SVC 2015 "A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats"

Xtoxxviii
All State

Re: SVC 2015 "A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats"

Post by Xtoxxviii »

bman wrote:Congratulations to Huntington's Alayna Lytle on recording her 1,000th career strikeout last night against Chillicothe.
Congratulations Alayna!

I still think of her as that little girl from the club volleyball car pool trips.
Some great memories there and I'm glad she is still making more.

Congrats to dad as well but we all know Alayna gets her athletic abilities from her mother :mrgreen:

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

:aaaaa71
Last edited by Xtoxxviii on Sun May 24, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

:aaaaa38
Last edited by Xtoxxviii on Sun May 24, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

SVC in tournament action this season:

Wins 9
Loss 8

DII District Finals
Fairfield Union 3
Unioto 2

DII District Semi
Unioto 2
Logan Elm 1

DIII District Finals
South Point 14
Westfall 10

DIII District Semi
Westfall 6
Minford 2

Alexander 1
Huntington 0

Sectional championship

DII
Unioto 7
Warren 3

DIII
Westfall 12
McClain 3

Huntington 13
Zane Trace 3

Lucasville Valley 10
Piketon 8

Adena 0
Eastern Brown 11

Southeastern 0
Meigs 10

DIV
Paint Valley 5
Leesburg 16

Sectional Semi's

DII
Unioto 2
Vinton County 0

DIII
Southeastern 13
Oak Hill 5

Adena 14
West Union 2

DIV
Paint Valley 18
New Boston 9

Not the tournament run the SVC had a season ago but all the same nice showings by Westfall and Unioto making it to the District finals and with in a pitch or two from advancing to the regionals.

Next season we will see the SVC take major hit in the graduation department and the complexion of the league will change greatly.

Westfall will need to replace several multi year starters from their State and back to back SVC Champion squads.

Unioto loses the starting right side of their infield and their strong bats. All of which was members of the Sherman's Back to Back championships from 3&4 seasons ago.

Huntington will take a huge hit in the pitching department.

Zane Trace has already experienced a season minus the All-State talents of Morgan Geno.

Piketon will be looking for new talent in the circle with the graduation of Dunn, I'm about 99.9% sure she is a Senior this year:)

Adena returns a lot and after the strong showing this year the warriors will be one of the pre-season favorites next year.

Southeastern will be hit by graduation.

Paint Valley with a healthy Newland, will be one of top teams in the league and in DIV.
A lot of players was forced into positions and situations this season that will only make them better for next year.

Also look for the X to take a back seat in 2016 here on the SEOP's softball forum.
It's been fun and thank you to all of the SVC seniors, you have been a great group to follow the past 4 years
X-out!

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

fullcountjitters wrote:This is the Best and Toughest League in the state!

SOC year in and year out in my opinion is the strongest, and has shown it for 25 years. Some leagues will have good seasons here and there though.

dawg catcher
Waterboy

Post by dawg catcher »

X... It has been a good 4 year run! Between volleyball and softball we have certainly had some very entertaining moments and I have certainly enjoyed get to know the X and his family. Our little girls are now all grown up and ready to move on to the next phase of their lives, less dependent on us! I have enjoyed reading your posts and the insight you have given to, not only SVC sports, but all of Southeast Ohio. I will certainly miss getting on here reading your comments after a big night of athletics in our area. Thank you sir and I am sure our paths will sometime cross again!

High Plains Drifter... good try but no one bit... not much about arguing concerning this conference or that at this point in the season! You are certainly entitled to your opinion though!!!!!

I will close out by saying this... Morgan Geno, Alayna Lytle, Emily Ward, Gina Wright, Adrian Dunn, Denise Arledge, Cassidy Williams, Kelly Fuchs, along with numerous other 2015 graduates from the SVC I am sure I am forgetting... THANK YOU FOR THE MEMORIES and I am sure each of you will be successful in life if you keep the same attitude, work ethic, and integrity you have played the game of softball with over the past 4 years. It has been fun getting to know you and your families and again I will say this; I don't know that there has been a better collection of athletic talent in one class in SVC history!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

High Plains Drifter wrote:
fullcountjitters wrote:This is the Best and Toughest League in the state!

SOC year in and year out in my opinion is the strongest, and has shown it for 25 years. Some leagues will have good seasons here and there though.
This year the SOC2 is 13-7 so far (3 of those 7 losses to other SOC2 schools) and 2 teams advancing to the Regionals.

Return to “Softball”