Chillicothe Softball

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Chillicothe Softball

Post by ChillSoftball »

My cousin forwarded this team website to me. It looks like Chilli is starting to build with youth. I sure hope that the new coach can get these girls to represent Chilli much better than the last five years. There is no reason that Chilli can't compete in the SEOAL.

www.sportata.com/chillisoftball

Slim Jim
Varsity

Re: Chillicothe Softball

Post by Slim Jim »

While looking at the schedule on the official website I noticed that they are playing a game at the VA Paints Stadium??(April 14th) Is that true? If so , how are they going to do that since that's a baseball field and all? Who all is on the team? I cant get the roster to come up.Thanks!

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

Check the link in the above reply. The VA game is a cancer awareness game and they just move the bags in and shuttle to mound off to somewhere. The school website is a joke!!

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Might try to make that one..Thats a nice stadium to watch a game.Thanks!

Joeysmom
Waterboy

Post by Joeysmom »

I see that LE plays Chilicothe on Monday. That will be a great game for us to play. Figuring that Chillicothe is as easy to beat as always this will be another glorified scrimmage. I hope Chillicothe is better than last year but I seriously doubt it. I'm not raggin on them but they just don't care (or at least what I saw from them against Unioto last year). Hope that new coach has them pointed in the right direction but I see another Braves spanking coming on.

GO BRAVES (especially at the Schott)

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

I doubt that they can win either but watch out cause it aint the same team as last year.

P.S. I hear to watch out for their shortstop

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

cutekid, what you heard was correct

chilli's shortstop is only a freshman i believe and there has been much talk about the amount of talent she possesses, as a freshman!

with that kind of talk, the future looks bright for the young cavaliers

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Cutekid wrote:My cousin forwarded this team website to me. It looks like Chilli is starting to build with youth. I sure hope that the new coach can get these girls to represent Chilli much better than the last five years. There is no reason that Chilli can't compete in the SEOAL.

http://www.sportata.com/chillisoftball

Was the start time for the game at the VA stadium an error or has it been changed? I originally saw it as being 7pm now I see it at 4pm.Which is it 4 or 7? Thanks!

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

It has been changed to 4pm to accommodate the baseball game which will follow!!

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Cutekid wrote:It has been changed to 4pm to accommodate the baseball game which will follow!!

Who plays in the baseball game?

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

I see now, it's Chiilicothe's baseball game to follow the softball game.Hopefully we will still make it up.

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

GAHS, I def. agree with your assessment of Coach Phillips. He is very hands-on with his players and has them starting to believe that they can beat anyone on any given day. Today I watched my niece play Waverly 5-0 and Unioto 5-4. Against two quality opponents like that in years past, Chillicothe would have rolled over and given up. Keep up the good work Coach and "We'll Be Back"

P.S. Heard some Unioto parents complaining about some of coach's comments during the game that "no one gives us a chance." Get over it please, he meant nothing by it and if you knew the shape of that program in the past four years you would have stood up and cheered just because they won't quit trying. Coach pastors a church and would absoltuely be horrified if he thought that he was being disrespectful to any other program, especially a Ross co. school.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Was it a DH vs.Waverly today or did you say they played Waverly and Unioto?

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

They played both teams in back to back games

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Cutekid wrote:They played both teams in back to back games

Good Luck Tuesday vs. Westfall! I hope to get up to see both games.

BLUE84n82
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUE84n82 »

I too wanted to compliment the Chilly coach. Both of my girls play for GAHS, a SR and JR. I have seen Chilly at least 6 or so times over the last couple of years. Normally not much enthusiasm or sense of urgency. I was very impressed with the new coaches attitude and desire to teach as he coaches. One thing I will predict right now... Chilly will get better and better as the season goes along. I would not take them lightly. After Fridays game I spoke with the coach hoping to encourage him and let him know I believe he has the team heading in the right direction. I hope parents , players, fans, and the administration gives him a chance. Softball is just a game, a GREAT game indeed, however its not life. Having someone in these players life teaching them the game and life lessons along the way is a blessing in disguise. Good luck Lady Cavs, and see you along the season.

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

Let me say that the GHS crew is THE most respectful and sportsmanlike school that I've seen. Even though Chilli lost, Amy Noe came up to our coach and told him to keep coaching and that the Chilli program was coming along nicely. She, and the rest of the parents and players and coaches are a class act and should be commended. I spoke with Coach and he said that he will call Gallia's A.D. on Tues. and compliment him on the professionalism of their entire softball program.

CHS Fan
Waterboy

Post by CHS Fan »

Hang in there Lady Cavs things are bound to improve! Nice pictures in the Gazette today! Seniors keep up the good work and the underclassman will respect you and follow your lead!

Return to “Softball”