Southeast District Honors

nutz_4_sports
Waterboy

Southeast District Honors

Post by nutz_4_sports »

Last edited by nutz_4_sports on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tanner
Waterboy

Re: Southeast District Honors

Post by tanner »

So the game was today. I know some player that won honors team one didn't know about the game. Did you have to be a senior to play in it? Their coach didn't tell them anything.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

Congrads to the Ironton Lady Tigers: Janie Morris, Emily Lilly, on 2nd team and Nikki Elswick and Rebecca Potter on Honorable Mention All-District. Also; way to represent
Nikki and Rebecca both of them tried out for the All-Ohio Underclass All-Star team today and made it; Nikki 1st base and Rebecca pitching. Great job ladys! It's a real shame that Ironton didn't have anyone show up to play the All-District game though.
Last edited by sportygrl on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

tiger87
Waterboy

Post by tiger87 »

I talked to both Ironton girls and neither knew about the game. Would have been nice to have been told so they could have participated.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

I know...I asked the Symmes Valley girls that were there where or how they actually found the team roster for all-district and they said that they never did see it that Odie just told them. As seniors, you know the girls would've loved another chance to play one more game as Ironton Lady Tigers and to be able to represent their home school. I missed seeing orange and black represented. The only school local that was there to play was Symmes Valley and Odie had about 5 girls and because they were short players he got to pull one in from the underclass tryouts to play. Yes, I definetly want to congradulate Kayla Ross from Symmes Valley on making the team as well.
Last edited by sportygrl on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

Is not only that sportygrl....alot of girls arent even told about the underclassmen tryouts.
Some are told and asked by their coaches and others just know about it and take their girls on their
own. Its up to the coaches to tell these girls about events like this.
Why is it basketball and Volleyball dont have this problem. They have the awards and the
district games at the end of the season. And the girls go and recieve their awards and then the game is held after the awards.

Where and when do they hand out the conference awards and why isnt it a team event like everything else is?

Congrats to Nikki and Bekkah on making the underclassman team and also to Kay Rose from SV on making the team also.
Way to go girls.....

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

They didn't have enough for the all-district game this year? Last year each team had about 18 players or so. But I agree, the tryouts need to get announced waaaay more than they do!

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

They had to recruit two girls I think
Thats switching out pitchers and catchers every two innings

SBlover
Freshman Team

Post by SBlover »

My daughter was upset she wasn't told about the game. She actually found out about it seeing another players status on facebook she was going to the all district game. She knew she was first team but wasn't told when the game was because she would have been there. :122247

get serious
Riding the Bench

Post by get serious »

There was one player who was left off the Honorable Mention list for Nelsonville York, Alissa Hook-9. Not sure how that happened. She also needs to be recognized for her hard work and dedication to the sport. Just wanted to put that out there.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Cant believe coaches wouldnt inform the kids about these games.Very sad.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point kids were left off the list completely. Coach was in the hospital in ICU and there was a mixup on the draw and assistant went late to the draw meeting......the assistant also went to the Voting meeting for the tteam but was told he couldn't go in. I know 3 or 4 would/should have maade the team. Most were seniors so there is now no second chance. It just sucks for the girls! OH WELL! :evil:

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

ItownHosscat wrote:Cant believe coaches wouldnt inform the kids about these games.Very sad.

Maybe the AD failed to tell the coach? You might want to ask whose fault before pointing fingers. Just saying! lol

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

What is up with a player getting awards and honors in all her sports and then transferring. Good luck Elswick. Wish you all the best in your move to Minford.

Return to “Softball”