Tvc ohio standings

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: Tvc ohio standings

Post by Raiderball »

Updated 4/25
Raiderball wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:11 am Not positive but I believe RV is 3-5, 1-3. Alexander game was called for lightening.

L Fairland
W Chesapeake
W Belpre
L Rock Hill
L Wellston
Alexander
L Meigs
L Vinton Co.
W Nelsonville York
L Athens
W Vinton Co.
Oak Hill canceled
Wellston
W Alexander

Don't remember hearing scores for Wellston game.
Alexander game to be completed at a later date.
Games I know final scores of RV is 5-6, 3-4.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

itsme wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:45 pm
hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:23 pm I believe you were there. I know I was... July 2007 in McArthur

https://www.athensmessenger.com/sports/ ... d9c0d.html

If you can't follow the link, here is what it said...

Meigs jumped out to a 3-0 lead and held off various Athens rally bids including a big one in the bottom of the ninth inning to edge the Post 21 squad 3-2 in the championship game. The victory advances Meigs' record to 17-23 overall while Athens ends its season at 22-15.

Joel Lynch picked up the victory with Luke Haislop coming on in relief in the ninth inning and gaining a save. Tyler Thompson, the second of three Athens pitchers, suffered the loss. Anthony Dixon pitched the first three innings before having to leave the mound under Legion pitching rules. Jared Gandee took over for Thompson on the mound in the ninth inning.

Dixon had pitched all nine innings in Athens' game against Pickerington earlier in the day. Under Legion rules, pitchers are limited to 12 innings or four appearances in a three-day span.

"We told our players to be aggressive at the plate. That has been our philosophy the last two weeks of the season," Meigs coach Will Haislop said.

The team was aided by some key defensive players including three double plays. Lynch retired Athens in order in five of the first eight innings and Athens left just one runner on base in that span despite having five hits in the other three innings. Lynch scattered seven hits en route to the win.

"We took away Athens' 'small' game by playing Zach (third baseman Zach Haislop) in the grass," the Meigs coach added. "We could have folded there at the end but they didn't," he added about his players in reference to Athens' ninth-inning rally bid.

Haislop praised his players for going through the week's games unbeaten.

"It gives our boys confidence going into the next tournament," he said.

Despite the loss, Athens coach Brent Chadwell was pleased with his team's overall effort in the game.

"We got two hits the first inning off of Lynch but then he settled in after that," Chadwell said. "It's a tribute to our kids that they didn't quit. The tying run was 90 feet away and the winning run at second base. We battled right to the end," he added.

"Meigs is an outstanding team and will represent our district well. They have good pitching, some nice hitters and solid defense," Chadwell said.

Meigs collected 11 hits led by Cory Shafer with two doubles and Luke Haislop, Pat Johnson and Eric Van Meter two singles apiece. Dave Poole added a home run. Lynch a double and Zach Haislop a single. Poole had two RBIs and Johnson one.

Athens wound up with seven hits paced by Jared Cline with three singles and Ryan Thomas two. Ryan McCune and Dixon chipped in with a single apiece. McCune and Cory Bean had an RBI apiece.

Meigs broke what had been a scoreless duel in the fourth inning as Lynch doubled and advanced on an infield groundout and Johnson's single. The team added its other runs in the sixth inning as Luke Haislop singled and advanced on a bunt by Lynch setting the stage for Poole' s home run to center field. Meigs had only one runner past second base except for its scoring plays.

Athens, meanwhile, had only one runner as far as third base in the first eight innings despite its first five hits. Meigs turned double plays in the first, fourth and seventh innings and had a key defensive play by Shafer at second base to end the fifth inning.

Trailing 3-0 heading to the bottom of the ninth inning, Dixon had a leadoff single then pinch hitter Hiiro Tanda reached first as Dixon was forced at second. With two out, Athens loaded the bases as Cline and Chadwell reached on a pair of errors. Tanda then scored on a single to left by McCune.

Luke Haislop took over on the mound and Cline scored as Bean walked but a strikeout ended the Athens rally bid.
what's legion ball got to do with high school ball
It doesn't really. The initial topic was pitch count. I stated that Vinton County was penalized for going over "...two pitches..." I then asked if we have become soft. Some people said no, it is to protect the player. I said "Ok" but I saw an high school aged pitcher throw 157 pitches in one day. Some one said it never happened. I know it did, because I was there and found the corresponding news article and posted it. I think the point I was making times have certainly changed in the last 16 years.

Next time, try to keep up.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

I'll try to put this thing to bed. No, we have not become too soft. Like the rule or not, it's intended for pitcher's arm safety/care.
Yes, for the first time that I'm aware of, the TVC is tracking pitches, via a google doc sheet. Each team's staff is responsible for entering in the pitcher and his pitch count for each game. And no, this was not about throwing "17 pitches while only being allotted 15." What happened was a clear violation of the OHSAA pitch count rule. Said player threw 117 pitches on a Friday. By rule, that player must not be on the mound for the following 3 days (Sat/Sun/Mon). VC DID throw him on that Monday (against Alexander), for 14 pitches. Doesn't matter if it was 1 pitch that day or another 117, it was in clear violation of the pitch count.
OHSAA rules state that if a team is in violation of the rule, "A team shall forfeit any victorious contest in which a player violates the pitch count regulation."

