JACKSON IRONLADIES OFFERS HITTING CLINICS

old-timer
Freshman Team

JACKSON IRONLADIES OFFERS HITTING CLINICS

Post by old-timer »

The Jackson Ironladies staff and player will be offering hitting clinics.

The clinics will consist of 90 minutes of hitting in the "HITTING BARN". It is located across from the Jackson Middle School. It has 2-60 foot cages, heated facility, 2-pitching machines, and we can accommodate 12 hitters at a time.

The clinic will begin with approximately 40 minutes of drill work ( t-drills, soft-toss, small ball) -- ALL PLAYERS WILL BE SWINGING AT SAME TIME...

Then, 50 minutes of machine and front toss work... Great opportunity to work on beginning to eliminate that winter rust before high school open hitting sessions begin.

The sessions are open to players of ages 10yr olds to 18yr olds, cages will be separated based on age groups and talent levels..
Hitting clinic dates and times are: FIRST WEEKEND:
Friday, January 3rd -- 6:00 pm - 7:30pm
Saturday January 4th -- 9:30 am - 11:00am
Saturday January 4th -- 11:15am - 12:45pm

SECOND WEEKEND:
Friday, January 10th -- 6:00 pm - 7:30pm
Saturday January 11th -- 9:30 am - 11:00am
Saturday January 11th -- 11:15am - 12:45pm

THIRD WEEKEND:
Friday, January 24th -- 6:00 pm - 7:30pm
Saturday January 25th -- 9:30 am - 11:00am
Saturday January 25th -- 11:15am - 12:45pm

The cost is $15 per person and we can take up to 12 players per session. May sign-up as individuals or an entire squad.

TO INQUIRE ABOUT HITTING AVAILABILITY OR TO SIGN-UP, YOU MAY CALL OR TEXT HEAD COACH DON KUNZ, JR. @ (740) 988-6013[/i].

old-timer
Freshman Team

Re: JACKSON IRONLADIES OFFERS HITTING CLINICS

Post by old-timer »

Sorry, just realized a typing error.. The number to reach Coach Don Kunz, Jr is suppose to be -- 740-988-6103...
SORRY!!!
Don Kunz, Jr.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Well who is the QUALIFIED hitting instructor for this ?... Just asking :lol:

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

NO QUALIFIED ISTRUCTORS, JUST ME (Coach Kunz) & my staff. You won't here me say that I know anything about softball.. In fact, I usually apologize to the parents before ruining their child's hitting technique :lol: We do offer instruction and I think it is pretty good stuff(but I might be bias).. We use it as an opportunity for Southeastern Ohio kids to get to hit in our facilities and we make some money for our overnight scrimmage trip (our Var. & JV teams).

I do believe the instruction, drills, and time is well worth a players time to come and get a workout in.

Maybe the General can "come and observe and let us know how we do?" :122249
OR better yet, bring your daughter and let her hit, I enjoy watching really good talent swing and showcase talent.

Hope we have a nice group take advantage of this opportunity in SE Ohio..

rocket20
Freshman Team

Post by rocket20 »

My daughter played for a travel team based out of Jackson a couple years ago and although coach kunz was not her coach...he was always around giving any knowledge he had to offer to the girls..no matter where they were from and I also know that he along with his assistant coach(my daughters travel coach) helped her immensely..she became a better hitter working with them day n and day out..so I would say he is qualified and to top it off he's one of the nicest guys u will ever meet..I guarantee that!!! So I would say bring your kids down..they will have a good time..practice in a very nice facility and get to knock some of the rust off b for the real practices begin.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

pretty funny comments , I've had my share of nay sayer's also , recently a parent of a kid I've worked with went to UK's camp and texted me " Heck Dan they are teaching exactly what you teach" :)

The General
All State

Post by The General »

2 NO's Old Timer. NO.....I wont be and would never be there to observe. And NO....I would never buy what you have to sell... :lol: ...Sorry :lol:

rocket20
Freshman Team

Post by rocket20 »

Then why the heck were u on here asking questions about it!!! If u don't like anything he has to sell then don't buy it..lol...why did u even click on here to reply to it...just saying...have a nice day!!!

rocket20
Freshman Team

Post by rocket20 »

Maybe I should've stayed out of it but coach kunz offers stuff like this all the time and doesn't mind helping kids out no matter where they're from...even though he may come up against them during softball season...he's had a lot of kids from their big rival wellston at the hitting barn and he works with them like.they're on his team. I've just known coach kunz for a pretty long time and like I said b for he's one of the nicest guys u will ever meet and just felt as if I should take up for him a little.bit....really wasn't trying to b butthead

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The General is just having fun.

How bout them Reds?

rocket20
Freshman Team

Post by rocket20 »

Yea..that's why I said I should've stayed out of it cause for all I knew they knew each other and were just kidding with one another...my bad...I'll shut up now...lol.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

Hey Rocket20,
Thanks for the compliments and I am pleased to hear that your daughter really benefitted from our instruction in IRONLADIES LAND... As for your comments here, don't feel bad. I have NO IDEA who The General might be, so therefore, I can't say if he was just having a little fun or KNOWS I have little knowledge about the game of softball.... Either way, those who know me understand that those comments don't bother me to much, often the spring results show that our girls are able to overcome ALL my lack of coaching abilities anyway :lol: . Just hope some young softball players are willing to take the chance that your daughter and many others have and sign-up to see how we might be able to improve the hitting aspects of the game for them also....

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
The Hitting Sessions on Saturday mornings that are scheduled for 9:30 are now closed... There are already 12 participants in that timed session for the entire month of January.. THERE ARE a few slots available for the 11:15 times on Saturdays and the Friday night sessions have available slots as well.

Just to let those who are thinking about attending know what times are still possible...

Thanks to ALL
Don Kunz, Jr.

;

Return to “Softball”