jr high softball

Storm02
Waterboy

Re: jr high softball

Post by Storm02 »

Green upsets Webster tonight 7-3 to move on.

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

SCORES!!!

groundskeeper
Waterboy

Post by groundskeeper »

ND over minford 3-1
Ironton over valley 9-1 I think
OH over green 15-5
Burg/NW ?

Storm02
Waterboy

Post by Storm02 »

Green left the bases loaded 3 times with only one out. Very hard day for pitchers in the rain. Congrats to a very talented Oak Hill program who showed great class and a very young Green Team with a bright future.

Dadof3
Waterboy

Post by Dadof3 »

Hope the forecast changes. Some good softball games tomorrow.

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

Burg over NW by run rule. Should be some great games tomorrow if the weather holds out. It was definitely a struggle for the pitchers today. Good luck to the remaining teams.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

They get the final game in between Oak Hill and Ironton ?

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

Noodle319 wrote:I'll go first but only going to give top six, it's a toss up after that.

1. Ironton- really good

2. Oak Hill- returning 7 starters and added a nice catcher

3. Burg- good pitching and always hits

4. Notre Dame - great group of solid players

5. Northwest - really impressed by them last year
6. Minford- know they lost some but both teams from last year were solid
Man I'm good

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Yep Ironton won.

Dadof3
Waterboy

Post by Dadof3 »

Some good teams & players coming up the next couple years

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

what was the score of the finals ?

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

Didn't get the Ironton vs ND, but oaks over burg 10-3, Ironton over oaks 15-5. The finals had a pretty good shower pop up in the 3rd that they played through. Gotta hand it to the pitchers for being able to hold onto the ball during that mess.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

I don't think it would have changed the outcome, but Oak Hill was up 3-0 going into the bottom of the third when the downpour started...very long inning for oak hill (gave up about 10 runs that inning). I do feel like the game should have been delayed during that mess. Oak Hill pitchers done a great job considering how hard it was raining when they were out there.

Jms
Riding the Bench

Post by Jms »

Ironton over ND 8-3 in that semi final game.
We didn't think we would get all the games in this weekend but we didn't really want to string them out through the week so we went for it.
Yes, weather wasn't ideal for some of the games but everybody hung in there.
We told our girls all season (ND) that we had more talent on our team this year than we have ever had (This was my 7th year to be involved in our program) What we did not tell them was collectively there was more talent in the entire league then there has been in a long time. If you enjoy watching softball and you didn't make it over you really missed out. Many of these girls will make a large impact on their varsity teams next season.
Thanks again for all who made it over to support their teams or just came to watch. And thanks for all the schools that support their Junior High Softball programs (even though we are not sanctioned) and all the great coaches that put their time in to take these girls to the next level. Hope we can keep this going for many more years. (Or at least 6 more years because I still have a daughter in 2nd grade. :D )

Thehype
Waterboy

Post by Thehype »

Rain had nothing to do with the game. Both teams and pitchers played in the SAME elements. It rained the same amount on Saturday, and they play ALL DAY in it. So that wasn't the problem, and didn't dictate the outcome of the game, Ironton just started hitting. Ironton made their run in the 3rd inning when the rain was just about to stop. GREAT softball this wknd though. Good teams in this area. But like I said in the beginning of the season.... IRONTON TIGERS, GET YOUR POPCORN READY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

I said the outcome would have been the same, but you must have been asleep during that inning when Oak Hill was in the field during the downpour and the pitchers walked 6 and was just doing what they could to get the ball near the plate, therefore giving up hits. I'm not saying we would have beat you. Oak Hill is a young team, only 3 8th graders on the field. The rest are 6th and 7th grade... AND our lead-off hitter (the one your coach said he isn't pitching to) is only 12 years old! SO take your popcorn and toot your horn somewhere else.
Last edited by Browns30 on Tue May 03, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

father time
Waterboy

Post by father time »

There is something to be said about being humble and winning and losing with class. Would we like our kids to be on a public forum saying some of the things that have been said on here (about junior high sports of all things)? As adults we are the first ones to say a child is acting this way or that but where is that behavior learned. If your teams and players are that good you wont have to talk them up or especially talk others down. If they are that good others will do the talking for you. How about we all sit back and enjoy the short moments we have to watch our children play, (its over in the blink of an eye)

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

I'm pretty sure I made it clear in 2 separate posts that Ironton is the better team. We know it, everyone else knows it. No one is putting anyone down, just stating facts. It's all for fun.

Marty McFly
Waterboy

Post by Marty McFly »

father time wrote:There is something to be said about being humble and winning and losing with class. Would we like our kids to be on a public forum saying some of the things that have been said on here (about junior high sports of all things)? As adults we are the first ones to say a child is acting this way or that but where is that behavior learned. If your teams and players are that good you wont have to talk them up or especially talk others down. If they are that good others will do the talking for you. How about we all sit back and enjoy the short moments we have to watch our children play, (its over in the blink of an eye)
Unfortunately, your comment is almost exactly five months too late. You should have posted this back in December not now. Oak Hill lost that game with class, their heads held high. Ironton won that game with class, congratulating the Oak Hill players for their efforts. Both teams were class acts throughout the season! So as far as I’m concerned, the parents have done a pretty good job of raising their kids.

You mentioned talking players up. This thread is filled with people talking players up. It’s what coaches and parents do. This is the equivalent of standing around the water cooler at work and bragging about your kid/team. Nobody talked anybody down.

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

I don't think I've read one post on here about someone putting a team or player down. Its been a lot of fun this year, we know one person likes their crow grilled ;) and those Ironton folk really like their popcorn. But I dont see any negativity coming from this thread. If someone is offended, then maybe its time they step back and take another look, as mentioned earlier, its our "water cooler". Still not sure what is meant by "being junior high", I'm glad there are ppl talking about Jr high, this is a special group of kids that will make a huge impact over the HS scene for the next couple of years. I still would like to see a "all star" type of game, could let 1st and 2nd place coaches coach the two teams. Would be a lot of fun for the girls, not to mention watching 2 teams loaded from top to bottom. Someone needs to set this up! Take the top 15 or so 8th graders, grab a handful of 7th graders and let'em play. Manitoudan, this could be somethin da'bears could put on, could get the players involved, maybe play under the lights?? Not sure how many dingers we'd see outta that field though.

Return to “Softball”