SEOPS HO

Re: Jackson Upsets Gallia Academy

Post by biggdowgg »

N/M...seen it on the other thread

fast1
Riding the Bench

Post by fast1 »

Since the "Angels" got beat, we won't get a play by play statistical laden post.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

gahs4ever-- very hard on scoring of some of your kids? For example, 1st inning--Jenkins laced a ball to centerfield. the CF ran toward the fence and leaped to try to make the catch. Hard she made that catch, ESPN play of the day, but no, goes off the finger tip of glove(MAYBE) and kept rolling,Jenkins ends up on 3rd base. OUR book scored that a triple, nothing routine about trying to catch that ball, also cooper reaching on error, she hit deep hole to SS, backhand & threw to 1st, happy to see from my seat, with Cooper's speed, nothing good could have happened. Cooper crossed 1st before the ball got to the 1st baseman. she didn't even know a thown ball, She returned to 1st & the umpire had to tell her to go to 2nd because the ball was thrown and got by 1st baseman into dead ball territory. Our book had single with throwing error to advance to 2nd. Hard to tell but just wanted people to know, CLOSE and COULD be called either way.

Very good game to watch(PROBABLY), to close to action to enjoy(know what I mean?) Lot of key def. plays by both teams. Many balls hit very hard by both teams. I was very proud of the Ironladies effort for the entire game, when you are young & inexperienced as our Ironladies, to keep plugging away and come from behind twice as they did really shows some growing in confidence & maturity. Could have been easy to lay down after lost lead when tied up 2-2 in top of 6th. When you respect your opponent and want to experience success they have had, but our girls stayed hungry & believed in each other one at bat at a time.

Thanks for the play by play GAHS4EVER, always look forward to your entries.

GO IRONLADIES -- Keep believing & buying into Ironlady softball!!!

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

GAHS4EVER --- you do a GREAT job having the stats all prepared. I sure the coach & players are very grateful. Your time volunteered is special, congrats for what you do for the young people @ GAHS. Like I said earlier, I always look forward to reading your story lines.

Old-Timer

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

Congrats to Jackson on a big win and congrats to Gallia on a great streak of wins versus the SEOAL SOUTH. I don't think those seniors for Gallia had lost an SEOAL SOUTH game in their careers. And gahs4ever you do a great job with your write ups on Gallia sports. I really enjoy reading and appreciate your love for your community and the kids of Gallia Academy. Keep up the great work.

Return to “Softball”