Post by West Sider »

Cheyanne White or Lexie Kegley Portsmouth West
Phil Ridout

Thats my vote

mglight88
SE

Re: S.O.C. 1 & 2 Player & Coach of the Year

Post by mglight88 »

Coach of the year: Preston Messer (Minford)
Player of the year: Toss up, several Lady Falcons look good
My vote anyway

Go Minford!

lady mohawk
Waterboy

Post by lady mohawk »

SOC 2 Northwest's Brittany Williams Senior 1st baseman going on to Willmington to play
her batting average is over 400 (I think), I lost track of her hr's and all you have to do is watch that kid on the field to see how she performs.
coach of year Messer from Minford, he has brought those kids a long way and will do well in tournaments.
SOC 1 Notre Dame's Pitcher Paulins and coach Keller
Last edited by lady mohawk on Thu May 12, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

I don't know who should get what in the SOC but as in years past in the OVC coach of the year always goes to the winning coach. I think this is crazy, I think it should really be the best coach. Just because you win the league it doesn't always make you the best. some programs have talent year after year and my grandma could coach them. Some coaches take a bottom dweller to great competition ( Minford )..... jmho but I wanted to sound in about this!

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

SOC 1: Miranda Pauley and Coach Keller

upi34
Riding the Bench

Post by upi34 »

Coaches - Preston Messer, Minford & Darrell Keller, ND

Players - Dillow, Valley & Pauley, ND

sportsfan se
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan se »

i'm not from East but if Adam Bailey doesnt get COY, it would be a huge joke !!!! He's done a great job turning that team around. 20+ wins. Great job, Adam

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

East did have a very good year. Good job coach Bailey. MD

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

wemufans wrote:I don't know who should get what in the SOC but as in years past in the OVC coach of the year always goes to the winning coach. I think this is crazy, I think it should really be the best coach. Just because you win the league it doesn't always make you the best. some programs have talent year after year and my grandma could coach them. Some coaches take a bottom dweller to great competition ( Minford )..... jmho but I wanted to sound in about this!
I'm not familiar with the SOC teams as a whole but it's this way in a lot of leagues. The Coach of the year should go to the person that takes lesser talent and improves it to the point that they are beating teams they shouldn't (on paper), that have improved from pushover status to league challenger and sub .500 records from previous seasons have gradually risen to .600 or .750 even. You don't have to go undefeated when this happens. When this is being done, you know you have a "COACH" and not just a overseer of mass talent which will always be in the pipeline at some schools.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

We can call it coach of the year but I really believe most good teams have the coaching staff of the year.
Coaches that work well together in the good times and rough times for the good of the team.

Return to “Softball”