Meigs vs Fairland

Bozo
S

Re: D3 district championship games

Post by Bozo »

Wednesday

Zane Trace vs. Rock Hill
Minford vs. Wellston

District Championship on Thursday at 7pm.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Thursday (District Finals)

Meigs vs. Fairland 4pm
Zane Trace vs. Minford 7pm

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

I got Meigs and Zane Trace winning and meeting in regionals

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

With the weather going to be bad later would be nice to see them reschedule for the weekend as they are calling for better conditions

Live Like A Champion!
Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I think I just saw Noah's Ark go by the house. Yes, rain all evening at least. Even though the games are at the V. A., you don't want to see District Championship games played in the rain.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Bozo wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:16 am I think I just saw Noah's Ark go by the house. Yes, rain all evening at least. Even though the games are at the V. A., you don't want to see District Championship games played in the rain.
100% agree if it gets too bad, reschedule for saturday or sunday. would get a lot more fans there that way too considering they'd be off work to come watch

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:29 am
Bozo wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:16 am I think I just saw Noah's Ark go by the house. Yes, rain all evening at least. Even though the games are at the V. A., you don't want to see District Championship games played in the rain.
100% agree if it gets too bad, reschedule for saturday or sunday. would get a lot more fans there that way too considering they'd be off work to come watch
I would imagine there would be some conflict with school's graduations if games were moved to the weekend. Anyone know if the 4 teams have already had their commencements?

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:34 am
I would imagine there would be some conflict with school's graduations if games were moved to the weekend. Anyone know if the 4 teams have already had their commencements?
meigs is tomorrow

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

No, two graduations Friday evening, games will be played at noon and 4:00 on Friday.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

ZT graduated last Saturday.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Both games are postponed today, Will be played tomorrow

Meigs vs. Fairland 12pm
ZaneTrace vs. Minford 4pm

ForAlltheMarbles
Waterboy

Post by ForAlltheMarbles »

Pol pot wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:15 pm

No, two graduations Friday evening, games will be played at noon and 4:00 on Friday.
I have researched and Meigs's and Fairland's graduations are at 8 pm and 7 pm respectively. What happens if the noon game on Friday is delayed through the afternoon? How is that right for Seniors on both Fairland and Meigs? I say postpone that game to Saturday if they cannot play before 2pm tomorrow. OHSAA should be working with the schools and not against them in this case. Otherwise, it would be hypocritical of OHSAA to say they are supporting the Senior kids from both teams by making them decide to play a game or walk across the stage.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

ForAlltheMarbles wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:15 pm

I have researched and Meigs's and Fairland's graduations are at 8 pm and 7 pm respectively. What happens if the noon game on Friday is delayed through the afternoon? How is that right for Seniors on both Fairland and Meigs? I say postpone that game to Saturday if they cannot play before 2pm tomorrow. OHSAA should be working with the schools and not against them in this case. Otherwise, it would be hypocritical of OHSAA to say they are supporting the Senior kids from both teams by making them decide to play a game or walk across the stage.
For one, by tournament regulations, you can only postpone 1 day at a time. No one is stating that anyone is going to be forced to miss graduations tomorrow. But you cannot just automatically push games multiple days. All things will be considered. But also, if the kid is running track, playing tennis, etc. they have to make a choice, compete or graduation ceremony.

And you assume, no one is working with these schools? Making constant contact with administrators from all four schools. Could you provide me please with that information?

ForAlltheMarbles
Waterboy

Post by ForAlltheMarbles »

Pol pot wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:23 pm

For one, by tournament regulations, you can only postpone 1 day at a time. No one is stating that anyone is going to be forced to miss graduations tomorrow. But you cannot just automatically push games multiple days. All things will be considered. But also, if the kid is running track, playing tennis, etc. they have to make a choice, compete or graduation ceremony.

And you assume, no one is working with these schools? Making constant contact with administrators from all four schools. Could you provide me please with that information?
The attempt should have been made to get the games on today instead of being postponed. The first game probably would have been completed. They might have had to postpone part of the second game until later. None of that matters now.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ForAlltheMarbles wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:48 pm
Pol pot wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:23 pm

The attempt should have been made to get the games on today instead of being postponed. The first game probably would have been completed. They might have had to postpone part of the second game until later. None of that matters now.
We would still be in a 5 hour delay for the 1st game now if they played it today.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Thunder/Lightning started in Chillicothe about 5pm. Downpours from about 5:30 until now at 10:15pm. The first game would have been suspended in about the 3rd inning. Second game would have never been played. So, if Meigs and Fairland wanted to drive 4 hour round trip at $4.50 a gallon, they would have watched three innings.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Looks like rain all day tomorrow, but like posted above they can post phone for Saturday tomorrow?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

petesweaty wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:20 pm Thunder/Lightning started in Chillicothe about 5pm. Downpours from about 5:30 until now at 10:15pm. The first game would have been suspended in about the 3rd inning. Second game would have never been played. So, if Meigs and Fairland wanted to drive 4 hour round trip at $4.50 a gallon, they would have watched three innings.
Well, forallthemarbles, must have lost a few marbles. At one point he's wanting to wait until better weather on Saturday, then he's wanting teams to travel 4 hours roundtrip at $4.50 a gallon to have to come back again.

Return to “Baseball”