SOC 2 - 2022

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

SOC 2 - 2022

Post by bunt pirate »

Lots of turnover from last season for a lot of teams. This season should be super competitive and a lot of teams will be a bit of a mystery coming in. I don’t know much but here’s a little bit:

Valley:
-state final 4 run in D4 in 2021 with the covid numbers keeping them there for another year in 2022… only lost 2 key players in Williams and Andronis to my knowledge. Best pitching staff in league with Arnett and Nickel returning and I heard Secrest is back after transferring from Northwest… which makes them the overwhelming favorite in the league and in D4 regional.

Minford:
-two big losses in EVL & Risner… But lots of key players returning including Crank, Wheeler, Queen, Borland, etc… and up and coming pitcher Noah Martin who had his 2021 season end to injury. They will be a contender in the league and in D3.

Wheelersburg:
-We lost a lot of seniors last year and our ace pitcher but the cupboard is not bare. Thomas and Estep will step up on the mound and a plethora of young talent will show itself in this new era of burg baseball. They will be competitive and vie for a league and district title. Mark my words.

This is where my knowledge drops off tremendously:

Northwest:
-new coach Brandon Doss was a good player at SSU. With the loss of secrest and the Japanese exchange student they’ll be searching for an ace on the bump. Should be competitive with a good amount of returning talent.

West:
-Lost a ton of seniors. Sayre might be the only returning starter. Coach Goodwin will have to get some young pups ready to play a rough league schedule.

Waverly:
-Lost Eblin and a few other seniors but they always reload and compete. I expect new faces to step up with the young stud Boles being the new face of the program. Boles might be the top arm in the league and his bat isn’t far behind… plus the athleticism that he possesses. Waverly will battle for a league title.

Oak Hill:
-Lost a Hines boy and a few other nice players that had a lot of varsity experience. But this isn’t about personnel. This is about leadership. Coach Jason Wright is back at the helm and this instantly puts the oaks in a better place. He’s a veteran coach with tons of respect. Expect oak hill to compete.

South Webster:
-Don’t know much but they lost just 2 seniors I believe. Knocked off Minford last year as one of the only teams to do it. I know they have some talent coming in JH next year… And they have potential as a true D4 in a D3 league. Played all the top teams tough last year and return some nice pitching. Will be interesting to see where they shake out.

Eastern Pike:
-Lost their best two players in Clemons and the big boy (Sorry can’t remember the name)… Not sure what they have coming up… but if not much then this may be a season to forget for the eagles.

coop
SEOPS

Re: SOC 2 - 2022

Post by coop »

bunt pirate wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:03 am Lots of turnover from last season for a lot of teams. This season should be super competitive and a lot of teams will be a bit of a mystery coming in. I don’t know much but here’s a little bit:

Valley:
-state final 4 run in D4 in 2021 with the covid numbers keeping them there for another year in 2022… only lost 2 key players in Williams and Andronis to my knowledge. Best pitching staff in league with Arnett and Nickel returning and I heard Secrest is back after transferring from Northwest… which makes them the overwhelming favorite in the league and in D4 regional.

Minford:
-two big losses in EVL & Risner… But lots of key players returning including Crank, Wheeler, Queen, Borland, etc… and up and coming pitcher Noah Martin who had his 2021 season end to injury. They will be a contender in the league and in D3.

Wheelersburg:
-We lost a lot of seniors last year and our ace pitcher but the cupboard is not bare. Thomas and Estep will step up on the mound and a plethora of young talent will show itself in this new era of burg baseball. They will be competitive and vie for a league and district title. Mark my words.

Northwest:
-new coach Brandon Doss was a good player at SSU. With the loss of secrest and the Japanese exchange student they’ll be searching for an ace on the bump. Should be competitive with a good amount of returning talent.

West:
-Lost a ton of seniors. Sayre might be the only returning starter. Coach Goodwin will have to get some young pups ready to play a rough league schedule.

Waverly:
-Lost Eblin and a few other seniors but they always reload and compete. I expect new faces to step up with the young stud Boles being the new face of the program. Boles might be the top arm in the league and his bat isn’t far behind… plus the athleticism that he possesses. Waverly will battle for a league title.

Oak Hill:
-Lost a Hines boy and a few other nice players that had a lot of varsity experience. But this isn’t about personnel. This is about leadership. Coach Jason Wright is back at the helm and this instantly puts the oaks in a better place. He’s a veteran coach with tons of respect. Expect oak hill to compete.

