district 11 9-10 interleague

Peanut
JV Team

9-10

Post by Peanut »

The district meeting went well today.  We had about 7 other district teams willing to interleague and it looks good.  Coal Grove was not there but someone brought their name up.  The interleague meeting is the first of March and anyone that is going to interleague needs to send a represenative from their league.  The local boards should put the measure up for a vote shortly so they can begin to set their leagues accordingly.  I know Rock Hill and ironton are there and I think South Webster, Minford, possibly Symmes Valley if they have enough girls sign-up.  I can't remember who else.  If anyone knows for sure of other teams let us all know, I can't wait to see who will be in this league.   Should make for a good year and better partiicipation in the 9-10 tournament.

DragonFan
Freshman Team

Post by DragonFan »

I wish Fairland Little League would join in. Its so sad to see the 10 yr old girls wasting their time just standing in the outfield for 3 innings, then sitting the bench when they have so much to offer, and could learn so much by having the opportunity to play.

Peanut
JV Team

9-10 district 11 interleague softball

Post by Peanut »

Listen, I have heard that same response from so many people. If you care about the kids you do what's best for them. Go to your local board and ask them to put it to a vote. Go present it to them and tell the benefits of it, I'm sure you will hear the negative. Make them put it to a vote and see what happens. I'll be glad to come present this at your meeting, but I'm clearly happy with the leagues at the district meeting who are putting these girls in this league. It will be such a benefit and a trend that is happening all across little league. We need to change and give these girls a chance to play by their rules not little league girls. Minor league girls have a different set of rules, softball size and pitching differences, let them play is all I can say.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

hats off to you parents taking the time to make sure you gets what best for the kids MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
SHANNA0807
Waterboy

9-10 YEAR OLD DISTRICT 11

Post by SHANNA0807 »

My name is Shanna Murphy and I am the player agent for the coal grove little league. I did not know about the district meeting this past Sunday or would have been there. I am very interested in being there for the next meeting the 1st of March. If anyone could provide me with additional info about what went on at the meeting I would appreciate it. If that's the way everyone is going to go (breaking down into 9/10 and 11/12), than I would say that we will probably go that route.
Any and all info would be appreciated!
thanks again

Return to “Softball”