All State

Re: SOC 1 Standings

Post by THE GOVENOR »

Good Job Girls !!!!!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

my 6-2 prediction was 1/2 right . congrats to SV . Title will be in ND's hands next year . and next year , and next year. and maybe a couple more years after that. MD

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

ManitouDan wrote:my 6-2 prediction was 1/2 right . congrats to SV . Title will be in ND's hands next year . and next year , and next year. and maybe a couple more years after that. MD

Doesn't Clay have an outstanding pitcher transfer from West who didn't play this year?

headhunter1
Freshman Team

Post by headhunter1 »

WOW,
Last edited by headhunter1 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

Congrats to the lady Vikings. You beat a very good Clay team. We are proud of you!

You Seniors, enjoy it now. The ride is almost over. It has been a real pleasure to watch you young ladies come up through T-Ball, Minor League, LLSB, JLSB and now high School. Two years at the U.S. Regionals in South Bend where you beat Iowa, Michigan, Kentucky, Illinois. Lots of great memories.

Love you ladies, Thanks for the memories. Have a great tournament! (Erica -------- :aaaaa26 ) Love ya girl. Dad.

Go Lady Vikes.

bootleg
Waterboy

Post by bootleg »

Wow! Why is ND so sour grapes at Clay? When Symess Valley spanked them twice?

tri_state
Waterboy

Post by tri_state »

headhunner1 is not from ND, his kid went to oak hill or webster

bootleg
Waterboy

Post by bootleg »

Both teams N.D. and Clay should be tough.
Last edited by bootleg on Wed May 12, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

renegade
Waterboy

Post by renegade »

Congrats to Symmes Valley . Their girls are tough . Great game . well fought by both teams. know it means alot to the 6 seniors at Symmes Valley . very exciting game for the soc championship. have to give props to Clay's pitcher 10K's her change up was awesome

bootleg
Waterboy

Post by bootleg »

I'm positive it takes a whole team to win an SOC championship. Sounds like MD thinks the addition of NDs up and coming added to what they still have will secure 1st place for the next ? how many years? Headhunter thinks they will be STACKED STACKED STACKED next year. they did get third this year, right? All Doc Panther did was asked if Clay would have another player next year that couldn't play this year. you are going after someone for the very thing that you are guilty of.

IMO, Clay and ND will be in an SOC battle for the next few years. ND 's pitcher is really good and so is Clay's. Both teams have lineups that can hit. Both teams will be adding good players next year. Why all the hate? The girls are all friendly to each other, don't make it into a hateful rivalry

batman715
Waterboy

Post by batman715 »

check out the ironton tribune online, there's a good write up about the SV and Clay game last night. The SV coach also had some nice comments about Clay's pitcher.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

headhunter is not from ND , as far my own comments I never mentioned Clay. I only mentioned how strong our own team will be next year. And in the Jr high there are several girls that are getting the type of travel ball experience at a high level that will produce lots and lots of W's for the HS program. I'm just pumped about the future. Clay will be really good too, they have some travel baller's there as well. MD

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

MD are you also referring about the ports. junior high transfers that are going to ND?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

i know ND picked up a solid player who enrolled at ND already. I see no need to spectulate , when they enroll thats when we will know to count on someone , until then it's just talk. MD

eddiefranklin
Waterboy

Post by eddiefranklin »

this is to anybody that wishs to respond. what do you thank makes a all around good pitcher? besides/ speed/spots/

bootleg
Waterboy

Post by bootleg »

I think a good pitcher keeps the hitters off balance. Changing speeds is important as well as throwing different pitches. Hitting locations is also vital. That inside pitch is so important. Rise, screw, drop curve, and change up are the hardest to hit. Speed isn't necessarily the most important but it certainly does help. Speed can mess with the batter's mental game the most from what I've seen because it can be intimidating. However, I think it is the pitchers who are able to execute the different pitches effectively and hit their spots who have the most success. They sneak in on the batters. Also, the pitcher needs to have nerves of steel and a good attitude. They can't easily get upset or listen to the crowd. That has to be blocked out. I don't want to leave anyone out, but area pitchers who utilize this pitching method are Miranda Pauley, ND Lyndsey Mader, CLAY Jordan Jenkins CLAY Braiden Dillow, VALLEY Brooke Jordan, NORTHWEST Autumn Griffith MINFORD These are just some of the girls I've seen. I'm sure there are more. Also, it is important to know when to throw each pitch, which for the most part coaches usually call the pitches. i know doing strengthening and endurance exercises are a must, especially leg ones.

Nine20four
Freshman Team

Post by Nine20four »

ND is no more stacked than East, let alone Clay. Clay is losing ONE senior, Tori Osborne, and is adding a pitcher that is supposedly much better than Mader. They can hit, all the way to the 9 batter. Let's wait a bit before we anoint ND as some sort of softball dynasty in the making. :roll:

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

Nine20four wrote:ND is no more stacked than East, let alone Clay. Clay is losing ONE senior, Tori Osborne, and is adding a pitcher that is supposedly much better than Mader. They can hit, all the way to the 9 batter. Let's wait a bit before we anoint ND as some sort of softball dynasty in the making. :roll:

Mader and Jenkins are different style of pitcher's, but to say that one it much better than the other is way wrong.

Jenkins more of a power pitcher but has a great drop and curve,
Mader has the best change up in southern ohio, also rise and screw.

I've have coached both, they are equally effective. Jenkins is not better than Mader, and Mader is not better than Jenkins.

Clay will be very strong.

renegade
Waterboy

Post by renegade »

Underdog2006 wrote:
Nine20four wrote:ND is no more stacked than East, let alone Clay. Clay is losing ONE senior, Tori Osborne, and is adding a pitcher that is supposedly much better than Mader. They can hit, all the way to the 9 batter. Let's wait a bit before we anoint ND as some sort of softball dynasty in the making. :roll:

Mader and Jenkins are different style of pitcher's, but to say that one it much better than the other is way wrong.

Jenkins more of a power pitcher but has a great drop and curve,
Mader has the best change up in southern ohio, also rise and screw.

I've have coached both, they are equally effective. Jenkins is not better than Mader, and Mader is not better than Jenkins.

Clay will be very strong.

I agree Underdog, what people don't understand is that the player's do read these post's. I'm sure Mader loves to hear this. I've have seen Lyndsey Mader in person and I can say for a fact that she is one of the best pitcher's in Scioto County. I agree she is not a power pither but Mader keeps you off balance. Also the coach that is calling her pitches is doing a great job, another factor that people forget. This takes a total team effort and Clay is a total team, next year with Jenkins they just get better.

We shouldn't even be talking about next season, Clay needs to have total confidence in Mader's pitching ability for the tournament.

Good Luck to all Soc teams !!!!!
Last edited by renegade on Sat May 15, 2010 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Softball”