Coaches Southeast Ohio All-District Softball teams

badger
Riding the Bench

Coaches Southeast Ohio All-District Softball teams

Post by badger »

Boy you can tell the buddy systems are at work at these votes :lol: . Just looking at the teams D3 isnt too bad but D4 is a joke!!!!
http://www.irontontribune.com/2014/06/1 ... all-teams/

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Coaches Southeast Ohio All-District Softball teams

Post by Ironman92 »

badger wrote:Boy you can tell the buddy systems are at work at these votes :lol: . Just looking at the teams D3 isnt too bad but D4 is a joke!!!!
How so? I saw a few 2nd teamers that definitely should've been on 1st....but am not familiar with some of the smaller SOC schools

badger
Riding the Bench

Post by badger »

Ironman92 wrote:
badger wrote:Boy you can tell the buddy systems are at work at these votes :lol: . Just looking at the teams D3 isnt too bad but D4 is a joke!!!!
How so? I saw a few 2nd teamers that definitely should've been on 1st....but am not familiar with some of the smaller SOC schools
Everybody knows how the BUDDY system works at the D4 vote. My friend umpires and told me that MOST of the 1st Team wouldn't even start for Paint Valley or Notre Dame. I was told by a coach that every year it seems that a coach who just might be the District Rep :122249 gets a kid on the all state team every year. :lol:
From listening to that coach HATE runs wild at the D4 vote.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

There could be a lot said in looking at the vote . I could point out several picks that are nothing more than " you vote for mine I'll vote for yours " and " I refuse to vote for players from a certain school " but I will give just one example ; an Ironton St Joe player got more votes than Tori Harr . All Harr did was pitch her team to Notre Dames's second undefeated SOC season in a row and hit between 400-500 . ERA was well below 1.0 . She gave up less than 5 earned runs on the entire year in conference play . And threw a no hitter in a district game . That is just one example amongst many .

badger
Riding the Bench

Post by badger »

MD- you are so right!!! I would like to know how coaches vote kids who pitch 99% of the games and they are voted all-state as an infielder and not a pitcher.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Clay , East , western and Symmes Valley each had a player receive more votes than any Notre Dame player . Sad for the players who had outstanding 4 year runs at ND . Same thing happened last year . Maybe if the coaches get called out for it they might actually vote for the players that had the best season . Also if you are a pitcher , then earn recognition as a pitcher . There shouldn't be awards handed to players at positions they didn't even play . That why some observers call this a joke .

Buckeyeelite
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeyeelite »

It's a blind vote MD! You do not have to take responsibility for ur vote! Funny everyone always say that they voted for a kid but you really don't know. I think if coaches had to put there names on there ballot you would get better results cause they can't hide!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

This list has been a joke for years. For bad teams to get three-to-four kids on all-district, even if its honorable mention, is an embarrassment. It's the everyone wins a trophy mentality.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

You should see how the membership and some "coaches" used to conduct and carry out the selection of the District Underclass team :lol: What a joke.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah....I've been in two of the softball district meetings...and the rep got his girl POY and therefore 1st team all-state...no way

Coaches listing their top 18 among the whole district and coaches would have their list done in 3 minutes lol.

Buckeyeelite
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeyeelite »

Ironman92 wrote:Yeah....I've been in two of the softball district meetings...and the rep got his girl POY and therefore 1st team all-state...no way

Coaches listing their top 18 among the whole district and coaches would have their list done in 3 minutes lol.
Sounds like what the D4 rep does with his players every year.He and the D4 district is a joke like stated above

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

U girls want some cheese?????? STHU!!!!!

Buckeyeelite
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeyeelite »

Real classy!!! THE PRIDE!!!

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

proud I don't have to deal with you anymore

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

dido --so you agree with the d4 picks or just think no one has the right to question it ? Bring attention to the situation is not whining .

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

Saying some of the kids r a joke is not cool or classy either. Unless ur at practice or know the kid 4 the thinds off the field u shouldnt judge. Harr should have got more that I agree

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

How they practice and whether or not they are a outstanding citizen shouldnt be anywhere in the equation . Its an award for the best players who had the best season on the field . And some people called the vote a joke , no individual was called a joke .

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

D4 rep was called a joke read it again

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

you stated " saying some of the kids r a joke" didnt mention the d4 adult rep. FWIW I dont even know who the D4 rep is , but I agree , no need to call individuals a joke , even adults who use their position to slight HS players .

SportyOne
Riding the Bench

Post by SportyOne »

When coaches nominate their own kid or friends kid who is just an average player it makes it where these awards can't be taken serious at all.

I don't need to look at a list to see who the best players are. I go to the games and I see it with my own 2 eyes. The players know it too. The coaches that do this are the ones making it a joke.

Return to “Softball”