D3 Tournament Thread

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Re: D3 Tournament Thread

Post by Tvcfanatic »

OVC Champ wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:41 am
Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:39 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:35 pm Fairland 7, Portsmouth 0

Fairland’s pitcher threw very well, only allowing 2 hits. The Dragons only had 1 RBI for their 7 runs due to wildness and fielding mistakes by the Trojans.
Who did fairland throw?
Tyler Sammons
Thanks

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Backerpitch70 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:52 am Portsmouth did not look like a three seed at all.
That’s what i heard, said 6 of fairlands runs come off Portsmouth errors

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:41 am the Burg vs. Meigs game will be interesting. Over the years, Burg has always been the best fastball hitting team in SE Ohio year in and year out. They will have their hands full with Stewart, kid can deal.
Heck of a game by Meigs, Stewart just continues to be fantastic!

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:48 pm One of the Wheelersburg coaches said “ You guys don’t deserve to be here” in reference to meigs to a meigs assistant coach, then proceeded to get beat by 8 runs. Seems he better start watching what he says to people/teams that he doesn’t know anything about
Have fun with it. :mrgreen:

I know, I was D1 fellas
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:05 am
Backerpitch70 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:52 am Portsmouth did not look like a three seed at all.
That’s what i heard, said 6 of fairlands runs come off Portsmouth errors

Portsmouth lost to Fairland 2 times in regular season but more competitive, first game was 9 to 5 ,second 5 to 4 .

I seen the first inning and Spence was struggling at pitching added with a couple errors and gave up 3 in the inning ,add that with the great pitching by Fairland and this game was basically decided early.

Best of luck to Fairland .

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:33 pm
Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:48 pm One of the Wheelersburg coaches said “ You guys don’t deserve to be here” in reference to meigs to a meigs assistant coach, then proceeded to get beat by 8 runs. Seems he better start watching what he says to people/teams that he doesn’t know anything about
Yeah, I calling bs on that one. Sounds like a made-up story from a coach used to fire his team up.

Regardless, congrats to Burg on a solid season and SOC II championship while having only 3 upperclassmen on their entire roster. Good luck to Meigs going forward.*

I have to agree with art. Total BS move by the coach to fire up his team. If that's what it takes then so be it.

I think Meigs is still fired up from losing to Burg back to back years in basketball a few years back. Those two games and this baseball game is about the only history between these two schools.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:22 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:33 pm
Yeah, I calling bs on that one. Sounds like a made-up story from a coach used to fire his team up.

Regardless, congrats to Burg on a solid season and SOC II championship while having only 3 upperclassmen on their entire roster. Good luck to Meigs going forward.*

I have to agree with art. Total BS move by the coach to fire up his team. If that's what it takes then so be it.

I think Meigs is still fired up from losing to Burg back to back years in basketball a few years back. Those two games and this baseball game is about the only history between these two schools.
I can understand where you guys are saying the meigs assistant coach could have made it up to pump up the team, but from my understanding he didn't tell the team until after the game

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Scores from Tonight??

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Some of the games start at 7

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Zane Trace 10 Rock Hill 4

OVC Champ
Waterboy

Post by OVC Champ »

Not sure how they were a 3 seed either. They didn’t win the conference.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Minford 3, Wellston 1

Had a 50 minute weather delay. Borland pitched extremely well for the Falcons.

Return to “Baseball”