MOV Flamin' Fury 18u

mwitteki8888
Waterboy

MOV Flamin' Fury 18u

Post by mwitteki8888 »

MOV Flamin' Fury 18U out of Parkersburg WV and surrounding area is looking for a few players for the 2010 season, mainly a number 1 pitcher. If interested please call Mary Wittekind 740-525-9926 cell ph or send me a IM.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: MOV Flamin' Fury 18u

Post by ManitouDan »

mwitteki8888 wrote:MOV Flamin' Fury 18U out of Parkersburg WV and surrounding area is looking for a few players for the 2010 season, mainly a number 1 pitcher. If interested please call Mary Wittekind 740-525-9926 cell ph or send me a IM.

Hey mary --you are going to be in cinci this weekend with the16u Fury ? my kid's team is playing . Would like to say Hi if you are going to be there . We are without our #1 and 2 pitcher on sat am, should be interesting. Stupid VOLLEYBALL ! MD

mwitteki8888
Waterboy

Post by mwitteki8888 »

What team would that be. Will we be playing you. We have a wide range of girls we put together to play in some tournaments. Hope to see you.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

sorry forgot to say --we are with doom 95 , we actually play each other in the 9am game on sat, but I won't be there --playing in a tennis charity event here in town , won't be in cincy til around 4-6pm --I'll be there on sunday if our teams are playing at the same complex.

Mason is supposed to have an awesome complex. we have one game there then 2 games at the other location.

Best of luck, the Flamin Fury is an EXCELLENT organization. MD

PS my kid will be in CF or RF -- #22 . We will have a mixture of kids also , at least 2 , or 3 , guest players. Volleyball plays havoc on fall softball. Dan

mwitteki8888
Waterboy

Post by mwitteki8888 »

MD. Were you the guy I was talking to in the parking lot about not taking the berth at 16U?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Mary --no that was not me --I was planning on looking you up before the rains hit --Did you guys stay and finish the tourney ? I'd guess you won it easily --the competition wasn't the greatest. (I did'nt see the Lady Charmers) but both Storm teams were mediocre and the Bustos Ultimate team played terrible against us.

I guess our game was a good one . Was it 4-2 , 4-3 or 3-2 ? We were supposed to have our # 1 pitcher back for the noon game but she rolled her ankle in v-ball that am and did'nt play all weekend . The guest pitcher we threw at you guys for a couple innings , tall blonde, will be with Chris Blair's 16u Stingray team next year. She was just filling in with us since we knew we were short pitching .

Wish the rains would have held off. Best of luck to you guys. MD

mwitteki8888
Waterboy

Post by mwitteki8888 »

The Lady Charmers had a good team. We knew we had to play ball. Our score against your team was 4 to 3. Maybe we will see you again in another tournament. Not for sure weather we are going to the laser tournament or a closer one in Columbus for Oct 3 & 4.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

hope to see you in Goshen at the laser tourney - should be a higher # of quality teams. The 2 teams from Ind should be good. There are 2 Ky teams (don't know anything about them ) . Ohio Wave is very solid if they get in . And the older Doom 93 team is good. Plus we should be back towards full strength. plus the Charmers --so hope to see you guys ---it assures us a better chance of playing a quality opponent. Dan

I have not looked at the Columbus tourney --Is that the classic's tourney --they draw good teams also.

highandtight
Freshman Team

Post by highandtight »

Mary, any info on where we are going next weekend yet?

mwitteki8888
Waterboy

Post by mwitteki8888 »

Columbus or Goshen Oh

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

Will MOV Flamin Fury be able to field two 18U teams? will loyal girls to the program be left out next season? can 16U program survive if some of their talent move up? Those who founded are left dumbfounded.......

Fury27
Riding the Bench

Post by Fury27 »

I truly don't think the intention is to leave anyone out.....the intention is to field a competitive team with the girls who are dedicated and serious about ball, and make those girls better. I realize that the definition of dedicated may mean different things to different people......by dedicated I am not just talking about showing up for every practice and every game for the last few years......YES, that is dedication and loyalty...but what about playing ball at the next level...what if your daughter wants to play ball at the next level and she is at that age where she may be on a team with teammates who don't want to play at the next level....Then what? You can't tell me that if you have 4 or 5 girls on a team who want to go D1, D2, or D3, and the other 4 or 5 set their goal at just having a starting varsity position, that your team will have the same competiveness as 9 girls who want to move on to the next level after high school......I don't know why anyone would be "dumbfounded" of the possibility of a Fury Elite Team...it's been talked about for the last couple of years. I would think that you or anyone else that was involved with Fury organization would be proud of what the organization has accomplished over the last six years and not try to turn this into a slam on any one girl or group of girls. We just got back from Zanesville H.S. from a hitting camp today, all the coaches and several parents asked where T played ball.....as soon as they heard MOV Flamin Fury they Alll said what a classy organization. Let's keep it that way!!!!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

growing pains are tough. Fury has always produced very very solid teams and I wish them the best. this transition or whatever you wish to call it is tough to handle. No one wants left behind but no one should hold any grudge or ill will against any girl who sets her goals high and maybe even wants a big time scholarship . MD

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

D1 is every serious softball players dream/goal, nothing wrong with that. I believe that this thread was started with "MOV Flamin Fury 18U" looking for a few players for fill next years roster." nothing about a fury elite team... that idea has been discussed among coaches, parents, and players....is the time for that "elite" team now? ur words, " Alll coaches and parents u talked with in zanesville said flamin fury a classy organization....key word organization, which if all coaches, players, parents within that organization agree that time is now for elite team than now is the time. Not sure all coaches, players, and parents of the FURY ORGANIZATION are aware of this new era....MD sure there are growing pains, and our organization just went through some with players changes, team disolved, and some coaching changes. But with this elite team, which i m not against if when the time is right and the timing is right and the organization which fostered the time, knowledge, resources of all players & parents meet as an "organization" to formally announce that it is over....and only the nine girls with goals of D1,D2, or D3 will carry on for the MOV Flamin Fury Organization....So those with smaller dreams/goals can have a opportunity to find another classy organization with not as much growing pains going on. I truely believe that an elite team is our next step but not sure that it is right now. But we will keep an open mind and see what happens....Fury27 u make some great points and MD i agree not all will be happy with the growin pains, just feel that this went from a fall ball team, to an Fury 18U team looking for a few players and a # 1 pitcher, to an elite team to fast.....ur thoughts?

