to 2 usually because 2 is young not that they aren’t talented. I love watching these kids play just can’t find anything about who they’re 2 would be ??

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Valley plays Huntington. Not eastern.

Fatman 13
Waterboy

Post by Fatman 13 »

transplant wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:12 am Valley plays Huntington. Not eastern.
Yep my bad lol! Ok how’s Huntington’s 2 ?? Lol

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Eastern played at Zane Trace a couple of Saturday’s back. ZT which was weak at the plate all season scored 17 runs. Eastern threw numerous pitchers. I think the only one that did not pitch was the shortstop who is their best pitcher. Actually though, the game was tied 9-9 in the bottom of the sixth. You could tell that Eastern is pretty good though and well coached. They swung the bat well and are pretty athletic. I think their record is 17-5.

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

I’m pretty sure the only pitchers Zane Trace saw were JV pitchers. Eastern had 5 games that week and the number 2 threw the night before. Didn’t play the field at all that day. Smith has had some big wins this year. Should be a good matchup.

Return to “Baseball”