Top Players in the SE District 2015

Gopher
Varsity

Re: Top Players in the SE District 2015

Post by Gopher »

BudLytle wrote:DI's do not sign kids (especially if they are giving them any money) to not play... just because the common fan doesn't see what THEY EXPECT from a kid going DI doesn't mean the skill set is not there. If we all knew what they were looking for then I guess that would make us all DI coaches earning a living coaching softball! I don't see any of us in that role so maybe we should just support the local young ladies that have been afforded this opportunity instead of questioning what makes them that caliber talent. I get tired of all the ANONYMOUS ADULT negative comments about these kids and the questions of why this kid is going there! There is a real simple answer... BECAUSE THE COACH RUNNING THAT PROGRAM BELIEVES THAT YOUNG LADY WILL HELP THEIR PROGRAM BE MORE SUCCESSFUL!
Great post, well said Bud, Thank You !

BTW - Sosby has 8 HRs of her own.

DiamondWatcher
Waterboy

Post by DiamondWatcher »

Gopher_the_K wrote:
BudLytle wrote:DI's do not sign kids (especially if they are giving them any money) to not play... just because the common fan doesn't see what THEY EXPECT from a kid going DI doesn't mean the skill set is not there. If we all knew what they were looking for then I guess that would make us all DI coaches earning a living coaching softball! I don't see any of us in that role so maybe we should just support the local young ladies that have been afforded this opportunity instead of questioning what makes them that caliber talent. I get tired of all the ANONYMOUS ADULT negative comments about these kids and the questions of why this kid is going there! There is a real simple answer... BECAUSE THE COACH RUNNING THAT PROGRAM BELIEVES THAT YOUNG LADY WILL HELP THEIR PROGRAM BE MORE SUCCESSFUL!
Well said...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So 21-0 with 11 HR

And 5 no-hitters including 4 perfect games and 8 HR

Both 1st team all-state at worst

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

And Jackson's Kacee Jenkins has had an outstanding seasons as well

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Preach on brother preach on

dawg catcher
Waterboy

Post by dawg catcher »

Huntington's Alayna Lytle recorded her 1000th career strikeout tonight in the 2nd game of a DH vs Chillicothe. As a proud parent I was glad to be a part of the game, even if it was as the opposing coach.

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

BudLytle wrote:Huntington's Alayna Lytle recorded her 1000th career strikeout tonight in the 2nd game of a DH vs Chillicothe. As a proud parent I was glad to be a part of the game, even if it was as the opposing coach.
CONGRATS Alayna (and the Lytle family).

Is this where I am supposed to talk about how she is over rated, her stats are inflated because of playing in a weak league, and her legacy will only be determined by how many times she lead her team deep in the tournament, and so on and so on?

JUST KIDDING Bud !!!!!!!

It is a monumental feat and she deserves props for it.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

congrats to both Lyttle and Sosby .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 1
Alexander 0

Kacee Jenkins continuing to make her case as a top player in the district.

dawg catcher
Waterboy

Post by dawg catcher »

Gopher... thank you sir and Ms Sosby does as well... all I can say is this... I teach my team that winners do not need excuses and anyone that thinks 1000 K's in a career has anything to do with anything other than hard work dedication and skill is doing nothing but making excuses and we all know the opposite of winners is losers so what does that say about them

Buckeyeelite
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeyeelite »

Brooke Pierron is such the athlete! She's so valuable to her team that they couldn't win wthout her! She's would be the best player at any position on the field for her Notre Dame squad including pitcher! So valuable to the team as an offensive threat that you have to worry about her every at bat! Runs bases so intelligently it's not funny! Would have been nice to see her throw a full season to see just how good she could be!!

Rienzi
Waterboy

Post by Rienzi »

West has good talent. Megan Shupert(Sr)., quick base stealer, Whittaker(Sr) on the mound, and a good defense that consists of freshmen and sophomores. A couple of freshmen and sophomores added good hitting for the short game and with the long ball. They have a pitcher, Coleman, that will take control on the mound next season to round out a good , solid team.

upi34
Riding the Bench

Post by upi34 »

I agree West made positive strides this year. Young girls made contributions. Curious why Coleman kid did not pitch any if she is a solid pitcher?

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

I would put Wheelersburg's top 7 players on this list. There isn't another player in SE District that could move in and take any of their positions.....especially since Geno got injured. A healthy Geno would pitch.....but Howard isn't far behind her. I'm not saying that there isn't anyone else in the district that could play for this team.........I'm saying there are 7 spots on the team they couldn't take.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Burg is certainly loaded but I wouldnt go that far . Some awfully good players out there in the entire district .

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

Lol.......ok Dan.....Top 6 then?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Westfall might have something to say about that

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

RedsFan wrote:Lol.......ok Dan.....Top 6 then?

I'd say you are safe at SS and 2nd for sure . The rest is up to ( private) debate . Hope Burg wins the whole thing.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Me thinks Kendall Meeks would find a position to play for Burg within the top 6

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

^ Yeah I think she might squeeze in .

Return to “Softball”