Local asa softball teams playing in the Baseburners Classic

COACH1
Riding the Bench

Local asa softball teams playing in the Baseburners Classic

Post by COACH1 »

I talk to the scioto storm they are playing, is the wildthangs, and buckeye divas, playing also the flames are they going to play.

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

When is the tourney?

Nevermind, I found the thread.

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

I'm pretty sure the Flames 12u will be there.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Underdog --Is your roster full ? I've had some calls from parents looking for a team --I thought maybe you guys were moving up to 14u this year --Thanks MD PS are you doing more than 1 age group or just 12's ?

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

MD-- Scioto Storm is 14u this year and we have room for maybe 1 or 2 quality players. The Flames are 12u and I'm pretty sure they're still looking for a couple of players.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

-had a family move up from georgia that was looking for a 14u and 12u for their daughters but they ended up with Heart of Ohio. . Have had a couple request for 10u. MD

COACH1
Riding the Bench

Post by COACH1 »

MD,
How does a person get ahold of the Heart of Ohio team, and some of the high power teams up north that you are always talking about . I would like to invite them down to are tournament in MAY 17,18,-08.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Do a google search for ohio fastpitch connection ---the whole fast pitch community statewide hangs out there. They have a tourney annoucement section where you can announce your event.

I have no clue whether heart of ohio has a top notch team this year. They have a organization with a good reputation but I have no clue about this years team.

As far as "high powered " teams from up north coming down to scioto co to play good luck. And I say that with no disrespect to your tourney (they won't come to ours either) but these high powered teams stick to high powered events. More likely to stay in large cities where they hope to play an event with 6-8 good solid teams , not just a couple.

The OFC website is a great place for info. If you want to get your girls some games against the best be ready to head to cinci or columbus. I wish it was'nt that way but thats reality. Some of the more high profile tournies already have partial list of who is coming , that way you know what type of competetion you are going to get. Any event that list the Buckeye Heat, Lasers, Classics, Ohio Wave, Cinci Doom will be top of the line.

Having said that, the best most competetive top to bottom field we saw last year was the 1st annual Rumble on the river. I'd say it was slightly better than the B division at Sluggerfest in cinci. But the competetion was mainly from WV. But this year we upgraded our schedule big time , 3 trips to columbus, 2 to cinci. We may not win as much but we will challenge our girls. Hope that helps ---At least we can talk softball when it's FREEZING out. MD

COACH1
Riding the Bench

Post by COACH1 »

Thanks,
MD, I can't remember the teams name but they was yellow and black and they played your team in the championship in that tournament and they beat us in the semi-finals by 1 run. But i remeber all the noise from your game thier fans was loud in your game and ours. The Rumble On The River tournament is ran by the same people.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

was told 2nd hand that the yellow and black team (MOV Flamin'Fury) finished 58-1 last year . Was one the best games games of the year for the wild thangs. game went to ITB , sky high intensity. was good stuff. MD

Return to “Softball”