SOC I 2010: Predictions and thoughts

SOC I Champs?

Total votes: 0

Nine20four
Freshman Team

Re: SOC I 2010: Predictions and thoughts

Post by Nine20four »

Clay thumped Western pretty bad yesterday evening. Don't know the final but Clay was up 13-2 middle of the fifth and had already substituted for several starters. Mader pitched well, the two runs I saw her give up were unearned. Has a wicked change up that she consistently got over the plate, but was a bit wild with her location on her fast stuff. She's not a big girl though and isn't overpowering like Groves was. Good hitting teams might give her some trouble. Offensively, Clay can hit all the way down through the lineup. Western's pitcher did pretty well with her control--didn't walk a lot of batters, but Clay hit her pretty well. The Panther defense was pretty good but still had a couple errors. Nice start to the season for the Lady Panthers.

Edit: (Thought they had scored two runs)

From the PDT:

Clay 13, Western 1

Sophomore pitcher Lyndsey Mader allowed just two hits in five innings of work when Clay mercy-ruled Western during Wednesday's season opener in Rubyville.

The Lady Panthers racked up nine hits led by Tori Osborne's 2-for-2 night of five RBIs. Freshman Mariah Tackett added a pair of hits and two RBIs while Holly Hempill and Marissa Messer both went 2-for-3.

Clay travels to Minford tonight for a 5 p.m. start.

Western 000 10 — 0 2 -

Clay 533 2x — 13 9 -

WP: Lyndsey Mader LP: Scott

Hitting Leaders

Clay —Marissa Messer 2-3 2SB, Mariah Tackett 2-3 2B 2RBI, Tori Osborn 2-2 2B 5RBI, Holly Hempill 2-3 2B, Keely Craft 1-3 3B

Western — Hall 2-2 2B

Records — Clay 1-0; Western 0-1

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

East 2-1

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

SV was good enough to beat ashland ky that should make them the frontrunner for the conference IMO. MD

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

Symmes Valley also just beat Huntington's SpringValley this morning 13-7. They also beat Chesapeake a couple of weeks ago in a scrimmage 3-0. SOC1 should be very close this year. They travel to Eastern on Monday evening.

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

Post by VIKING GRAD »

Symmes Valley over ND Tuesday evening 9-2. Good effort by the Vikings over a very stubborn ND team. It looks like the bottom of the SV lineup is doing all the hitting. Maybe Coach Odie needs to adjust the lineup to bring up the hitters a little more often. Foster may be the smallest on the team but she is proving herself at the plate. Keathly also showing her long hidden hitting talent. The power hitter Ross is getting under the ball and popping up alot lately. Morris is starting to connect as is Wall.

Keep it up Ladies. Good luck against Green tonight and Thursday.

Go Lady Vikes

headhunter1
Freshman Team

Post by headhunter1 »

good competition

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

I agree that Clay will be hard pressed to fill Groves shoes this year, but lets not forget. Groves suffered four losses last year. Two with Green and two with Symmes Valley in the regular season. They did beat SV in the tournament. Hard to beat a good team three time in a row.
Where is Groves playing at this year? I heard Shawnee then I heard Marrieta. Anyone know for sure?

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

Post by VIKING GRAD »

Heard she was playing at Shawnee with the Thompson girl from Green.

headhunter1
Freshman Team

Post by headhunter1 »

not playing, and we will leave at that.

lovin soc softball
Waterboy

Post by lovin soc softball »

Cami was supposed to be playing for Shawnee but ran into some trouble and lost her spot on the team

headhunter1
Freshman Team

Post by headhunter1 »

got to study and go to practice

Return to “Softball”