Varsity

Tvc ohio standings

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Whats everyones record i know meigs is 6-1 and 4-0 in the tvc

TvC1996
Waterboy

Re: Tvc ohio standings

Post by TvC1996 »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:06 pm Whats everyones record i know meigs is 6-1 and 4-0 in the tvc
NY 5-4 and 2-3 in TVC

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Not positive but I believe RV is 3-6, 1-3. Alexander game was called for lightening.

L Fairland
W Chesapeake
W Belpre
L Rock Hill
L Wellston
Alexander
L Meigs
L Vinton Co.
W Nelsonville York

TvC1996
Waterboy

Post by TvC1996 »

TvC1996 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:48 pm
Tvcfanatic wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:06 pm Whats everyones record i know meigs is 6-1 and 4-0 in the tvc
NY 5-4 and 2-3 in TVC
Trimble L
Fed hock W
Belpre W
Trimble W
Alexander W
Meigs L
Athens L
River valley L
Vinton county W

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Oh look. Fanatic wanting to get on here and brag about his brothers team and how great they are. But then he doesnt want to give T the credit he is due for building monsters in the weightroom and being directly responsible for any success we have in maraudernation.

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

He seems like a real winner lol

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

T is a proven winner. Dude was a darkhorse for the Heisman when he was at OU. He builds monsters in the weightroom.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I have not heard from the officials at the school, but I got it from some pretty good sources that Alexander had filed a protest against Vinton County for a pitch count violation of, what I was told, "...two pitches..." The conference awarded Alexander the win, in a 3-2 contest, that Vinton County had won.

Now, there are several arguments to this...

If it is true and it is "...two pitches..." Why? Why would Alexander risked future karma on gaining a meaningless win? Alexander boys' sports are going to be down for a little while and you don't think that there could be "payback" for something like this?

Now, Vinton County is not absolved either. A member of the coaching staff had to know or should have known pitch counts. That's on them.

But my biggest question is...Is this where we are in sports today? What should have been a friendly high school baseball game between neighbors, family, and friends has turned into future grudge matches. Also, the game as become to soft, that we have to have pitch counts? What are we doing?

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Does the league have a system where pitch counts can be tracked dependably? Or is it based on "well we had you for 127 pitches instead of 125?"

I don't know how you can enforce the rule unless umpires check pitch counts after each inning or you have an objective 3rd party that keeps pitch count for both teams (which, with the umpire shortage, I know is impossible)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The game isn’t “too soft” because of enforcing pitch count and making sure everyone plays by the same rules. While there may not be a real difference toward a kid’s safety between pushing 120 into 127 or 130, the line is pretty clearly drawn where it becomes a violation.

I will say that 127 is a weird number to end on. Did the pitcher in question put away Batter 1 on pitch 125, and started on Batter 2 at 126 with a retirement on two pitches? Was the first pitch to Batter 1 #123-124 and the at-bat carried to 127? The latter case isn’t against the rules, but the former is.

If it’s the former, it may be gamesmanship but it’s a black and white rule that is hard to be on the wrong side of. Perhaps Alex should’ve called for time and conferenced it with the VC coaches, but ultimately it falls at the feet of the pitcher’s team to make sure 1) their records are accurate and truthful 2) they act accordingly to their records being accurate and truthful, and pull when it indicates he’s reached the line for the night.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Meigs is behind it. That TVCfanatic probabaly called one of his chums and asked them to fudge the report. When a school osnt any good at anything they will do anything to win apparently.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

As I am understanding it, this pitcher came in in relief, he pitched 17 pitches, when he was only allotted 15 pitches.

Before this, I saw a pitcher from Trimble throw an 157 pitches in a extra inning game, that went nine innings, only to turn around and start the next game, the second game of a double header.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:01 pm As I am understanding it, this pitcher came in in relief, he pitched 17 pitches, when he was only allotted 15 pitches.

Before this, I saw a pitcher from Trimble throw an 157 pitches in a extra inning game, that went nine innings, only to turn around and start the next game, the second game of a double header.
157 pitches? Lol. Never happened...

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I believe you were there. I know I was... July 2007 in McArthur

https://www.athensmessenger.com/sports/ ... d9c0d.html

If you can't follow the link, here is what it said...

Meigs jumped out to a 3-0 lead and held off various Athens rally bids including a big one in the bottom of the ninth inning to edge the Post 21 squad 3-2 in the championship game. The victory advances Meigs' record to 17-23 overall while Athens ends its season at 22-15.

Joel Lynch picked up the victory with Luke Haislop coming on in relief in the ninth inning and gaining a save. Tyler Thompson, the second of three Athens pitchers, suffered the loss. Anthony Dixon pitched the first three innings before having to leave the mound under Legion pitching rules. Jared Gandee took over for Thompson on the mound in the ninth inning.

Dixon had pitched all nine innings in Athens' game against Pickerington earlier in the day. Under Legion rules, pitchers are limited to 12 innings or four appearances in a three-day span.

"We told our players to be aggressive at the plate. That has been our philosophy the last two weeks of the season," Meigs coach Will Haislop said.

The team was aided by some key defensive players including three double plays. Lynch retired Athens in order in five of the first eight innings and Athens left just one runner on base in that span despite having five hits in the other three innings. Lynch scattered seven hits en route to the win.

"We took away Athens' 'small' game by playing Zach (third baseman Zach Haislop) in the grass," the Meigs coach added. "We could have folded there at the end but they didn't," he added about his players in reference to Athens' ninth-inning rally bid.

Haislop praised his players for going through the week's games unbeaten.

