Wheelersburg @ Valley 4/13

coop
SEOPS

Wheelersburg @ Valley 4/13

Post by coop »

The Pirates travel to Lucasville this evening for an early season showdown. Both the Pirates and Indians are undefeated in league play.

Should be a good one.

transplant
SE

Re: Wheelersburg @ Valley 4/13

Post by transplant »

Hope the rain holds off and this game gets played. Looking forward to seeing the score of this one.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Who's throwing for each team? I assume Valley will throw Arnett or Nickel? Who is Burg going to throw?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I’d assume one of Valleys top 2 will be on the hill, and would expect Burgs top guys as well.

Looking forward to this one.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 3
Wheelersburg 2

Final

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

coop wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:57 pm Valley 3
Wheelersburg 2

Final
Sounds like a great game.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

We could hear the game at the little league fields. Def sounded like a good one. Great win for the Indians.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Was surprised to see this when I got on here tonight...I drove by Valley's field I swear the scoreboard said Valley 2 and Guest 3...

Great win for Valley

Any stats?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

lineman7 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:51 am Was surprised to see this when I got on here tonight...I drove by Valley's field I swear the scoreboard said Valley 2 and Guest 3...

Great win for Valley

Any stats?
Yea the scoreboard is weird lol, the guest is on the left and home on the right.

Haven’t seen any stats.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Stats on the game:

Valley - 3 runs on 5 hits and 1 error
Burg - 2 runs on 7 hits and 1 error

Pitching:
Arnett (V) 7.0 IP, 7 hits, 2 runs, 5k, 1 BB
Thomas (WB) 4.0IP, 4 hits 3 runs, 3k 3 BB
Darling (WB) 2.0IP, 1 hit 5k

LOB: Valley(6) Burg(7)

Batting:
Copley(V) 2-3, K
Morrow(V)1-3, K

Estep(WB) 2-3, RBI
McKenzie (WB) 2-3, RBI

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I’m a little surprised with this score. I thought Wheelersburg would win the earlier matchup and Valley the later one. Mainly because Wheelersburg had been “working-out” in their new practice facility since November. I figured they would be ahead of everybody early in the season. I guess that is why we play the games.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:07 pm I’m a little surprised with this score. I thought Wheelersburg would win the earlier matchup and Valley the later one. Mainly because Wheelersburg had been “working-out” in their new practice facility since November. I figured they would be ahead of everybody early in the season. I guess that is why we play the games.
What does this even mean 😂😂

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Great game! Valley earned the win, expect a good rematch.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:16 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:07 pm I’m a little surprised with this score. I thought Wheelersburg would win the earlier matchup and Valley the later one. Mainly because Wheelersburg had been “working-out” in their new practice facility since November. I figured they would be ahead of everybody early in the season. I guess that is why we play the games.
Wondering the same thing LOL

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

coop wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:50 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:16 pm
Wondering the same thing LOL
Must not know that you are allowed to hit in the off-season 😂

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Once again SEOP posters shows their lack of knowledge when it comes to high school sports. Danicalifornia … Thanks for making my point but you show how little you understand.

My point was …. “Yes, they have been hitting since November! Straight from my co-workers who have sons involved. As I said I thought Wheelersburg would win the first matchup because they had been “working out” longer. That is based off the fact they have a practice facility where a lot of other schools do not!

Just not a lot of intelligence from poster who are questioning an “Opinion” based all facts! Lol!! 😂😂

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:00 pm Once again SEOP posters shows their lack of knowledge when it comes to high school sports. Danicalifornia … Thanks for making my point but you show how little you understand.

My point was …. “Yes, they have been hitting since November! Straight from my co-workers who have sons involved. As I said I thought Wheelersburg would win the first matchup because they had been “working out” longer. That is based off the fact they have a practice facility where a lot of other schools do not!

Just not a lot of intelligence from poster who are questioning an “Opinion” based all facts! Lol!! 😂😂
Dude, learn how to use quotations.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:00 pm Once again SEOP posters shows their lack of knowledge when it comes to high school sports. Danicalifornia … Thanks for making my point but you show how little you understand.

Wheelersburg baseball does not have their own facility, they get some of the least funding out of all sports…. Have you seen their batting cages 🤣🤣

Many players have hit balls off the metal frame and have been struck in the face.

Maybe you’re referring to the foxhole? The building that cost $100 a month to hit in? Along with reserving a time around most of the softball practices going on

Return to “Baseball”