SOC Scores and Standings

fpcoach
Freshman Team

Re: SOC Scores and Standings

Post by fpcoach »

Notre Dame 3
New Boston 2 in 9 innings

We scored more points then New Boston did, but we did not win anything.

I have a very talented team but I can't motovate a couple of the players to do there best.

Thats my job and I'll keep trying. I just hate this for the players that leave everything on the field.

InTheStands
Waterboy

Post by InTheStands »

Burg something like 9-0 over Valley. Most of the girls got to play. Good to see this happen for Burg. They have alot of talent and could have really used a JV team this year.

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

Has anyone given Clay a good game this year. I know they are loaded again. Groves, Adams, White, etc.

I expect them to take the SOC but hopefully someone will at least give them a good game. They are going to get bored mercy ruling everyone!

Who is there other pitcher? I hear people talk of their pitching duo but I have never seen anyone pitch but Groves, ever since she was a freshman.

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

Does Green have any offense to compliment Ali? I know Clay beat them but I have not heard anything in detail about the game. I seen Ali pitch out to SV a couple of weeks ago and she looked tough as always. Just don't know anything about their offense or defense behind her.

Viking Dad

upi34
Riding the Bench

Post by upi34 »

Clay's other pitcher is Summers... :12223

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

Symmes Valley's game will be at home now instead of it being played at Western.
Boys and Girls both will play at SV

tri_state
Waterboy

Post by tri_state »

Wow, what a game. Clay 5 Notre Dame 2. Pitchers went at it all night. I think both had aroung 9 or 10 Ks. Nd had one bad inning that cost them the game.

Ump had a wide zone, but was consistant for both teams.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I only saw 2 innings but BOY , both teams were going at it , HARD ! 1st time i have seen Groves throw , she is tough. ND played well , they hit 3 solid balls the inning I saw . MD

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Who won the New Boston at East game tonight? I am assuming New Boston won because there has been no report.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

New Boston did win, This is really my first time home long enough to get on after the game. One thing is sure after tonight...the OHSAA better pick umps better and have them carry rule books at every game. It is BS having to stop in the middle of an inning for 5 minutes to talk about a rule because hey ASA does it so the OHSAA must do it too. And even after being shown a rule book about the rule one Ump still didn't believe it. This killed East while they were on the field and yet East still came back to only lose by 1.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

It seems the Tigers have been playing competitive ball, much to the surprise of a lot of posters. They have been in every game except for the Clay game. When I get time I will update the schedule and scores. Congrats Lady Tigers!

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

The Vikings beat Western 17-0 in 5 innings. Vikings hit two home runs, (Ash and Pelletier) One took out my windshield!
Ash pitched a good game for the Vikings. They play Ashland tomorrow at home.
Does anyone know if Chesapeake plays Clay? I think this would be a real matchup.

Viking Dad

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Clay's schedule does not include Chesapeake.

fpcoach
Freshman Team

Post by fpcoach »

tri_state wrote:Wow, what a game. Clay 5 Notre Dame 2. Pitchers went at it all night. I think both had aroung 9 or 10 Ks. Nd had one bad inning that cost them the game.

Ump had a wide zone, but was consistant for both teams.

It was a great game the girls came together as a team. Keller 10 Ks and Groves 9.

The strike zone was consistent for both teams; the difference was where we placed our batters in the box. But two walks, a two singles, and an error all together gave clay the edge to take the win. Both teams play hard and represented their school well and both pitchers did a great job battling for their team.

The only negative thing I seen during the game was and adult father yell at these high schools girls in the out field to WATCH OUT DON'T MISS IT, LOOK OUT DON'T FALL, when a fly ball was hit to them, YOUR PATHEIC and should not be permitted to be around high school sporting events.

I think all parents should be at their child's games, but act like an adult.

upi34
Riding the Bench

Post by upi34 »

Curious about what is meant by "where batters stood in the box"...strike zone should not be affected by where batters stand in box?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Just guessing at what the coach meant but I'll take a stab at it --The Ump was giving the outside corner (and both girls control was fantastic the 2 innings I watched from the pressbox directly above the plate) . Coach K had his girls closer to the plate to cover that outside pitch. Clay girls seemed to be trying to lay off it. And were unhappy with some of the strike calls. So no the zone doesn't change but the ability to reach how the zone is being called does. I might be all wrong also ! And it was a great intense game. 1st time I have seen Groves throw ---impressive stuff ! MD

fpcoach
Freshman Team

Post by fpcoach »

Thats most of the theory for that situation.

domas
Riding the Bench

Post by domas »

Eastern goes down with a thud to Green.....Eagles sophmore pitcher flat blew-up in the first inning. I know it happes but...geeeezzzzzzzz...and thats all I have to say about that.. Eastern is still making some fielding errors, but than the other side of the coin is the same players turn right around the next inning or hit and come up with something fantastic...

Eagles hitting has to come around and E's have to stop for them to acomplish much.

tiger_balla
Freshman Team

Post by tiger_balla »

Waverly 1
West 0

Final-9 innings

Great game by both clubs. Waverly scored on a Mckenzie Gullion base hit over the SS. Catlin Shilling scored the winning run from second on Gullion's hit after driving a rocket double to the fence.

ilovessoftball
Waterboy

Post by ilovessoftball »

domas wrote:Eastern goes down with a thud to Green.....Eagles sophmore pitcher flat blew-up in the first inning. I know it happes but...geeeezzzzzzzz...and thats all I have to say about that.. Eastern is still making some fielding errors, but than the other side of the coin is the same players turn right around the next inning or hit and come up with something fantastic...

Eagles hitting has to come around and E's have to stop for them to acomplish much.

Hey, I don't know you and I don't even know where Eastern is located, but I take great offense to your remark about their sophomore pitcher. My opinion is that if you can't say something positive on this site--then don't say anything at all! These players that we are all talking about are just kids and they don't need to be reading anything negative about how they are playing. How would you like it if that were your daughter that pitched that game and some yahoo wrote something negative about her on this site and hurt her feelings? To comment about an entire teams effort is bad enough, but to single out one player (this time the pitcher) is unacceptable! Go pick on someone you own age for goodness sake! :mad:

Return to “Softball”