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

TvC1996 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:48 pm What's the standings?
Meigs undefeated
Athens 3 Ls
Wellston 4 Ls?
NY 5 Ls
VC?
Alex?
River valley?
I believe atleast the first 3 are correct , i know for sure the first 2 are

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:34 pm
hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:23 pm I believe you were there. I know I was... July 2007 in McArthur

Meigs jumped out to a 3-0 lead and held off various Athens rally bids including a big one in the bottom of the ninth inning to edge the Post 21 squad 3-2 in the championship game. The victory advances Meigs' record to 17-23 overall while Athens ends its season at 22-15.

Joel Lynch picked up the victory with Luke Haislop coming on in relief in the ninth inning and gaining a save. Tyler Thompson, the second of three Athens pitchers, suffered the loss. Anthony Dixon pitched the first three innings before having to leave the mound under Legion pitching rules. Jared Gandee took over for Thompson on the mound in the ninth inning.

Dixon had pitched all nine innings in Athens' game against Pickerington earlier in the day. Under Legion rules, pitchers are limited to 12 innings or four appearances in a three-day span.

"We told our players to be aggressive at the plate. That has been our philosophy the last two weeks of the season," Meigs coach Will Haislop said.

The team was aided by some key defensive players including three double plays. Lynch retired Athens in order in five of the first eight innings and Athens left just one runner on base in that span despite having five hits in the other three innings. Lynch scattered seven hits en route to the win.

"We took away Athens' 'small' game by playing Zach (third baseman Zach Haislop) in the grass," the Meigs coach added. "We could have folded there at the end but they didn't," he added about his players in reference to Athens' ninth-inning rally bid.

Despite the loss, Athens coach Brent Chadwell was pleased with his team's overall effort in the game.

"We got two hits the first inning off of Lynch but then he settled in after that," Chadwell said. "It's a tribute to our kids that they didn't quit. The tying run was 90 feet away and the winning run at second base. We battled right to the end," he added.

"Meigs is an outstanding team and will represent our district well. They have good pitching, some nice hitters and solid defense," Chadwell said.

Meigs collected 11 hits led by Cory Shafer with two doubles and Luke Haislop, Pat Johnson and Eric Van Meter two singles apiece. Dave Poole added a home run. Lynch a double and Zach Haislop a single. Poole had two RBIs and Johnson one.

Athens wound up with seven hits paced by Jared Cline with three singles and Ryan Thomas two. Ryan McCune and Dixon chipped in with a single apiece. McCune and Cory Bean had an RBI apiece.

Meigs broke what had been a scoreless duel in the fourth inning as Lynch doubled and advanced on an infield groundout and Johnson's single. The team added its other runs in the sixth inning as Luke Haislop singled and advanced on a bunt by Lynch setting the stage for Poole' s home run to center field. Meigs had only one runner past second base except for its scoring plays.

Athens, meanwhile, had only one runner as far as third base in the first eight innings despite its first five hits. Meigs turned double plays in the first, fourth and seventh innings and had a key defensive play by Shafer at second base to end the fifth inning.

Trailing 3-0 heading to the bottom of the ninth inning, Dixon had a leadoff single then pinch hitter Hiiro Tanda reached first as Dixon was forced at second. With two out, Athens loaded the bases as Cline and Chadwell reached on a pair of errors. Tanda then scored on a single to left by McCune.

Luke Haislop took over on the mound and Cline scored as Bean walked but a strikeout ended the Athens rally bid.
It doesn't really. The initial topic was pitch count. I stated that Vinton County was penalized for going over "...two pitches..." I then asked if we have become soft. Some people said no, it is to protect the player. I said "Ok" but I saw an high school aged pitcher throw 157 pitches in one day. Some one said it never happened. I know it did, because I was there and found the corresponding news article and posted it. I think the point I was making times have certainly changed in the last 16 years.

Next time, try to keep up.
I kept up and I do agree players are becoming soft in all sports. one reason in lots (not all) of the case parents is raising soft children.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Absolutely nothing. Just some jabbery between old friends.
Pretend we're not here and carry on.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:58 pm I'll try to put this thing to bed. No, we have not become too soft. Like the rule or not, it's intended for pitcher's arm safety/care.
Yes, for the first time that I'm aware of, the TVC is tracking pitches, via a google doc sheet. Each team's staff is responsible for entering in the pitcher and his pitch count for each game. And no, this was not about throwing "17 pitches while only being allotted 15." What happened was a clear violation of the OHSAA pitch count rule. Said player threw 117 pitches on a Friday. By rule, that player must not be on the mound for the following 3 days (Sat/Sun/Mon). VC DID throw him on that Monday (against Alexander), for 14 pitches. Doesn't matter if it was 1 pitch that day or another 117, it was in clear violation of the pitch count.
OHSAA rules state that if a team is in violation of the rule, "A team shall forfeit any victorious contest in which a player violates the pitch count regulation."
Thank you for the clarification. I stand corrected. However, going back to my original statement, the Vinton County staff should not be absolved. They had to know. And it seems that they did.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

We always used to beat the brakes off VC. Now I see why they have been recently winning. Dirty cheaters. Not surprised though. Kids form VC can only count to 20 if they take their shoes off. Everything past that is advanced math.

Return to “Baseball”