clay VS ND tonight in rubyville .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

clay VS ND tonight in rubyville .

Post by ManitouDan »

I guess the game is on ? a lot of flooding to worry about. any one know for sure please post some info. Clay still goes to SV with the SOC title still up for graps, for all 3 teams. MD

halftime
JV Team

Re: clay VS ND tonight in rubyville .

Post by halftime »

Should be a good one!

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

the game is still on for tonight

Nine20four
Freshman Team

Post by Nine20four »

Clay won 4-3, walk off home run in the bottom of the seventh. See my post in the SOCI standings thread.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Here is nine20four wrap up of a very very good HS game. now it can be viewed on 1 thread

Portsmouth Clay justified their number one tournament seed and defeated Portsmouth Notre Dame 4-3 this evening, but it sure wasn't easy.

ND took the lead in the top half of the 6th 1-0. In the bottom half of the inning Clay scored twice taking a 2-1 lead. In the top of the seventh the Titans tried to put a dagger in the Panthers hearts, plating two runs to retake the lead, 3-2.

Down to their last at-bat in the bottom half of the seventh, after a walk and fielders choice put the tying run at second with one out, Clay wins it with a two-run WALK OFF home run to left field by freshman shortstop Marissa Messer. It was a hard fought and well-earned victory by the Lady Panthers.

Hats off to ND for a fine season and two well-played games against Clay.

Clay (19-5, 12-1 SOC) is off until Monday when they play SOCII McDermott Northwest at home (Rubyville) then it's on the road to Willow Wood for all the SOC marbles on Tuesday.

BRING ON SYMMES VALLEY !!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

it was a very thrilling game, back and forth like crazy the final 2 innings , hats off to Messer for the huge hit.

could'nt be prouder of the Titan girls. was down to last out but S Marting and H Shupert came up with huge hits in the 7th to put ND ahead but Clay got the big hit to win it.

BOTH pitchers had to suffer thru a less than average home plate blue. the strike zone was pretty small for both . And Blue should learn correctly how to handle an appeal, two appeal plays were made (maybe 3) in the end the correct call was made but the appeal process was not followed in both the appeal at 3rd of a Clay -fly ball tag up , and the appeal of a ND runner coming home. The home ump actually tried to give ND's pitcher instructions on how to appeal --news flash --it's not your job , as I said both calls were correct but the appeal process should be followed.

MD

Nine20four
Freshman Team

Post by Nine20four »

ManitouDan wrote:it was a very thrilling game, back and forth like crazy the final 2 innings , hats off to Messer for the huge hit.

could'nt be prouder of the Titan girls. was down to last out but S Marting and H Shupert came up with huge hits in the 7th to put ND ahead but Clay got the big hit to win it.

BOTH pitchers had to suffer thru a less than average home plate blue. the strike zone was pretty small for both . And Blue should learn correctly how to handle an appeal, two appeal plays were made (maybe 3) in the end the correct call was made but the appeal process was not followed in both the appeal at 3rd of a Clay -fly ball tag up , and the appeal of a ND runner coming home. The home ump actually tried to give ND's pitcher instructions on how to appeal --news flash --it's not your job , as I said both calls were correct but the appeal process should be followed.

MD

(You're absolutely correct that the umpiring wasn't up to par, especially behind the plate.)

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Wow.....walkoff homer by Clay's Marissa Messer....and that brings a tear to my eye.....I was in Portsmouth last week as a pallbearer at her grandfather's funeral.....my nephew.....she called him her "Grandy" and many of you knew or knew of Mike Powell from Clay......pitched at OU and was on the same legion team as Oliver and Tenace and Hisle. Al Oliver spoke at his funeral last week....Mike was a great guy and great coach who coached many a girls softball pitcher in Scioto County....I think the entire Valley team was at his his funeral.....R.I.P. my brother.

Nine20four
Freshman Team

Post by Nine20four »

Doc Panther wrote:Wow.....walkoff homer by Clay's Marissa Messer....and that brings a tear to my eye.....I was in Portsmouth last week as a pallbearer at her grandfather's funeral.....my nephew.....she called him her "Grandy" and many of you knew or knew of Mike Powell from Clay......pitched at OU and was on the same legion team as Oliver and Tenace and Hisle. Al Oliver spoke at his funeral last week....Mike was a great guy and great coach who coached many a girls softball pitcher in Scioto County....I think the entire Valley team was at his his funeral.....R.I.P. my brother.

Yes, he was a great guy. I was his paperboy a million years ago and know Mindy well. That Marissa is slight of stature but the girl can flat out hit.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Nine20four wrote:
Doc Panther wrote:Wow.....walkoff homer by Clay's Marissa Messer....and that brings a tear to my eye.....I was in Portsmouth last week as a pallbearer at her grandfather's funeral.....my nephew.....she called him her "Grandy" and many of you knew or knew of Mike Powell from Clay......pitched at OU and was on the same legion team as Oliver and Tenace and Hisle. Al Oliver spoke at his funeral last week....Mike was a great guy and great coach who coached many a girls softball pitcher in Scioto County....I think the entire Valley team was at his his funeral.....R.I.P. my brother.

Yes, he was a great guy. I was his paperboy a million years ago and know Mindy well. That Marissa is slight of stature but the girl can flat out hit.

Nice pic on your avatar 9-20-4 ......looks like the 69 team.....I graduated in 66.

Return to “Softball”