South Webster:
-Don’t know much but they lost just 2 seniors I believe. Knocked off Minford last year as one of the only teams to do it. I know they have some talent coming in JH next year… And they have potential as a true D4 in a D3 league. Played all the top teams tough last year and return some nice pitching. Will be interesting to see where they shake out.

Eastern Pike:
-Lost their best two players in Clemons and the big boy (Sorry can’t remember the name)… Not sure what they have coming up… but if not much then this may be a season to forget for the eagles.

Secrest is at Valley. The Indians will be competitive in the league and all of D4.

art_vandelay
SE

Re: SOC 2 - 2022

Post by art_vandelay »

coop wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:54 pm
bunt pirate wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:03 am Lots of turnover from last season for a lot of teams. This season should be super competitive and a lot of teams will be a bit of a mystery coming in. I don’t know much but here’s a little bit:

Valley:

Minford:

Wheelersburg:

Northwest:

West:

Waverly:

Oak Hill:

South Webster:

Eastern Pike:

Secrest is at Valley. The Indians will be competitive in the league and all of D4.
bunt_pirate: great rundown. Valley and Minford will look a lot like last year. Burg going to have plenty of new faces in the lineup (sophomore class is loaded), but I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually a better team than last year by the time tourney rolls around.

coop: Valley's starting rotation 1-3 would play against most D2-D3 schools; in D4, it is next level depth. Add in the younger arms they can also throw, and Valley has all the pieces to win State the next 2 years. Something to look out for though is if their basketball team has a deep run in the tourney (could easily see them at Regionals this year). That may cause them a slow start, especially with the bats.*

BigGuy10
Varsity

2022 SOC2 Thread, scores, standings and schedules... post all year.

Post by BigGuy10 »

What's everyone's thoughts on the SOC II this upcoming season? Mandatory practices begin Monday so will be ready before we know it!
How's the teams shaping up? Who's returning that can be a big impact for their team? Any schedules to post? I'm excited!!

oneoak
Varsity

Re: SOC II 2022

Post by oneoak »

Oak Hill schedule

Scrimmages
Mar 15 Tue 5:00 PM Away Rock Hill
Mar 19 Sat 11:00 AM Home Eastern Meigs
Mar 21 Mon 5:00 PM VA Chilli. Adena
Mar 23 Wed 5:00 PM Home Southeastern
Reg. Season
Mar 26 Sat11:00 AM Home Piketon (DH)
Mar 28 Mon 5:00 PM Home Minford *
Mar 30 Wed 5:00 PM Home River Valley
Mar 31 Thu 5:00 PM Home South Gallia
Apr 01 Fri 5:00 PM Away Eastern Pike *
Apr 04 Mon 5:00 PM Home Portsmouth West *
Apr 05 Tue 5:00 PM Home Wellston
Apr 06 Wed 5:00 PM Away Northwest *
Apr 08 Fri 5:00 PM Away Wheelersburg *
Apr 11. Mon 5:00 PM Home Valley *
Apr 12 Tue 5:00 PM Away Westfall
Apr 13 Wed 5:00 PM Away Waverly *
Apr 15 Fri 5:00 PM Away South Webster *
Apr 16 Sat 11:00 AM Home Nelsonville-York (DH)
Apr 18 Mon 5:00 PM Away Minford *
Apr 19 Tue 7:30 PM VA Chilli. Wellston
Apr 21 Thu 5:00 PM Away River Valley
Apr 22 Fri 5:00 PM Home Eastern Pike *
Apr 25 Mon 5:00 PM Away Portsmouth West *
Apr 27 Wed 5:00 PM Home Northwest *
Apr 29 Fri 5:00 PM Home Wheelersburg *
May 02 Mon 5:00 PM Away Valley *
May 04 Wed 5:00 PM Home Waverly *
May 06 Fri 5:00 PMHome South Webster * (Senior Day)
May 10 Tue 5:00 PM Away South Point
* SOC2 League Game

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

2022? Minford, Burg, then everyone else. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

Omega wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:35 am 2022? Minford, Burg, then everyone else. The more things change, the more they remain the same.
Valley? They'll finish ahead of Minford and/or Burg.