"It gives our boys confidence going into the next tournament," he said.

Despite the loss, Athens coach Brent Chadwell was pleased with his team's overall effort in the game.

"We got two hits the first inning off of Lynch but then he settled in after that," Chadwell said. "It's a tribute to our kids that they didn't quit. The tying run was 90 feet away and the winning run at second base. We battled right to the end," he added.

"Meigs is an outstanding team and will represent our district well. They have good pitching, some nice hitters and solid defense," Chadwell said.

Meigs collected 11 hits led by Cory Shafer with two doubles and Luke Haislop, Pat Johnson and Eric Van Meter two singles apiece. Dave Poole added a home run. Lynch a double and Zach Haislop a single. Poole had two RBIs and Johnson one.

Athens wound up with seven hits paced by Jared Cline with three singles and Ryan Thomas two. Ryan McCune and Dixon chipped in with a single apiece. McCune and Cory Bean had an RBI apiece.

Meigs broke what had been a scoreless duel in the fourth inning as Lynch doubled and advanced on an infield groundout and Johnson's single. The team added its other runs in the sixth inning as Luke Haislop singled and advanced on a bunt by Lynch setting the stage for Poole' s home run to center field. Meigs had only one runner past second base except for its scoring plays.

Athens, meanwhile, had only one runner as far as third base in the first eight innings despite its first five hits. Meigs turned double plays in the first, fourth and seventh innings and had a key defensive play by Shafer at second base to end the fifth inning.

Trailing 3-0 heading to the bottom of the ninth inning, Dixon had a leadoff single then pinch hitter Hiiro Tanda reached first as Dixon was forced at second. With two out, Athens loaded the bases as Cline and Chadwell reached on a pair of errors. Tanda then scored on a single to left by McCune.

Luke Haislop took over on the mound and Cline scored as Bean walked but a strikeout ended the Athens rally bid.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:23 pm I believe you were there. I know I was... July 2007 in McArthur

Meigs jumped out to a 3-0 lead and held off various Athens rally bids including a big one in the bottom of the ninth inning to edge the Post 21 squad 3-2 in the championship game. The victory advances Meigs' record to 17-23 overall while Athens ends its season at 22-15.

Joel Lynch picked up the victory with Luke Haislop coming on in relief in the ninth inning and gaining a save. Tyler Thompson, the second of three Athens pitchers, suffered the loss. Anthony Dixon pitched the first three innings before having to leave the mound under Legion pitching rules. Jared Gandee took over for Thompson on the mound in the ninth inning.

Dixon had pitched all nine innings in Athens' game against Pickerington earlier in the day. Under Legion rules, pitchers are limited to 12 innings or four appearances in a three-day span.

"We told our players to be aggressive at the plate. That has been our philosophy the last two weeks of the season," Meigs coach Will Haislop said.

The team was aided by some key defensive players including three double plays. Lynch retired Athens in order in five of the first eight innings and Athens left just one runner on base in that span despite having five hits in the other three innings. Lynch scattered seven hits en route to the win.

"We took away Athens' 'small' game by playing Zach (third baseman Zach Haislop) in the grass," the Meigs coach added. "We could have folded there at the end but they didn't," he added about his players in reference to Athens' ninth-inning rally bid.

Despite the loss, Athens coach Brent Chadwell was pleased with his team's overall effort in the game.

"We got two hits the first inning off of Lynch but then he settled in after that," Chadwell said. "It's a tribute to our kids that they didn't quit. The tying run was 90 feet away and the winning run at second base. We battled right to the end," he added.

"Meigs is an outstanding team and will represent our district well. They have good pitching, some nice hitters and solid defense," Chadwell said.

Meigs collected 11 hits led by Cory Shafer with two doubles and Luke Haislop, Pat Johnson and Eric Van Meter two singles apiece. Dave Poole added a home run. Lynch a double and Zach Haislop a single. Poole had two RBIs and Johnson one.

Athens wound up with seven hits paced by Jared Cline with three singles and Ryan Thomas two. Ryan McCune and Dixon chipped in with a single apiece. McCune and Cory Bean had an RBI apiece.

Meigs broke what had been a scoreless duel in the fourth inning as Lynch doubled and advanced on an infield groundout and Johnson's single. The team added its other runs in the sixth inning as Luke Haislop singled and advanced on a bunt by Lynch setting the stage for Poole' s home run to center field. Meigs had only one runner past second base except for its scoring plays.

Athens, meanwhile, had only one runner as far as third base in the first eight innings despite its first five hits. Meigs turned double plays in the first, fourth and seventh innings and had a key defensive play by Shafer at second base to end the fifth inning.

Trailing 3-0 heading to the bottom of the ninth inning, Dixon had a leadoff single then pinch hitter Hiiro Tanda reached first as Dixon was forced at second. With two out, Athens loaded the bases as Cline and Chadwell reached on a pair of errors. Tanda then scored on a single to left by McCune.

Luke Haislop took over on the mound and Cline scored as Bean walked but a strikeout ended the Athens rally bid.
With all due respect, none of this is relevant to the current rule or what the original topic was on pitch count.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Yes. You are correct.

slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

Coach should be banned for life

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

We need more offense. All you have to do is ask fellas.

I know, I was D1 fellas
itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:23 pm I believe you were there. I know I was... July 2007 in McArthur

what's legion ball got to do with high school ball

TvC1996
Waterboy

Post by TvC1996 »

What's the standings?
Meigs undefeated
Athens 3 Ls
Wellston 4 Ls?
NY 5 Ls
VC?
Alex?