Back to Back No Hitters

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Back to Back No Hitters

Post by FACSPORTS »

The Washington Blue Lions accomplished a rare feat this week, throwing back to back No-Hitters against league competition. On Tuesday, Tanner Lemaster threw a no-hitter in a 14-0 victory over Miami Trace, and last night Titus Lotz threw a no hitter in a 5-1 victory over Chillicothe. I wonder if that has happened before in SEO?

Bozo
S

Re: Back to Back No Hitters

Post by Bozo »

Two of the best pitchers in Southern Ohio if not the state.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Westfall did it in the tournament in 2006, but that’s the only time I can recall

Very impressive feat by Washington. They have an outstanding trio of pitchers with Dallmeyer as well.

cavsfuhball
Riding the Bench

Post by cavsfuhball »

I see a discrepancy with a hit/error in the 5th inning with Lotz last night and McConnell from Chillicothe. One book says hit but the home book says error. Either way, still impressive.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

Congrats to both pitchers, very hard to do!

Fun fact: In the 2010-2011 season Ty Leach from Miami Trace threw 3 no hitters in 3 consecutive starts. 2 in the regular season and 1 in the post season. Ill have to look back and see who the opposing teams are but I believe it was Madison Plains, Greenfield McClain and Logan Elm (post season).

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

FACSPORTS wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:15 am The Washington Blue Lions accomplished a rare feat this week, throwing back to back No-Hitters against league competition. On Tuesday, Tanner Lemaster threw a no-hitter in a 14-0 victory over Miami Trace, and last night Titus Lotz threw a no hitter in a 5-1 victory over Chillicothe. I wonder if that has happened before in SEO?
Taking nothing away nothing from the 2 WCH kids as they are very good-but no-hitters and back to back no hitters aren't as rare as you think. Also, Chillicothe has in their book a hit listed. Either way both great pitching performances.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Athens had a pitcher named Reece Wallace (2019) throw Back-to-Back No Hitters vs. two league opponents.
He pitched the Bulldogs to a (10-0) victory over the River Valley Raiders on a Friday. Kept his pitches very low.
He then pitched again and lead the Bulldogs to (7-0) victory over the Nelsonville-York Buckeyes on the following Monday.

Athens also had twin brothers Ryan and Adam Luehrman throw Back-to-Back No-Hitters in the same week. I believe (2015).

Dwight Schrute
Waterboy

Post by Dwight Schrute »

FACSPORTS wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:15 am The Washington Blue Lions accomplished a rare feat this week, throwing back to back No-Hitters against league competition. On Tuesday, Tanner Lemaster threw a no-hitter in a 14-0 victory over Miami Trace, and last night Titus Lotz threw a no hitter in a 5-1 victory over Chillicothe. I wonder if that has happened before in SEO?
If I recall correctly, a kid from Southern threw back-to-back no hitters 15 or so years ago. I am almost certain one of those was a perfect game.

Return to “Baseball”