indoor action this winter ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

indoor action this winter ?

Post by ManitouDan »

my kid is available for someone if they need a player . Rio Grande , huntington ? HS level would be great . maybe a hitting or line drive league ?

third base
Waterboy

Re: indoor action this winter ?

Post by third base »

how old is she

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

14u eligible in 2010 , competed against 16's and 18's in 09' . so HS level is fine. thanks MD

third base
Waterboy

Post by third base »

who dos she play travel ball for

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

cincy doom 95 ---you know of any indoor action ?

highandtight
Freshman Team

Post by highandtight »

Dan, Riogrande has an indoor league.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

can I sign her up as an individual to be assigned a team ? or do we need to be part of our own team? they play 9 vs 9 ? live pitching ? good competition ? MD

BLUE84n82
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUE84n82 »

Rio indoor very disapointing. If i remember right it may be 9 vs 9 or 7 vs 7. Not much coaching or help. Just a quick fundraiser for college team. My daughter played with her hs team, however some girls came alone and were assigned teams. Batters have 1 and 1 count at the plate. Did it one year and never again.

domas
Riding the Bench

Post by domas »

we do Rio every year...I agree there isn't much there..BUT, it is a chance to see live pitching and touch a ball every Sunday within a cpl hrs of home....

It is 7v's7, with 1-1 count...

coachperWHS
Riding the Bench

Post by coachperWHS »

ManitouDan, I will share with you what I share with my team parents.

The Rio league will allow your daughter to get several at-bats against live pitching prior to the season's beginning. I have noticed that the student-athletes that go there do get a little jump in the spring from a hitting standpoint.

If your daughter pitches, she will get to face live situations against hitters...

I think both of these situations are helpful....there is not much going on in the way of instruction, but that is probably not the intent of the winter program (and that is why some people go away unhappy).

You just have to decide whether the cost is balanced with the number of live at-bats for your situation.

Good luck, ManitouDan

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

thanks for the info coach. what is the cost and the amount of games played ? they go on sundays ? thanks again do you normally get quailty pitching to hit --don't want to invest the time to not get strikes to hit. MD

fast1
Riding the Bench

Post by fast1 »

It was $75 a couple of years ago. They go on Sundays for about a month.Not very many "games". . It is something to do in the winter, but that's all.

Return to “Softball”