Re: Clay Panthers....good or no good?

Post by tri_state »

without Groves Clay cant play with any body

softball_player
Waterboy

Post by softball_player »

tri_state wrote:without Groves Clay cant play with any body

I disagree completely! Groves is good but they have more than just her. She pitches and hits well but she doesn't make all of the teams defensive plays and she SURELY doesn't score all their runs. If she weren't there, Dani Summers could no doubt pitch in her place.

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

Yeah... They're good but they really need to get it together..... The teams secret weapon is Tori Osborne. She makes contact with the ball everytime up to bat and is probably one of the best first basemen I've seen play high school ball. She would be like the Albert Puljols of highschool softball. The only weakness in her game is her BASERUNNING! I foresee 46 homeruns from her this season. Barring injury, she will lead the team to State this season. I really wish this girl would get the recognition she deserves.........

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

Did you say forty-six (46) home runs from one player this year? Do you realize how many that is per game? How many did she hit last year? I am not making light of this claim but I am alittle shocked at that number. I am anxious to see her play.

Do you know if Clay is coming to the Valley of Thunder Tournament at Symmes Valley this year. We go everyyear to see all the local talent and alot of talent from up north in the state from some of the larger schools.

Good luck and I will sure be watching for that bat from Clay's first baseman.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Hopefully she meant 4 or 6 --that would be a decent year for most power hitters in HS ball. MD

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

I agree 4 to six is more like it.
CRAZY to think otherwise.....
Clay has had a solid line up at the plate for the past few years but I dont remember
Tori being a lead off or a clean up. (is she a Freshman, sophomore, junior or a senior)

softball_player
Waterboy

Post by softball_player »

I think it was a joke. She is a junior, has started at first base since she was a freshman and has 1 home run in her hs career. It was a 9th inning walk-off against unioto. It's hard to get noticed when the team is full of quality players.

Return to “Softball”