Top D4 Girls team in SE Ohio? Who is it?

davewottle
JV Team

Top D4 Girls team in SE Ohio? Who is it?

Post by davewottle »

?

tri_state
Waterboy

Re: Top D4 Girls team in SE Ohio? Who is it?

Post by tri_state »

valley
west
burg
clay
space
space
space
space
then start listing them

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

1st 3 you mentioned are d-3 , correct ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Clay
Leesburg Fairfield

Pine Rider
Riding the Bench

Post by Pine Rider »

'I'm biased toward Clay because I've been a fan since the 70's, however I have to think Notre Dame is right up there. They were really tough last year and even though I haven't seen them play yet, I'm sure they are just as good if not better. Clay lost one senior last year in Tori Osborne who could flat out smack the ball. The lineup hasn't lost a step with Jordan Jenkins hitting in the 4 spot. She's got a lot of natural ability and power. The real issue with D-4 teams and SOC I teams in particular is the inconsistency in pitching. These teams are not facing pitchers day in and day out who throw heat. It usually takes a time or two at the plate to adjust the timing. This really hurt clay last year in regionals because they faced pitching that absolutely smoked.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

We (ND) had the opportunity to face Central Crossing (highly ranked in D-1 ) and Liberty Union (highly ranked in D-3) in a DH last weekend at LU and backed out to accept a DH with Northwest. Would have helped us prepare for the tourney IMO, but other issues drove the decision to back out. I'm in agreement about seeing up that upper level pitching getting you ready for a deep tourney run. What Clay and ND sees from the majority of the SOC 1 doesn't help further our chances in State play . Just one of those times were there is no depth in the circle. So what do you do ? schedule tough Out of conference games , that opinion and 99 cents gets you a cup of coffee ! MD

upi34
Riding the Bench

Post by upi34 »

A tougher schedule is needed to prepare you for a tournament run...Clay's schedule is weak...I haven't seen Notre Dame's yet but I hope with their young talent they schedule some tougher competition to push their development...you make take some knocks but in the long run you'll get better and tougher!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

i agree , our original OOC schedule was Rock hill, Northwest , and Valley. We were able to add Boyd Co and Spring Valley Wv. Losing the double elim tourney 2 weeks ago cost us 4-5 games against state ranked teams in WV . that hurt. Kids need challenged in a bad way, winning easily against out manned opponents only reinforces bad habits , you get away with stuff that the good teams make you pay for. MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

wouldn't surprise me for ND and CLAY to have no more than 4-5 loses between them come tourney time, BUT like you said , it's the better teams you play that get you ready for the tourney.

renegade
Waterboy

Post by renegade »

Clay has Burg, West, Minford, Adena, Waverly, & Peebles on the later part of their regular schedule. some better competition earlier in the season could help also. Hope the rain doesn't knock out these games

upi34
Riding the Bench

Post by upi34 »

Problem is with the rain outs the league games have to be rescheduled and many of the "outside" games get cancelled...last I saw Clay had yet to play a team with a winning record...

Pine Rider
Riding the Bench

Post by Pine Rider »

upi34 wrote:Problem is with the rain outs the league games have to be rescheduled and many of the "outside" games get cancelled...last I saw Clay had yet to play a team with a winning record...
That is a potential problem but you really can't predict who will have a winning record and who won't when you schedule teams. Wish we could have played Valley and Northwest this year instead of Manchester and White Oak.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ND has Valley and NW . We also added Boyd Co Ky and Spring Valley Wv , they are a very large school but I'm not for sure if they are good or not. boyd is pretty good. MD

Pine Rider
Riding the Bench

Post by Pine Rider »

Well, if Clay gets a dose of reality check, I hope it happens early enough in the season that they can regroup and come on strong come tourny time.

bootleg
Waterboy

Post by bootleg »

upi34 wrote:Problem is with the rain outs the league games have to be rescheduled and many of the "outside" games get cancelled...last I saw Clay had yet to play a team with a winning record...
As MD would say ""TROLL ALERT"" . Just out of curiousity , How many teams has ND played with a winning record? You have to get your conference games in and give your best effort to reschedule all the rainouts with the teams with "winning records". Those teams are on Clay's schedule. Review the posts, no one from Clay was bragging. I think they all understand they need to play challenging games and would probably welcome it. That's how you get better.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

bootleg you seem to a burr in the backside for ND, no one was bragging up ND schedule , why are you questioning it ? UPI34 is not even a ND person and I'm pretty sure you know that. whatever , see on the field soon enough-- maybe I don't know who your team is . don't care either. MD

bootleg
Waterboy

Post by bootleg »

ManitouDan wrote:bootleg you seem to a burr in the backside for ND, no one was bragging up ND schedule , why are you questioning it ? UPI34 is not even a ND person and I'm pretty sure you know that. whatever , see on the field soon enough-- maybe I don't know who your team is . don't care either. MD

Not ND's backside, just yours. Just because you say UPI34 is not from ND, doesn't make it so. For someone who "don't care either", your feathers sure seem ruffled.

headhunter1
Freshman Team

Post by headhunter1 »

lot of good teams out there

Return to “Softball”