West at ND on WED 5-8-13

coachwp
Waterboy

Re: West at ND on WED 5-8-13

Post by coachwp »

Buckeye24, ManitouDan, badger,
Sounds like you guys need to be umpires, or help your teams coach tell the umpire what is the right call or wrong call. because you guys know it is always the umpire that lost the game or made a make call that cost your team a game. Never was it the coaches fault. Maybe he could have agrued the call if he new the rule or asked one of you guys what the rule was. the Valley game was 1-0 bad call on a foul ball as you say. West hitting - runners on 2nd & 3rd with 2 outs fly ball to centerfeild coach holds up runners - umpires fault because West didn't score 2 runs. ND game - ND looses by 3 runs in the 7th inning umpire must have let West score 3 runs.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit . I specifically and directly said "umps didn't cost nd this game " .

coachwp
Waterboy

Post by coachwp »

ManitouDan,
Just saying in general when you have posted something it usually is something negative about a call or some team or coach. Grow -up this is about high school sports & some very good players, coaches, & umpires trying to do the best that they can, at what they do. Remember everyone makes mistakes. Maybe you should try to coach or umpire

STUDS ONLY
Waterboy

Post by STUDS ONLY »

Badger,
Obviously the better team won this particular
game. Never knocked ND, stated the facts. West came
away with the win. These teams could play all year long
and chances are split. Now in to your soap box, ND is not
a traditional D4 team. If I am correct your team has 4 kids
In their line up that all came from D3 schools with in
the past 3 years. IMO west was at a disadvantage.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Coach.---Thanks for the advice . Don't agree with you at all . I don't recall making a single comment about umpires in the 30 or so games I've watched this year . Sometimes people just don't like hearing the truth . As far as coaching .. Prob will after my kid graduates .

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

coachwp wrote:Buckeye24, ManitouDan, badger,
Sounds like you guys need to be umpires, or help your teams coach tell the umpire what is the right call or wrong call. because you guys know it is always the umpire that lost the game or made a make call that cost your team a game. Never was it the coaches fault. Maybe he could have agrued the call if he new the rule or asked one of you guys what the rule was. the Valley game was 1-0 bad call on a foul ball as you say. West hitting - runners on 2nd & 3rd with 2 outs fly ball to centerfeild coach holds up runners - umpires fault because West didn't score 2 runs. ND game - ND looses by 3 runs in the 7th inning umpire must have let West score 3 runs.
Umm why did you include me in this? I only said I saw one missed call, and even then it wasn't a game changer. I'm a fan of West sports anyway. Did you even read my comments? :|
Last edited by Buckeye24 on Thu May 09, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

Don't pay no mind to sum of the comments here, I know the girls are expected to have class and we should follow. how humiliating on the other teams coach in
the dugout, I hope we never!

badger
Riding the Bench

Post by badger »

Yosemite Sam wrote:Badger,
Obviously the better team won this particular
game. Never knocked ND, stated the facts. West came
away with the win. These teams could play all year long
and chances are split. Now in to your soap box, ND is not
a traditional D4 team. If I am correct your team has 4 kids
In their line up that all came from D3 schools with in
the past 3 years. IMO west was at a disadvantage.
Yes, West got the win this time. They have a good team this year. Would like to see a rematch. Like I said, teams are comparable. How can West be at a disadvantage when 100% of their girls have always played D3? That argument Doesn't make sense. And the coaches weren't even permitted to question a call, which the umpires are supposed to be able to defend; their job is to be in the right position to make the right call. Understand they aren't always 100% correct on calls. Fans were more upset than coaches, but umps assumed coaches were doing the complaining. Scioto County is small and all umps know all coaches. So even if there isn't favoritism, it can sure smell like it sometimes. ND coaches get excited and like to win; that's what makes them good. West has some very classy people who tell it like it is, so giving them props. Let's move on; that game's over. REPRESENT!

badger
Riding the Bench

Post by badger »

DIDO wrote:Don't pay no mind to sum of the comments here, I know the girls are expected to have class and we should follow. how humiliating on the other teams coach in
the dugout, I hope we never!
What was humiliating?

Return to “Softball”