2022 SOC2 Thread, scores, standings and schedules... post all year.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: 2022 SOC2 Thread, scores, standings and schedules... post all year.

Post by SiderBlood »

West with a 1-0 walk off Homer in the 10th for another district title. Been a few years.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

Biggest game of the year! Can West finally beat Burg or will Burg continue to make West stuffer. Burg scored 19 runs in the Regional semi and West has shutout their opponents back to back games.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

60ft wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:34 am Biggest game of the year! Can West finally beat Burg or will Burg continue to make West stuffer. Burg scored 19 runs in the Regional semi and West has shutout their opponents back to back games.
Proud of the way Scioto county is representing none the less. I honestly believe the winner of this game are capable of winning it all. Burg has the overall better bats I believe, but West can absolutely win it. Can they just get over that hump of beating that rival. Should be an epic turnout up there with lots of Orange and black. Hope for a great competitive game. Maybe the biggest softball match in Scioto County history?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Is the game going to be streamed? Or maybe on the radio?

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Burg v/s West regional championship game is gonna be epic ! Burg has the Better offense as mentioned but West is on a roll . If Burg comes out focused and a good game plan I believe they will be hard to beat! I hope Burg wins can't wait to make the trip to support Da Burg! But whoever win this game more than likely they will be playing Cardington Lincoln and they are good but I believe the SOC II conference can get it done Go Burg!

Burg grad 85
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Wheelersburg 12-4 over West. Until West can win the BIG one, Burg will roll.Burg is better at every position and have been there before. Eaton will make them pay big time and Howard will throw a almost perfect game.. Whats the old saying, Burg is King until someone beats them and I don’t see that happening. Good Luck to both teams and may the best team(Burg) win. SOC 1 and 2 from Scioto County will have two teams at State. Strong league and the Burg has a very good chance to Win State. Best wishes on another great year.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Prime Time wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:42 pm Wheelersburg 12-4 over West. Until West can win the BIG one, Burg will roll.Burg is better at every position and have been there before. Eaton will make them pay big time and Howard will throw a almost perfect game.. Whats the old saying, Burg is King until someone beats them and I don’t see that happening. Good Luck to both teams and may the best team(Burg) win. SOC 1 and 2 from Scioto County will have two teams at State. Strong league and the Burg has a very good chance to Win State. Best wishes on another great year.
Out of your mind if you think they are better at every position. West is actually more talented at the top, just lineup to lineup Burg is more consistent all the way through.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Reality will set in ,and the Pirates will cruise thru the State. If you think Pirates top 4 is less talented than West, why have they been taken to woodshed the first two games. Don’t mean to sound that West isn’t good, they are, but Wheelersburg is on another level and the score will tell the story. I hope this is a well played game and not turn into a game like Wheelersburg played there last game against Tusky. Both teams are very good and this will be a game until mid innings. Good luck to all teams left in tourney.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Prime Time wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:49 pm Reality will set in ,and the Pirates will cruise thru the State. If you think Pirates top 4 is less talented than West, why have they been taken to woodshed the first two games. Don’t mean to sound that West isn’t good, they are, but Wheelersburg is on another level and the score will tell the story. I hope this is a well played game and not turn into a game like Wheelersburg played there last game against Tusky. Both teams are very good and this will be a game until mid innings. Good luck to all teams left in tourney.
Did you actually watch the first 2 games these teams played each other they were very competitive could have actually went either way but trust and believe I am a big Burg fan went to school there and I want Burg to win for sure but you are sadly mistaken if you think that Burg will just steam roll West because west is really good they have a really good pitcher and true Burgs lineup from top to bottom is better But west has some outstanding hitters that can do damage if Burg isn't on their A game and honestly I think you are just trying to give West some chalk board material to fire them up ! It's gonna be an epic game Go Burg!

Burg grad 85
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Prime Time wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:49 pm Reality will set in ,and the Pirates will cruise thru the State. If you think Pirates top 4 is less talented than West, why have they been taken to woodshed the first two games. Don’t mean to sound that West isn’t good, they are, but Wheelersburg is on another level and the score will tell the story. I hope this is a well played game and not turn into a game like Wheelersburg played there last game against Tusky. Both teams are very good and this will be a game until mid innings. Good luck to all teams left in tourney.
You obviously didn't watch the first two games. I am in no way disrespecting Burg. They have the best hitter on the field.you can take 2 sophomores and a freshman at West that are pretty deadly at the plate as well and can change the game instantly. We have the better pitching. Where Burg prevails is they are solid all the way across the board. Burg could absolutely Crack this game wide open, just hope for everyone we get a fun one. Go Lady Siders. Been 17 years since West has made it to this stage, had several appearances in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

been to all the tournament games and surprised no one has tried small ball with their weaker hitters against wburg put one down opposite side as eaton and I can see it causing some problems. will west pitch to eaton? I would say not if they want to win.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:22 pm
You obviously didn't watch the first two games. I am in no way disrespecting Burg. They have the best hitter on the field.you can take 2 sophomores and a freshman at West that are pretty deadly at the plate as well and can change the game instantly. We have the better pitching. Where Burg prevails is they are solid all the way across the board. Burg could absolutely Crack this game wide open, just hope for everyone we get a fun one. Go Lady Siders. Been 17 years since West has made it to this stage, had several appearances in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's.
IMO Burgs pitching is just as good or better but let's just say they are both great pitchers also burgs team is very young also so these teams will be battling it out for the foreseeable future

Burg grad 85
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

scott1297 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:33 am
SiderBlood wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:22 pm
IMO Burgs pitching is just as good or better but let's just say they are both great pitchers also burgs team is very young also so these teams will be battling it out for the foreseeable future
I think most would take wests pitcher if you could choose

southernpride
Riding the Bench

Post by southernpride »

9-2 Burg. Congrats Burg Girls and congrats to West Girls for a great season. Good luck at state!

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

How in the world was Eaton allowed to swing the bat not once! Not twice! But three times!

Isn’t that the definition of insanity?

But none the less congrats to West on an excellent season and good luck to the Pirates

Areukidinme
Waterboy

Post by Areukidinme »

How any coach under these game circumstances would allow Eaton to bat is totally insane. Yea, I have heard all of the excuses why it didn't happen but none make no sense if you have a winning game plan. Come on the girl from West is a good pitcher but not a formidable foe for Eaton. Sorry, the truth hurts but the stats don't lie. Even if she ONLY drove in 4 of the 9 runs, the impact on the psyche of the game turns on each Home Run!

Same will happen next year, the old saying if you don't change what you are doing you get the same result, fits this scenario very well. OH WELL, good luck to the Pirates.

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

West will never beat Burg period! To much talent and better coaching. Burg is built to win the big games. McDermott is a great pitcher but she has to pitch perfect to beat burg. The pitch calling was terrible for McDermott. Burg is great but they had some luck too! West made to many mistakes on pitch calling, bad base running and wasn’t aggressive at the plate. Burg was jumping on the first pitch and they was crowding the plate. Good luck to Burg in the State

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BURG wins 5 to 2 today. Ordinary kids doing extraordinary things. State title game tomorrow night.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BURG 5 to 2 over tuslaw. State champs

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Softball”