Waterboy

Who's in... Who's out?

Post by captain ensano »

Any new coaches or coaching vacancies?

petesweaty
All Conference

Re: Who's in... Who's out?

Post by petesweaty »

I believe all the SVC coaches are back. About 135-140 years of HS head coaching experience by my count.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Ryan Lemley stepped down at Warren and Chad Porter, OVU’s former coach, took over. He also helps coach football.

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

Coach Wayland at Meigs stepped down and they have recently hired Pat Martin.

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

beg003 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:17 am Ryan Lemley stepped down at Warren and Chad Porter, OVU’s former coach, took over. He also helps coach football.
Surprised Lemley stepped down. He is still principal there, correct?

captain ensano
Waterboy

Post by captain ensano »

What about SOC coaches? I've heard Clay has a new coach and heard that Burg's coach is on the hot seat. Did West get a new coach also?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

on the black wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:04 pm
beg003 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:17 am Ryan Lemley stepped down at Warren and Chad Porter, OVU’s former coach, took over. He also helps coach football.
Surprised Lemley stepped down. He is still principal there, correct?
He is still the principal, yes. Administrative responsibilities and baseball responsibilities were beginning to build up and his job as the principal is obviously the priority. They’re in good hands with Porter though.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Yes ... Clay did get a new baseball coach. Unfortunately Clay's athletic program have taken a downward turn over the past few years. From what I hear the leadership within the athletic department is lacking.

Wheelersburg baseball is not what it use to be even thou they still have great talent. But in all honesty, it would be hard to maintain that level of excellence. Because of that I will not repeat the words coming from parents within the baseball program.

captain ensano
Waterboy

Post by captain ensano »

So, say, for some reason, Wheelersburg decides to go in a different direction if they don't win the SOC.. which, i don't think they will.. Who takes over the program? Thats still a quality program with a rich tradition... They never rebuild, just reload!!

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

Brandon Doss is now the Northwest baseball coach

captain ensano
Waterboy

Post by captain ensano »

Brandon Doss should do really good at Northwest if they give gim a chance to develop the program. He's a local guy from Northwest who understands and actually cares about the school. Hopefully he gets things back on track for the mohawks so they can compete with Minford, Valley and Burg.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

captain ensano wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:46 pm So, say, for some reason, Wheelersburg decides to go in a different direction if they don't win the SOC.. which, i don't think they will.. Who takes over the program? Thats still a quality program with a rich tradition... They never rebuild, just reload!!
I don't see burg getting rid of Moore.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I agree with mt1fan. There is grumbling but I don’t see them getting rid of the coach. They are still a good program just not the best program as they once were! Parents always complain so this is nothing new.

Return to “Baseball”