quick update from Barboursville

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

quick update from Barboursville

Post by ManitouDan »

12u Wild Thangs go 1-2 . Win over the baseburners . loses to Mountain Thunder and WV Wild One's. I think the 12u burners went 0-3.

Scioto Storm 14u go 2-1 . Loss was to the Baseburners.

Buckeye Divas 10u were 1-1 when I left . Their loss was to the Wild One's who have a outstanding pitcher.

Baseburners 14u was 1-0 when I left. Not sure about any 10u baseburners scores.

Can't believe it but it did'nt rain at all up there. MD

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: quick update from Barboursville

Post by a_c_m »

In recent years, I have been hearing a lot about these teams. What schools do these kids represent. Are most from Scioto County?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

A c m---I'd venture just about every school in the county has a couple kids playing but West, Valley and the Burg have the most. The Baseburners are mainly west kids with a few others.

The Wild Thangs have a mix , 4 valley, 2 burg , 1 portsmouth 1 west, 1 waverly, 1 northwest .

Scioto storm is a big mix also. MD

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Thanks. These kids should get more coverage.

West Sider
Varsity

Post by West Sider »

If it wasn't for ManitouDan they would get no reports. He does a great job for softball coverage in this area. ( ALL SCHOOLS)

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

thanks west sider ---day 2 quick report :

10u champs were Wild One's . very good team , lead by a super pitcher, this girl at 10u throws a legit curve and great change , I watched both from behind the plate. Buckeye Divas did great fell 4-2 in the semi's to the Wild ones. I think the divas went 5-2 or 4-2 on the weekend. good job girls.

12u champs were the Wild Thangs . again our good side / bad side was on display. We played pretty poor on sat, turn around today and played super the 1st 2 games. Really well, beat a good Mountain Thunder team lead by a fine pitcher from Polmroy Oh , Casey Rubble or Casey Ribble (sp?) , beat them 11-3 . They were 10-0 or 11-0 on the year going into today. You will hear about Casey R , she's tough.

Semis were the TNT explosion. Again we played very well 6 or 7-0 win. Taryn Alvelo was super in the circle both games. D was tight.

Gutted out a 11-10 win in 7 innings in the final over the Wild one's . they had beat us 3-1 last night so it was some redemption. The girls were tired but toughed it out , congrats to all .

14u final was fantasic , I could not watch it all as our team was playing at the same time but the baseburners who went undefeated won in ITB over the Scioto Storm 2-1 in a super game. Great to see an all scioto final in a WV tourney . Storm's only loses were to the baseburners .
MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

funny odd side note --The 14's played the whole tourney with the pitchers plate set at 43 feet . 3 feet long. Strange that none of the pitchers were thrown off.

They moved the 12u final over to the 14u field. I thought it looked long and had our coaches check it out , sure enough 43 feet. MD Geez the girl from the baseburners was bringing the heat from 43 feet.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

The mountain thunder team is very good. And Kaci Riffle is a outstanding player. We have been seeing her at various tournies since the 10u days.

Their team , at least the coaches, were seriously hacked off at having to see us (wild thangs) on the 1st game sunday am. Somehow they went 3-0 in pool play but were placed as the # 3 seed. We played a poor game on sat pm and lost to the wild ones 3-1. Our other loss was to MT on sat. Kaci pitched and beat us 5-3 , they got 4 in the 1st , we were on our heels. So we were a low seed and ended up with them on sunday am. We broke out the bats and got them shook a bit, had a couple big innings , Kaci started then they brought in another girl, 11-3 final.

Other pool play results were :
Wild ones 3-0
TNT 3-1 (got a 1 seed but played an extra game that was not counted)
MT 4-0
baseburners 0-3
Venom 0-3
diamond divas 1-2 or 0-3 ??
Wild Thangs 1-2

The TNT team played MT in pool play but did'nt count it towards the seeding. MT won 5-4 or 6-4 . good well played game.

I can't explain the seeding , somehow the Venom played the baseburners in a game I'd bet the house on the baseburners but somehow the BB's never got it going and fell 4-2 .

Semi's were WT over TNT 6 or 7 -0 . Wild One's over Venom ?? Finals: WT's over Wild one's 11-10 . MD

Mr. Whipple
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Whipple »

I'm trying to find out some info on the wild thang's pitcher that threw against the mountain thunder. Who is she and where is she from? I dont remember her in the 12u last year. I think Id remember a kid like that. pretty impressive. she looked like she was on a mission. who threw for the wildthangs in the semi and finals?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

she's an 11yr old :lol: :!: Great kid who works hard hard hard on her game ! She is Taryn Alvelo from lucasville. MD

Mr. Whipple
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Whipple »

only 11?!? are you sure we're talking about the same kid? This girl was no. ?24? if think.....pretty big kid for 11. Seemed to have a lot of control in the circle plus swings a pretty big bat. I thought she looked older. Did she throw in the semi and final too?

All the wildthangs were pretty tough at the plate. looked like batting practice at times! :122245

Who is #27? HUGE STICK!

How many tourneys have you played? When do you guys play again? I'm looking forward to watching more wild thangs!

congrads on the win

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Yep #24 is a 11 yr old 5th grader . Super talent for a kid that young. But she combines that with hard work.

# 27 who you enquired about is our other pitcher ,Kayla Koch , she injured a hip right where the glove slaps the hip in the 1st game . she was limping quite a bit before the semi's . Taryn was in the grove after that 1st game so the coach stayed with her . She threw a shutout in the semi's. And Taryn is quite used to throwing alot of pitches.

The same group of teams all play again (not for sure about every team) in 2 weeks the weekend of May 16-17th. at the Baseburners urgent care classic in west portsmouth. Last year all the WV teams came to it. It was a great tourney with tons of excitement.

thanks for the nice words MD

COACH1
Riding the Bench

Post by COACH1 »

Baseburners 14 under has 9 girls from West ,1 from Burg ,1 from Clay, baseburners 14u went 5-0 in the tournament great game with the storm in the championship 2-1 in 8 inn, baseburners 10u,12u, keep your heads up ,still proud of you just keep playing hard it will get better.

Return to “Softball”