IronNation95
Waterboy

Post by IronNation95 »

Did Waverly lose a lot from last year? Seem to just jump right over them, without a mention.
Valley is a good team. But they were 0-6 against Burg, Minford and Waverly last season…I think.
Gotta give those teams their due until you beat them.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

IronNation95 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:47 pm Did Waverly lose a lot from last year? Seem to just jump right over them, without a mention.
Valley is a good team. But they were 0-6 against Burg, Minford and Waverly last season…I think.
Seacrest from northwest is a stud, will help along side valleys other guys. I think it’ll go burg valley minford waverly Webster top 5

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:59 pm
IronNation95 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:47 pm Did Waverly lose a lot from last year? Seem to just jump right over them, without a mention.
Seacrest from northwest is a stud, will help along side valleys other guys. I think it’ll go burg valley minford waverly Webster top 5
I believe Seacrest is at Valley now, not NW. I don't want to make false accusations by any means, but I've heard from multiple people that Seacrest is not able to play this season.. if that is false I truly apologize but if someone could give more insight on that if they know for sure, thank you

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Waverly lost 4 seniors from last season in Derek Eblin (Morehead St baseball), Weston Roop (Frederick CC Maryland), Ben Flanders and Haydn Shanks. Was a solid group and would like to still have them!

Waverly does return names like Alex Boles, JT Barnett, Dawson Shoemaker and Christian Mossbarger (this years group of seniors) alongside Junior Peyton Harris, Sophomores Jase Hurd, Quinton Hurd and LT Jordan and a decent sized freshman class. With mandatory practice beginning today things are starting to get underway! Waverly will have a solid group and will be a nice battle this year vs the rest of the power in the SOC!

Hoping to post a schedule soon

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

BigGuy10 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:40 pm
I believe Seacrest is at Valley now, not NW. I don't want to make false accusations by any means, but I've heard from multiple people that Seacrest is not able to play this season.. if that is false I truly apologize but if someone could give more insight on that if they know for sure, thank you
That’s what I was implying, that he had been from northwest but was not at valley and would help along side them. However, I haven’t heard anything about him not being able to play, but he’s on their basketball team so I don’t see why he wouldn’t be allowed.
Anyways…. GO BURG

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Is he just on the team or actually playing in the basketball games for Valley? I remember my senior year, we had a guy on the football team that was academically ineligible the first six weeks of the season. He became eligible after the first six weeks and actually played the rest of the season.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:43 pm
BigGuy10 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:40 pm

That’s what I was implying, that he had been from northwest but was not at valley and would help along side them. However, I haven’t heard anything about him not being able to play, but he’s on their basketball team so I don’t see why he wouldn’t be allowed.
Anyways…. GO BURG
Sorry, I must've completely misread the part with Valley.. I see what you're saying :D Should be a good season!

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

BigGuy10 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:47 pm
Waverly lost 4 seniors from last season in Derek Eblin (Morehead St baseball), Weston Roop (Frederick CC Maryland), Ben Flanders and Haydn Shanks. Was a solid group and would like to still have them!

Waverly does return names like Alex Boles, JT Barnett, Dawson Shoemaker and Christian Mossbarger (this years group of seniors) alongside Junior Peyton Harris, Sophomores Jase Hurd, Quinton Hurd and LT Jordan and a decent sized freshman class. With mandatory practice beginning today things are starting to get underway! Waverly will have a solid group and will be a nice battle this year vs the rest of the power in the SOC!

Alex Boles is a Junior.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

TIGER#27 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:34 pm
BigGuy10 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:47 pm

Alex Boles is a Junior.
Dang autocorrect

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2022 SOC2 Thread, scores, standings and schedules... post all year.

Post by Ironman92 »

Does Eli Roberts play for South Webster?

Heard tonight Valley beat Whiteoak 6-5 at the VA, two of the top D4 teams around

daren3332
Waterboy

Post by daren3332 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:14 pm Does Eli Roberts play for South Webster?

Heard tonight Valley beat Whiteoak 6-5 at the VA, two of the top D4 teams around
Unless there are two Eli Roberts, he plays 2b for White Oak.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

daren3332 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:48 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:14 pm Does Eli Roberts play for South Webster?

There are 2, not sure Eli from SW plays, my guess would be the plays AAU.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

daren3332 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:48 am

I’m sitting here at this moment with that Eli Roberts’ mom….he’s a sophomore 2nd baseman for Whiteoak

I knew Brett Roberts played AAA ball for the Blue Jays….was just wondering. I figured he didn’t as guessing would’ve heard about him already.

Return to “Baseball”