Wheelersburg softball 2021

captainmorgan_
Freshman Team

Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by captainmorgan_ »

This team also lost a lot of seniors that didnt get to play out their last season. What will the team roster look like this year. Who plays where? Will they make a deep tournament run? How far will they go?

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by fbnut »

captainmorgan_ wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:41 pm
This team also lost a lot of seniors that didnt get to play out their last season. What will the team roster look like this year. Who plays where? Will they make a deep tournament run? How far will they go?
talent everywhere and another howard on the mound should make for a pretty solid team with a chance to make it to akron

Areukidinme
Waterboy

Post by Areukidinme »

Areukidinme, this Burg team is loaded. The top coaches, Senior talent, many already committed to their college of choice, leadership, a super soph, freshman class of World Series Champions. Burg softball this spring will a juggernaut. Anxious to see the schedule outside of the SOC preparing this bunch for a big season that should be a final four adventure. Are they good enough to take the State crown in their division, possibly, will depend on the strength of schedule, the schools up north and the arm of the Howard girl. Locally, the Ironton Tigers, have a very strong pitcher for the division who will keep them in games.

I hope to catch a few more games this year, know a few of the girls and they are anxious to get on the diamond. Gene Bennet field will be rocking this spring.

captainmorgan_
Freshman Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

what colleges are they committed to?

Areukidinme
Waterboy

Post by Areukidinme »

Verbal commitments at this time but, Hughes, University of Charleston, Eller, Ashland University and Sturgill Carson Newman. According to a couple of their parents official signing days will be held in November.

longball
Freshman Team

Post by longball »

captainmorgan_ wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:41 pm
Let's just hope they don't decide to shut eveything down again.

But on a positive note.. Burg should be pretty good. I'll have to agree, how far they go in tournament play will have a lot to do with pitching. That's a lot to put on a freshman but she has plently of experience. I assume 3 seniors mentioned above will make up 2nd, SS and 3rd base as they did last year (2 seasons ago). Eaton is a talented sophomore.. not sure where she plays defensively? Preston may catch? As far as other positions, I have no idea. I also know those seniors have a pretty big chip on their shoulders and will be on a mission..

Return to “Softball”