Local girls commit ...

ItownHosscat
S

Local girls commit ...

Post by ItownHosscat »

I knew that Abby Barrett had signed heres her story...

GREEN'S BARRETT SIGNS WITH SHAWNEE STATE
MAY 26, 2008
The Shawnee State University Softball Team announced the signing of Green High School’s Abby Barrett. Barrett, a junior infielder, is the first commitment to Shawnee State’s 2009-2010 recruiting class.

Barrett was named 1st Team All-SOC and 1st Team All-District as a freshman and sophomore. She was 2nd Team All-Ohio as a freshman and 1st Team All-Ohio as a sophomore.

“Abby can flat out play,” said Shawnee State head coach Ralph Cole. “She’s a tremendous talent in the field and at the plate. She was being looked at by some big time programs, and we’re thrilled she’s decided to stay close to home and play for Shawnee State.”

Shawnee State competes in the American Mideast Conference. The Bears just completed the 2008 season with an overall record of 20-19.

ItownHosscat
S

Re: Local girls commit ...

Post by ItownHosscat »

Also found out Jezel DeAutremont from Rock Hill also signed.

SSU SIGNS ROCK HILL'S DeAUTREMONT
SEPTEMBER 5, 2008
Rock Hill High School’s Jazel DeAutremont has signed a letter of intent to continue her softball career at Shawnee State University. Jazel is the second member of the 2009-2010 recruiting class.

DeAutremont is a four-year varsity letter winner in softball at Rock Hill High School. She has earned 1st Team All-OVC recognition twice and 2nd Team All-District honors once. She helped lead her team to a 20-1 record and an OVC Championship her sophomore season. DeAutremont also earned four varsity letters and 1st Team All-OVC honors in volleyball.

“Jazel is a quality player that will make an immediate impact at the collegiate level,” said Head Coach Ralph Cole. “Her work ethic and attitude fits well into our system.”

Shawnee State competes in the American Mideast Conference. The Bears finished the 2008 season with an overall record of 20-19.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I coached against both at some point during their years of play.Both are well deserving.

HILL_Lady
Waterboy

Post by HILL_Lady »

I have seen both of these young ladies play, both a credit to their names. Shawnee State couldn't have done better !!!!!!!!!! I hear the lady bears should have a good season this year, we will be cheering you on !!!

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

from the sound of things baseball and softball are both going to become powerhouses at shawnee in the comming years

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

shawnee's teams should be ok this year but the softball team has really low numbers and does not have a legit catcher, they had a few but some were inelegible and other things happened. i dont think the softball program recruits as good as it could but they do alright. the baseball teamn signed alot of freshmen but i think some quit due to not being the bg dog anymore so we'll see how they do.

bluedot
Waterboy

Post by bluedot »

Shawnee is starting to get some good "A" level travel ball players now. I think you will see a some very competetive teams. If you look at what they have done since Ralph has been there they have been very succesful. They have beaten a lot of division 2 teams.
Also congrats to the girls that comitted. Jezel from Rock Hill is a solid player and Abbey from Green is very good. No doubt they both love to play!!

tri_state
Waterboy

Post by tri_state »

Did Ali Keller from ND sign with Capitol or Marietta? does anyone know

Return to “Softball”