Super Sectionals

jose
Freshman Team

Re: Super Sectionals

Post by jose »

The reason I like going on the bracket whenever it is your turn, is a great case would be this year. Jackson is #1 seed and has to play Circleville whose record is very misleading as they probably played the toughest schedule in the district which prepared them for the tournament. I guarantee if Jackson could place themselves anywhere they would have wanted to stay away from them in the sectionals.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

jose wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:56 pm The reason I like going on the bracket whenever it is your turn, is a great case would be this year. Jackson is #1 seed and has to play Circleville whose record is very misleading as they probably played the toughest schedule in the district which prepared them for the tournament. I guarantee if Jackson could place themselves anywhere they would have wanted to stay away from them in the sectionals.
And Go Where? Div. 2 was a BEAR! Also, Jackson was the #1 Seed, so there really is no place for them to choose other than the First bracket. Other teams would have to choose to stay away or play them.
However, I also think teams should get to choose their destiny.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

on the black wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:08 pm Southern wins. Eastern had the lead most of the game and ended up losing by 1. Traveling almost two hours is definitely a contributing factor. If you keep teams in their sectional like it always was all the best teams make districts. Eastern and Huntington should meet in Chillicothe and same for southern and Manchester if they can make it out of their respective sectional tournament
So you don't want the best teams in the district? Got it.

In D4 the top 7 seeds and the #9 are in the districts. If the TVC was loaded, you would want a super sectional as all of the teams would have a chance to get out. Super sectional isn't great for travel, but it is much better for the quality of the district tournament.

The thing that stands out to me was back in I want to say 2012 in basketball. The Jackson sectional was flat loaded. I want to say it was like Peake-Portsmouth-Ironton as the 1-3 seeds. Valley was the 4 and Minford the 5. Minford was probably one of the top 6-7 teams in the district and had to play Valley in the sectional. Valley beats them then gets the #1 seed from the Athens sectional (NY) and just drummed them in the Convo. The top 3 seeds at Jackson all won district titles and Valley lost in a thriller to Portsmouth. The teams that made the Convo from the Athens sectional (I want to say NY, Wellston, ZT, and someone else...Not sure without looking) lost the 4 games in the district semi's by just a stupid number. It was like 25ppg. It made the first round of the districts just brutal.

No system is perfect, but the super sectional makes the quality of play way better in the later rounds.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

I think that’s where Jackson would’ve chosen to play anyways. There are 11 good teams in the district and even the bottom teams have solid aces. Circleville had a better game and that’s just baseball

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

baseball16 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:03 pm
jose wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:56 pm The reason I like going on the bracket whenever it is your turn, is a great case would be this year. Jackson is #1 seed and has to play Circleville whose record is very misleading as they probably played the toughest schedule in the district which prepared them for the tournament. I guarantee if Jackson could place themselves anywhere they would have wanted to stay away from them in the sectionals.
And Go Where? Div. 2 was a BEAR! Also, Jackson was the #1 Seed, so there really is no place for them to choose other than the First bracket. Other teams would have to choose to stay away or play them.
However, I also think teams should get to choose their destiny.
When you go on the bracket that way you can pass and go on it when you want. EX: Even if you are a low seed you still might want to stay away from a team that is a higher seed because they have a stud pitcher. Trust me coaches in the district know which teams would be a bad matchup for them. Yes eventually might have to play them but sometimes their are sectional matchups that should not be matched up until at least the districts.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Seems to me teams would be trying to avoid the state ranked team and not the 8 seed. Can’t believe you Jackson people are complaining about the draw. Typical

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Vik wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:03 pm Seems to me teams would be trying to avoid the state ranked team and not the 8 seed. Can’t believe you Jackson people are complaining about the draw. Typical
For the first time ever I agree with you Vik. Jackson rarely reaches their potential.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

But Jackson being #1 would be on the bracket early and the opponent would choose them.

Return to “Baseball”