Ironton 2022

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton 2022

Post by orangeandblack98 »

Does anyone really think the have a chance against the burg next year?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Sure .. anytime you have an HS ace that good you have a shot . Would Burg be the favorite / sure , but softball is all about pitching , and when you got it you are in every game , assuming they can play even a ounce of D

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

For example -- I know a team in Ky that went to the Final four last year with not too much better talent than Ironton. I'd say pitching is around equal. So could they beat a young Burg team ? sure . Maybe not in a 5 game series but 1 game with 15-18 year olds , anything can happen.

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

i could see ironton beating burg if moore throws a good game. not impossible at all. walk eaton and score a couple of runs. wburg doesnt have real strong pitching they rely mainly on offense.

RBH23
Freshman Team

Post by RBH23 »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:59 pm i could see ironton beating burg if moore throws a good game. not impossible at all. walk eaton and score a couple of runs. wburg doesnt have real strong pitching they rely mainly on offense.
Be careful underestimating Burg’s pitcher. She was only a freshman yet still took the team to the final four. Also she has a softball World Series title game win to her name.

As for your “walk Eaton” strategy, this Burg team will be loaded with hitters from 1-9. Again, let’s not forget that a number of these girls were also on that little league World Series team.

Ironton will need a small miracle to beat Burg softball this year.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I agree walk the batter that has power and will hurt you every time. Take your chances with other 8. Odds go up big time even with a runner on 1st or 2nd walk that hitter instead of a three run homer or two run homer . Make the others make plays, everyone has there opinions but pressure on other players to produce in tight games . Tossup and gamble but 7-10 times you’ll come out ahead Ironton pitcher is the truth. Good luck to all next season

Return to “Softball”