Jackson Ironladies getting a high school field?

Jacksonite
Waterboy

Jackson Ironladies getting a high school field?

Post by Jacksonite »

I heard the Ironladies will have their own field located at the high school. Can anyone confirm this and tell me where the location will be? I hope they get the field done for next season and it look nice for the girls. If so, this has been a long time coming. I had a daughter graduate about 6 years ago, I know she will be happy to know they are getting a field they can call "HOME". If this is true, then congrats the to Ironladies and the Jackson community.

outlawfan80
Waterboy

Re: Jackson Ironladies getting a high school field?

Post by outlawfan80 »

Yes it is true the Ironladies are getting their own field. It is located across the drive from the football stadium. The board is providing some funding and the Diamond club ( boosters group) is raising the rest. The plan is to have it completed to play on next spring. There are currently fund raisers in progress to help fund the field. some of these include Jackson Wellston football pregame cookout at the middle school parking lot starting about 3:00 on August 29th. Raffle tickets are being sold for a 42"plasma TV, Nintendo WII, Miguel Christian $100 gift card and a $50 Filling Station gift card. Also you can purchase an advertising sign that will hang on the field fence and a game day sponsor where for $50 you can be the game sponsor and throw out the first pitch get free admission to the game and free food. Another fund raiser is alumni softball players can purchase a 12" softball sign that will have their name number and year they played ball for the Ironladied these will cost $50 and will be hung on the fence with a banner saying Ironladies of the past supporting the Ironladies of the future. More info contact coach Don Kunze at 740-988-6103

MTX
Freshman Team

Post by MTX »

Hi everyone good luck to the kids and for all the dumb people peace.

pipetteman
Waterboy

Post by pipetteman »

I finally made it up to a football game last Friday and had a darkened glimpse of the new softball field. Its going to be sweet. Kudos to coach Kunz and all the boosters for their fundraising and volunteer efforts. Good luck this spring and break it in right.

Return to “Softball”