post season awards ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

post season awards ?

Post by ManitouDan »

Is it up to the PDT to annouce this ? season has been over for a week and school is almost over. Is it up to the state officials ?

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Re: post season awards ?

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

It is up to the coaches' association to release the all-district teams to the media.

I believe Odie Estep of Symmes Valley is in charge of that.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

coach's asscociation ? didn't know there was one .

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Oh yes there is

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

We had our sports banquet tonight and awards were given , Congrats to the following :

All SOC 2nd Team : LeeAnn Morgan and Katie Oneil
ALL SOC 1st Team: Katie Kayser, Jen Arnzen
SOC 1 Player of the Year : Miranda Pauley

Al SE Ohio District 2nd Team : Tori Harr , Madi Phillips Miranda Pauley
All SE Ohio District 1st Team and Player of the Year Runner up. 1st team all state . Katie Stevenson

Congrats girls on a record breaking season and hanging that 1st SOC banner in ND's gym. MD

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Could'nt wait for the paper could ya MD. LOL Just teasing. Congrads N.D. and girls on a great season !

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

For as impatient a person as I am I thought I waited forever. my way of digging at them for not posting it earlier this week. School is out , season is over , and everyday the PDT prints some irrelevent BS about stuff no one cares about (see CODY L hockey rant) anyway thanks for the congratuatory response. You guys had a great one as well. MD

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

MD.....I do hope you know I'm not with the PDT.

And, perhaps the PDT — like the rest of the SE District media — has yet to receive the list.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ks78 - never crossed my mind one way or the other. Mayber the paper has not recieved the list -- Maybe they could call and request it from whoever is hoarding it . That couldn't take more than 3 minutes. It's the time of year where local sports coverage pretty much dries up (except for legion ball) so getting something in print while the season is still fresh in peoples mind seems to make sense to me.

Baseball released their post season stuff days ago. I'd guess 90% , if not 100% of the schools have had their awards banquest and told the parents/players who was choosen for what so the "secret" is already out ....... so to whoever is holding the list hostage FREE the SOC lol MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Dispatch released the Central Ohio list yesterday.

bron99
Riding the Bench

Post by bron99 »

MD are saying that your coaches gave awards and reconized the girls who recieved them!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!
Fow whatever reason our coaches decided to give all the girls t-shirts with the awards "hidden" inside them and didnt even acknowledge them...i guess if your t-shirt was heavy you got one and if it wasnt ......well......Really!!!
If your a coach and you believe that the decisions and selections you make are valid why wouldnt you get on the soap box and let the audience know who you selected and why(if you wanted) and at the least hand them the awards and shake their hands and let them know their efforts was rewarded???????!!!!!Not hide them!!!!Mabey some of the selections was based on the warm fuzzy feeling syndrome and not on performance,stats and leadership.....Otherwise i would let you all know who my daughters "coaches"selected and we all could give props to them on here as well.Sorry not the case for her school.
Am i the only one who thinks that having an awards dinner is actually for handing out awards or am i not thinking clearly?? please Set me straight if im out of the norm on this one.

Congrats to all who made confrence,districts and states.

Md tell katie congrats for me and hopefully we will see you all somewhere this summer.

And Dan if it sounds like im a little upset...the answer is yes>>lol...been holding this one back and had to let it go a little bit.
Last edited by bron99 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

bron99
Riding the Bench

Post by bron99 »

gahs4ever wrote:Baseball released yesterday. Softball probably today. The OHSAA likes to do these things in stages; I guess to keep their sports news coming in. I would say All-Ohio is on the way as well. By this time, wveryone has had their spring sports awards, and everyone knows who won what from their own school anyway.
nope...dont know gahs...would have liked to share all the info with ya but our coaches didnt share this classified info with the faithfull this year....i guess we will all find out together..

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

http://www.irontontribune.com/2011/06/0 ... ball-team/

Here's an article in the Ironton Tribune with the All-District Teams

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

The Tribune has no teams in Div II in it's area. and since Ironton is no longer in a league with div. II teams, they probably were trying to save space

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

The d-4 list is a mess. don't wish to call out any individuals but 1 team that finished far far ....... far below 500 and near last in their conference had 4 girls get all district mention. Messer from Clay not making 1st team is just wrong.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

MD, not trying to get too far off base or anything but you can have terrible teams that have 1 or 2 great player's on them that deserve recognition. A lot of times over the year's there have been very good player's left OFF lists because of how poorly the team as a whole did and that's not right either. On the flip side you can have average or slightly above average player's with good team chemistry that win lots of games but singularly aren't the best player's when it's time to play travel ball, college ball, etc. that get all the accolades at year's end. The opposing coaches know who the PLAYERS are and if it's done correctly it'll all come out in the wash.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

yep I agree with what you had to say. 1 or 2 very good players can still be on a weak team --- 1 or 2 isn't 4 . MD

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

ManitouDan wrote:yep I agree with what you had to say. 1 or 2 very good players can still be on a weak team --- 1 or 2 isn't 4 . MD
Sorry, I don't know the player's or team in question but as I stated, 1 or 2 would be acceptable to me. Just my thoughts and I agree that 3 or 4 would be too many in the above stated scenario.

fb65
Waterboy

Post by fb65 »

Portsmouth's Hannah Foster and SSU signee was left off the list for the second year in a row because her coach failed to attend the required meetings, for the second year in a row. Coaches, these girls work hard and deserve recognition for their efforts. What would happen if a football coach or basketball coach failed to attend one of the required meetings? There would probably be an uprising. Hannah had goals and was determined to be the best she could, and because her
coach failed to do his job, she did not get a chance to meet her goal. There is no excuse for not attending the required meeting this is as much a part of coaching as practice and the games. Good luck Hannah at Shawnee we know you will represent this area well, and congradulations to all girls making the all district and all state teams.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

coach 66 wrote:Portsmouth's Hannah Foster and SSU signee was left off the list for the second year in a row because her coach failed to attend the required meetings, for the second year in a row. Coaches, these girls work hard and deserve recognition for their efforts. What would happen if a football coach or basketball coach failed to attend one of the required meetings? There would probably be an uprising. Hannah had goals and was determined to be the best she could, and because her
coach failed to do his job, she did not get a chance to meet her goal. There is no excuse for not attending the required meeting this is as much a part of coaching as practice and the games. Good luck Hannah at Shawnee we know you will represent this area well, and congradulations to all girls making the all district and all state teams.
If it's because of the coaches then that is a travesty. It's your job to attend these meetings why ? Just like in any other business or job, meetings like this must be attended to benefit all parties involved (in this case coaches & players). When appraisal time (or whatever it may be called at your place of employment) comes around semi-annually or yearly this should be addressed along with all the other pertinent job responsibilities in your evaluation by superiors. If you're getting paid to teach and/or also have a supplemental contract, then do your job on both.

Return to “Softball”