All-League/All-District????

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

All-League/All-District????

Post by Ironman92 »

Meetings were today.....when will these secrets be announced?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: All-League/All-District????

Post by Ironman92 »

I see zero reasons to keep it a secret.

Kinda like having the tourney drawings and not announcing them until the regular season is over.

scorekeeper1
Riding the Bench

Post by scorekeeper1 »

I would say maybe in the past there has been some hard feelings among teammates if some one did not make it. Not sure the reason, but it is all politics just the same way the seedings are.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

In answer to the all-SEOAL lists, they usually select a release date and release it on that day.

In answer to the all-district softball selections, I was at the meeting Sunday in Wellston and gave Odie Estep of Symmes Valley my email address to email me the list(s). He said he would, but he also said he WOULD NOT release (email me he meant) the list(s) until the final team in the district was eliminated in the tournament.

We certainly respect embargos, and I have no problem with what Coach Estep told me on Sunday. However, I am holding Coach Estep accountable that he does in fact email the list to the addresses I gave him once the final team in the district is indeed out.

Should the entire list(s) appear in any outlet, or on sites prior to that, then it's a leak and can easily be traced. That will not make media members happy, particularly me, I can promise you.

MOHAWK GP
Waterboy

Post by MOHAWK GP »

By the time The Portsmouth Daily Times prints it, it's History.

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

um well the only real reason to hold it is for the kids still playing because even though there usually arent any big suprises there still are usually hurt feelings.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I would never release the secret first as the first to know of the meeting results should be the kids who were selected.

I'm not sure I go for the hurt feelings.....of course feelings are hurt....that's why we have younger kids getting their 4th place trophies in a league of 5 or 6 teams, however I believe any team that has players who can't handle their teammates getting all-league or all-district and would allow tht to affect their performance....well that team probably didn't do well in the league or are not around for district play. Save the hurt feelings for after the season...I suppose that is a way to avoid dealing with such situation.

Congrats to all the young athletes who were awarded all-league and all-district and especially the all-staters.

JacksonFan89
Waterboy

Post by JacksonFan89 »

It's OUT. WKKJ has announced the members of SEAOL all-league for softball, baseball and tennis

http://www.wkkj.com/cc-common/news/sect ... le=7136584

Return to “Softball”