Fury27
Riding the Bench

Post by Fury27 »

When is a good time to pull a more competitive team? after high school? the girls that we are talking about are all juniors and seniors, so I would think that now, while they are in the last 1-2 years of high school would be the most appropriate years, not after.

Second, who said the organization was going to dissolve? There is always talent coming up, you just need to start now to find it. Not in April or May before the summer season starts. The younger age groups are what keeps the organization going, not the older ones. The older ones move on to hopefully bigger and better teams. So you keep your 10U and 12U teams stacked, then the organization stays as an orgnaization. If I am not mistaken, I saw an add in the paper for 10U -16U players the last 2 Sundays.....so someone has the right idea about how to keep an organization going.

I'm not sure why the posts about all this either? I am positive that your daughter was approached and asked to be a part of the 18u team.....so I can't understand why the posts about leaving girls out....and the organization dissolving. Maybe I am missing your point, sounds like you're holding a grudge and I don't know why. Crystl Bustos gave a big speech at Zanesville H.S. about being competitive in today's age.....She said there was a program called "The Wussification of America..." We play to be fair and equal to everyone from preschool on up from gym classess in school to competitive sports apparently now. Parents are just trying to do what is best for their own daughter.

I think this is being blown out of proportion, we are all family and care about each other and we should all be happy for each of the girls on all the teams, and support them no matter what their goals are and high they have set them. Softball is a competitive, expensive sport, and the girls need all the support they can get.

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Fury27 no one is against any young lady with a dream for the next level, is now the right time, from u it sounds like it is, but a parents perspective is not always the perspective shared by all, and yes my daughter was and is still being asked to play with this "Elite Team" and as a parent I will encourage her to consider it, but the Fury organization was founded with a goal to get every young player to the next level, but also we strive to give every young lady an opportunity, if interested, a chance to be part of the Fury family, a tryout process. Like yourself, as a parent, I want my daughter to play with like minded players with the desire to be the best and goals/dreams of the next level D3, D2, and ultimately D1, but are we ready to put young ladies 15, 16 yrs old up against 19, 20 yr olds with a college season or two under their ball caps, I am sure the parents are but are the young ladies. . .I know as a parent I would put my daughter against anyone in the country. . . but as a coach I don't think she is just quite mature enough mentally/physically to play against a 19/20 year old D1 scholarship athlete player, not just yet. . . Fury27 we are a family and I am not against ur drive to want the best surroundings for our young athletes and I am not against the idea of an Elite Team.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

glad you guys are discussing this like adults . The net is certainly not the place to hash out things that are best held privately. It will blow up and out of control even with the best of intentions. I've screwed up enough to know --voice of experience on that one.

Only other comment I can throw out there is about playing up. This fall our team has exclusively played up. We took some public ridicule last week from an 18u coach about our 14's playing up 2 age divisions. Yesterday we stuck it where the sun currently is not shining with a 3-2 win over his bunch. IF you have solid pitching (and I know you do ) with solid D playing up with your level of talent is no big deal.

Zero-- don't worry about the age difference thing. nearly all 19 year old girls are in college and done with travel ball. what you will most likely see is your 15's -16 playing against 17-18's year olds. At that point there is very little physical maturity differences in the girls. So don't let that scare you any. Not like playing up at younger age levels

May the Fury keep on keepin' on. MD

highandtight
Freshman Team

Post by highandtight »

Mary, I assume you have found a couple of players for the weekend. Where have we decided to go. Hopefully we can make it four for four this weekend. See you guys Saturday. Drive safe.

domas
Riding the Bench

Post by domas »

I am really confused after reading all of these posts.

We was asked to come and play on a fall team with the discusion of the team going on next year @ 18u.

If there is no team, or no elite team, whatever its being called than someone neeeds to let everyone know.

We as a family, had discussed leaving the team that we are with now to get back to some OHIO tournaments. The fall team seems to be pretty well put together just missing a few key positions, from what I had been told those positions would be back for summer ball just out for fall for differant reasons.

So now my mind has a million questions, plus being fall you do realize that girls are in other things with cheer, volleyball, soccer and etc. Are the players not coming back from the summer 08 season? Has the coach for that team even been named?

hmmmmmm seems to me like there is quite a few questions that need to be answered. We sure don't want to be drawn into a squabble.

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

domas, no squabble, just everyone not up to date, on the same page, if u will, 18U Fury, Fury Elite, whatever the final name will be i m sure that it will be a very good team with great athletes and if ur lucky enough to be associated with it good for ur daughter, Flamin Fury as in the past will make every effort to put young ladies on the field to compete at the highest level possible....and yes some of the ladies are involved with other fall activities and can't be there this fall, but fury coaches are confident that those key positions u talk of will be in place. . .best of luck if ur with the fury for the rest of fall ball season and c ya on the diamond next summer. . . . difference of opinions cleared up and all concerned on the same page . . .

Return to “Softball”