Jr. high softball? (no travel teams)

old-timer
Freshman Team

Jr. high softball? (no travel teams)

Post by old-timer »

Are there any leagues in SE ohio that are set up for jr high teams from about middle of April to end of May that don't allow travel teams? Would like to enter if one is available. O would there be interest in starting one that plays only on weekend DHers, about 12 games?

Peanut
JV Team

Re: Jr. high softball? (no travel teams)

Post by Peanut »

I know Rock Hill is having a middle school softball team. Where are you from?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Notre Dame has organized a league exactly like you described for Jr high teams the past 2 years --where are you located ?

you can keep an eye on here for info about coaches meetings in couple months. last year the league had 12 or so teams. good league. MD

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

I am from Jackson and we would like to join an 8th grade and under team and a 7th grade and under team. Could you send us more information or tell us who we need to contact? Thanks.

Jif
Riding the Bench

Post by Jif »

There is a league that is based in Wellston (league tournament usually held there). Have many more teams very well ran. I believe Sturgill is the gentleman's last name. Go to the city of wellston website. go to Parks and recreation and you should be able to find his number there.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

old timer --the coaches meeting for all interested coaches has been posted on here a few weeks prior to when the meeting will be held , I'd guess sometime in march. In the past Darrel Keller , head coach at ND in portsmouth has directed the league . Honestly it a loose knit operation. Darrell gets everyone together a couple times before the season starts and we go over rules/schedules etc but then the spring rains wipe out the schedule and the coaches kinda have to reschedule on their own.

But it works well, lots of flexability, we are NOT school affiliated so no worries about travel ball and eligibility issues. 6th graders can play up also if they can hang. Lots of good players in scioto co. Last year we had the following : Valley (2 teams) So Webster , ironton, Notre Dame , West , Clay , Ports East , Burg, Minford, Oak Hill. and I maybe forgetting a team or two. hope that helps MD

mwitteki8888
Waterboy

Post by mwitteki8888 »

Does anyone know who to contact for the league in athens. We are from Parkersburg Wv trying to find a league that is not school affiliated, and it sounds like athens would be the closest.

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Northwest is already working on fielding a team again this year.

Return to “Softball”