Jackson @ Warren -- SAT. DBL Header -- SEOAL TITLE

mhs95_06
S

Re: Jackson @ Warren -- SAT. DBL Header -- SEOAL TITLE

Post by mhs95_06 »

Wow! I had to leave an out shy of the completion of the 5th inning, thus missing the two most eventful innings of the league season. How about a thumbnail sketch of the keys to those innings? How many did Jackson score in each of those two?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mhs95_06 wrote:Wow! I had to leave an out shy of the completion of the 5th inning, thus missing the two most eventful innings of the league season. How about a thumbnail sketch of the keys to those innings? How many did Jackson score in each of those two?
It was a blur.....

We had several base runners in the 6th but could only get it to 4-2. Several balls hit pretty sharp but on the ground in the 5.5 hole instead of in the air.

In the 7th we led off with a groundout (to pitcher?)....Wills made it on with a base hit, Parks, I believe hit a ball up the middle for 1st and 2nd. Our #3 hitter Spohn....I honestly can't remember, ball sharply off 3B glove?......next hitter Oberholzer with a hit into the 5.5 hole to make it 4-3 after that Humphries hits one off 3rd baseman's glove to tie it. Cantor pinch runs for Spohn and while on 3rd in a 4-4 game with 2 outs and Humphries on 1st doing a 1st/3rd rundown hoping steal....but Warren catcher fires it to the pitcher, but high looking like it was going thru and Cantor breaks towards home but abruptly stops and slides to the ground and pitcher rushed throw a bit to 3rd and threw it away scoring Cantor for the 5-4 lead.

In bottom of the 7th....first batter strikes out but dropped ball and thrown out at first. I believe the second hitter just got one over the 2nd baseman's glove. Next hitter fly out to medium center? Next girl with a ball just over SS for a hit (I think 2 strikes)....runners get to 2nd and 3rd somehow and last batter with 2 strikes hits a soft jam shot towards 2nd but it doesn't get to the 2nd baseman and it was spinning pretty good but she kept her momentum going with the spin towards first, gloved it and tossed it to 1st on a pretty close play for the final out.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Thanks so much for the rundown. Seems like the 7th inning cost Warren the 2nd seed, and a home game should they and Jackson both hold serve in their first round home games on the 14th, and have a rematch the 17th at Jackson.

WGR13
Waterboy

Post by WGR13 »

mhs95_06 wrote:Thanks so much for the rundown. Seems like the 7th inning cost Warren the 2nd seed, and a home game should they and Jackson both hold serve in their first round home games on the 14th, and have a rematch the 17th at Jackson.
I believe, after the sectional games, all other games are being played at OU in Athens.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

32sMom wrote:
mhs95_06 wrote:Thanks so much for the rundown. Seems like the 7th inning cost Warren the 2nd seed, and a home game should they and Jackson both hold serve in their first round home games on the 14th, and have a rematch the 17th at Jackson.
I believe, after the sectional games, all other games are being played at OU in Athens.

mhs96 is correct. if Warren and Jackson can win the rematch would be at Jackson per the OHSAA website. http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/sb/girls/20 ... ackets.htm

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

32sMom wrote:
That is correct, but Warren at Jackson would be a sectional game. 8 teams, two get out to district, so 2 vs. 3 seed would be a sectional, as would 1 vs. 4.

Return to “Softball”