JV Team

Re: 5/22 Meigs Marauders vs. Valley Indians

Post by coachK »

Score?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

coachK wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:37 pmScore?
Valley 2
Meigs 0

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Game could still be going to Meigs was able to make some plays behind Stewart. The Indians jumped on Stewart early in counts to limit strikeouts, which kept his pitch count way down. But, with only 4 strikeouts, it forced the Marauders to make plays, but with 4 errors it led to a pair of unearned runs.

Arnett was lights out for Valley, with 12 Ks and soft contact throughout.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:55 pm Game could still be going to Meigs was able to make some plays behind Stewart. The Indians jumped on Stewart early in counts to limit strikeouts, which kept his pitch count way down. But, with only 4 strikeouts, it forced the Marauders to make plays, but with 4 errors it led to a pair of unearned runs.

Plus, mental mistakes which should not happen this late in the season.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Its no surprise. Daddy ball loses out again. The Mud daubers had a chance to make a run behind a future MLB pitcher. But, we didnt have the intelligence to put T on the staff. Our run production doubles with his knowledge. Plus he has trained these boys and knows what they can do. Too many nights of everybody else on the team waiting for Stewart to do something bit them in the butt.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:55 pm Game could still be going to Meigs was able to make some plays behind Stewart. The Indians jumped on Stewart early in counts to limit strikeouts, which kept his pitch count way down. But, with only 4 strikeouts, it forced the Marauders to make plays, but with 4 errors it led to a pair of unearned runs.

Stewart was good. Arnett was gooder.

I am guessing the official scorer may have ruled the first Valley run as unearned, but I am not sure how.

Buckle leads off with a hit. Rideout puts down a good bunt and Buckle never stops coming to 3rd. Rideout was initially ruled safe on the drop, but it was changed to an out on the transfer. The kid dropping the ball on a transition to throw at a runner already headed to 3rd, isn't an error in my opinion. Copley follows with a hard liner/fly ball to left that scores Buckle.

Hit....bunt and a baseball play....Sac fly. I think it is an earned run, but either way, Valley found a way and will play for a 3rd straight district title tomorrow.

BadFightSong
Waterboy

Post by BadFightSong »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:28 am

I am guessing the official scorer may have ruled the first Valley run as unearned, but I am not sure how.

Buckle leads off with a hit. Rideout puts down a good bunt and Buckle never stops coming to 3rd. Rideout was initially ruled safe on the drop, but it was changed to an out on the transfer. The kid dropping the ball on a transition to throw at a runner already headed to 3rd, isn't an error in my opinion. Copley follows with a hard liner/fly ball to left that scores Buckle.

Hit....bunt and a baseball play....Sac fly. I think it is an earned run, but either way, Valley found a way and will play for a 3rd straight district title tomorrow.
That 100% is an earned run. Just good baseball on Valley's part and heads up baserunning by Buckle.

Arnett was dominate from the get go. His mix of pitches had Meigs realing the entire game. Stewart is as advertised, if he continues to work he will have success at the next level for sure.

Valley vs Portsmouth should be a really good battle. Portsmouth is very athletic and puts the bat on the ball frequently and will have Lonardo going. Valley is very well coached and have been in this environment several times.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It wasn’t earned. The runner rounded second and didn’t break for third until the ball was dropped.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:28 am

Arnett is gooder at a lot of things athletically, always has been. Congrats to the Tribe and SOC.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

MarauderMadness wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:43 am Its no surprise. Daddy ball loses out again. The Mud daubers had a chance to make a run behind a future MLB pitcher. But, we didnt have the intelligence to put T on the staff. Our run production doubles with his knowledge. Plus he has trained these boys and knows what they can do. Too many nights of everybody else on the team waiting for Stewart to do something bit them in the butt.
Boys missing speed training is what cost them.

I know, I was D1 fellas

Return to “Baseball”