Meigs defends TVC OHIO championship

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Meigs defends TVC OHIO championship

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Early but I believe Meigs defends their title as champions, graduating 7 starters in 2021 will be a hit, but the group of seniors coming up could be just as strong and of course Ohio University commit Ethan Stewart will return for his Junior season.

SG REBEL

Re: Meigs defends TVC OHIO championship

Post by SG REBEL »

So here’s the thing on this this spring. You got this ball club in the Meigs Marauders and I will say they played a really pretty good season last year for what it was worth. I mean so you didn’t get to play in 2020 for covid so 2019 you got Dodson and I mean no harm here but I just hated to see the program get in that kind of shape. Like I said nothing against him or the school and I get it no one else applied and someone has to fill the role but that really was just a time when you sat there and looked at the program and people got worried.

So then you take last year and Meigs found there guy in Wayland. I mean that man was flat out the perfect coach for and the right man for the job. You wanna take a program that Bissell built and get that back and be did just that and the future looked bright. Sadly Jeff had to make the decision leave and this is where it gets a little sad for the marauders.

So now you got this guy and pretty much pulled him out of the big bend in middle port and we all know how that ship is ran. I will say this that this guy and the coach at eastern got lots in common. Love to hear themselves chirp. Looks like a downhill spiral of daddy ball from here and it’s just sad after you have guys like Bissell and Wayland tnat you throw guys like Dodson and this chump in the mix and you’re just flirting with disaster

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

SG REBEL wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:51 pm So here’s the thing on this this spring. You got this ball club in the Meigs Marauders and I will say they played a really pretty good season last year for what it was worth. I mean so you didn’t get to play in 2020 for covid so 2019 you got Dodson and I mean no harm here but I just hated to see the program get in that kind of shape. Like I said nothing against him or the school and I get it no one else applied and someone has to fill the role but that really was just a time when you sat there and looked at the program and people got worried.

So then you take last year and Meigs found there guy in Wayland. I mean that man was flat out the perfect coach for and the right man for the job. You wanna take a program that Bissell built and get that back and be did just that and the future looked bright. Sadly Jeff had to make the decision leave and this is where it gets a little sad for the marauders.

So now you got this guy and pretty much pulled him out of the big bend in middle port and we all know how that ship is ran. I will say this that this guy and the coach at eastern got lots in common. Love to hear themselves chirp. Looks like a downhill spiral of daddy ball from here and it’s just sad after you have guys like Bissell and Wayland tnat you throw guys like Dodson and this chump in the mix and you’re just flirting with disaster
Wayland was not the perfect coach, his practices were terrible and every game and championship the meigs Marauders won in the 2021 season were solely from the players talents. He was a joke of a coach, the seniors did everything they could to get him to run a good practice but couldn’t get him to budge.

New Head Coach Pat Martin could do some pretty good stuff this upcoming season with some good talent returning and young star Ethan Stewart back

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:17 pm
SG REBEL wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:51 pm So here’s the thing on this this spring. You got this ball club in the Meigs Marauders and I will say they played a really pretty good season last year for what it was worth. I mean so you didn’t get to play in 2020 for covid so 2019 you got Dodson and I mean no harm here but I just hated to see the program get in that kind of shape. Like I said nothing against him or the school and I get it no one else applied and someone has to fill the role but that really was just a time when you sat there and looked at the program and people got worried.

Wayland was not the perfect coach, his practices were terrible and every game and championship the meigs Marauders won in the 2021 season were solely from the players talents. He was a joke of a coach, the seniors did everything they could to get him to run a good practice but couldn’t get him to budge.

New Head Coach Pat Martin could do some pretty good stuff this upcoming season with some good talent returning and young star Ethan Stewart back
When is Meigs fans going to learn? Why is a winning coach a bad coach and a losing coach a good coach? I don't understand!!!!!!

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

itsme wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:07 am

When is Meigs fans going to learn? Why is a winning coach a bad coach and a losing coach a good coach? I don't understand!!!!!!
This winning coach in wayland was not a good coach i played on that team and he was a coach at all more like a person just to fill the position, he was a joke

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:53 am

This winning coach in wayland was not a good coach i played on that team and he was a coach at all more like a person just to fill the position, he was a joke
What's wrong? You never got to start?

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

itsme wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:13 pm
Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:53 am

What's wrong? You never got to start?
No i did start actually, the team we had could of went way farther than what we did with actual coaching, no doubt in my mind if we had a coach like Bissel we would of made it to the final state tournament but wayland was too caught up on 15 minute batting cage practices that he couldn’t see that ( 15 minutes for the entire roster to go through), it’s bad when you have 6 of your seniors, 2 juniors and your stud sophomore going to a former coach to practice to improve because our head coach couldn’t do the job

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I think Meigs hit it out of the park hiring Coach Martin. He knows baseball. He cares about the kids. He loves Meigs. Will there be a learning curve. Sure. But I think he is going to be a phenomenal baseball coach. I’m excited to see him lead this program for many many years

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Super trooper wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:00 am I think Meigs hit it out of the park hiring Coach Martin. He knows baseball. He cares about the kids. He loves Meigs. Will there be a learning curve. Sure. But I think he is going to be a phenomenal baseball coach. I’m excited to see him lead this program for many many years
Agree 100% he’s got the tools and the drive to be great

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Super trooper wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:00 am I think Meigs hit it out of the park hiring Coach Martin. He knows baseball. He cares about the kids. He loves Meigs. Will there be a learning curve. Sure. But I think he is going to be a phenomenal baseball coach. I’m excited to see him lead this program for many many years
I agree. My concern is dealing with parents. He is a great organizer and planner. If he can handle parents, he will be fine.

SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

Running Bissel out is the worst thing Meigs ever did next to hiring NFL

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

SG REBEL wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:24 pm Running Bissel out is the worst thing Meigs ever did next to hiring NFL
Meigs didn’t run bissel out he resigned with the senior class he said he was going to resign with

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:28 am
SG REBEL wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:24 pm Running Bissel out is the worst thing Meigs ever did next to hiring NFL
Meigs didn’t run bissel out he resigned with the senior class he said he was going to resign with
Yeah. Believe me, that job was his for as long as he wanted it.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

I heard he resigned because of NFL

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

itsme wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:47 am

No he resigned with the senior group that he’d known since they were in elementary school

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:39 am
itsme wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:47 am

No he resigned with the senior group that he’d known since they were in elementary school
He was tired of NFL trying to run the show!!!

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

Daddyball is t he wave of the future. Havent you noticed Trimble athletics lately.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

guessing your son didnt get to play enough

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

PurplePower wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:09 pm

guessing your son didnt get to play enough
I don’t have kids i was the starting 3rd baseman, he was just a joke of a coach. Didn’t help on fundamentals or help with our mental status of the game

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Sounds to me like you are mad your dad ain’t the coach. But you guys will win a lot of games as long as you don’t have to play Fat Phil from Walnut Hill.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.

Return to “Baseball”