Varsity

2022 Wheelerburg Pirates

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Should be a favorite in SOC II again

art_vandelay
SE

Re: 2022 Wheelerburg Pirates

Post by art_vandelay »

Burg will be right there with Minford and Valley at top of SOC II. Not sure who they'll have on the mound next year, but Burg always has a few kids waiting their turn. They also have best catcher in SOC (McKenzie) returning and their sophomore class is loaded, so they not going anywhere.*

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

The SVC will have a few good teams this Spring so that is exciting. The guys at work says Wheelersburg is loaded with talented. I'm told they work almost every day at their new practice facility. Talent is not the issue at Wheelersburg. Estep stepped away is the problem.

captain ensano
Waterboy

Post by captain ensano »

Does Burg have any kids committed to colleges for ball?

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

captain ensano wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:58 am Does Burg have any kids committed to colleges for ball?
No not yet, catcher has offers from smaller schools I believe, but only two seniors in this class. Other one is shortstop and he is more than capable of making it to a smaller school

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:30 pm
captain ensano wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:58 am Does Burg have any kids committed to colleges for ball?
No not yet, catcher has offers from smaller schools I believe, but only two seniors in this class. Other one is shortstop and he is more than capable of making it to a smaller school
From the few games I've seen the catcher play, he's pretty solid behind the plate. Good size and strength. Watched him pitch a game too and just pounding the strike zone with heaters. Nice bat as well. I think he is capable of playing next level!

Only watched 2-3 games of him but always nice to see HS kids play at next level no matter the division!

Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

BigGuy10 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:18 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:30 pm
From the few games I've seen the catcher play, he's pretty solid behind the plate. Good size and strength. Watched him pitch a game too and just pounding the strike zone with heaters. Nice bat as well. I think he is capable of playing next level!

Only watched 2-3 games of him but always nice to see HS kids play at next level no matter the division!
He's one of the best catchers I've seen in the SOC. Receives the ball very well and does a great job framing. He has a tremendous arm as well. With a little work offensively, he'll definitely play and contribute at the next level.

Return to “Baseball”