Head Coach Vacancy

transplant
All Conference

Re: Head Coach Vacancy

Post by transplant »

A parent coaching and "Daddy Ball" are two different things in my mind. There have been parents that coach and happen to have a child play them. Also, some of the parent coaches have been pretty successful and were there before or after their child played for them. I don't follow softball hardly at all, but just curious how many current coaches are "Daddy Ball"?

ColdHardTruth
Freshman Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Lol that honestly depends on who you ask. I'm my opinion, there isn't many at the high school level. There's too much work and hoops to jump through. At that level "daddy ball" is usually just a term thrown around by someone who didn't get their way.

transplant
All Conference

Post by transplant »

Thanks. I didn’t think there were too many dads coaching just to coach their kids. I know it happens. But I know what you mean.

NW97
Riding the Bench

Post by NW97 »

transplant wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:34 pm Thanks. I didn’t think there were too many dads coaching just to coach their kids. I know it happens. But I know what you mean.
It's pretty telling if they start when their kids get there and quit once they graduate.

transplant
All Conference

Post by transplant »

NW97 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:10 am
transplant wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:34 pm Thanks. I didn’t think there were too many dads coaching just to coach their kids. I know it happens. But I know what you mean.
It's pretty telling if they start when their kids get there and quit once they graduate.
Right, I know. Still not too many that have done that at the High School level that i know of. A few sure, but i dont think the number is overwhelming. Could be wrong.

The Broker
Waterboy

Post by The Broker »

NW97 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:10 am
Yep, and this will be lil Suzie #2 for this daddy and mommy coaches. Coached #1 until she graduated then quit. I look for the same with #2. This only happens in softball and V-ball here. In V-ball there's the added variable of not only mommy ball but "I want to coach when there's talent and quit when the talent graduates." This is also round two for V-ball.

petesweaty
Varsity

Post by petesweaty »

The common excuse is "I want to spend more time with the family." No, the talent ran out.

The Broker
Waterboy

Post by The Broker »

petesweaty wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:24 pm The common excuse is "I want to spend more time with the family." No, the talent ran out.
YES!

Return to “Softball”