Wheelersburg vs. Bloom Carroll

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Bloom Carroll

Post by danicalifornia »

samiam wrote:Does anyone know if Bloom Carroll won the state final?
Lost 4-0.

samiam
Waterboy

Post by samiam »

Thanks

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

digger wrote:You know nothing about this kid. And yes, she is still going to play as a Husky!
Don't have a lot of sympathy for her, she did this to herself.

cgfan
Waterboy

Post by cgfan »

digger wrote:Great kid and player that made a MAJOR mistake...........
At the age of 18, you are an adult. And this adult made a decision that effected a lot of kids today.

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

The Coffman girl that pitched for BC today had 10Ks but gave up 10 hits, 2BB, and 2 HBP. She is a junior that has verballed to DI Eastern Illinois. Her record this year ended 1-3 if that tells you how much they depended on Alvelo.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

I did not say she didn't do it. Did not say she shouldn't be punished. Did not say it wasn't a selfish thing to do. What I am saying is she made a mistake. She will take her punishment and do whatever the court hands down. But to have people, kids and adults, posting every article they can find on social media is ridiculous. Where is all the talk about a one of our local athletes being brought up on felony assault charges? No one is spreading that on every site they can find. Why? Because this athlete is not as successful and well known as Alvelo. I didn't see anyone on here talking about all her success on the mound. They just waited until something bad happened and everyone came out of the woodwork.

Stop calling the kid names, posting every article you can find and just generally bashing!! I am sure everyone out there has done something in their life that they are not proud of. Your problems just didn't make the newspaper.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What school district was she from when she was younger? Valley?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Her name has been brought up a lot on hear over the years congratulating her on all her success. Search her name on this forum.

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

When younger, wasn't she a Wild Thang? Maybe at 10 or 12U?

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Perhaps she misunderstood. Maybe she thought Kohls was having a "throw a one hitter and we will throw in the merchandise". Unfortunate for team. Hopefully a lessen learned.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

digger wrote:I did not say she didn't do it. Did not say she shouldn't be punished. Did not say it wasn't a selfish thing to do. What I am saying is she made a mistake. She will take her punishment and do whatever the court hands down. But to have people, kids and adults, posting every article they can find on social media is ridiculous. Where is all the talk about a one of our local athletes being brought up on felony assault charges? No one is spreading that on every site they can find. Why? Because this athlete is not as successful and well known as Alvelo. I didn't see anyone on here talking about all her success on the mound. They just waited until something bad happened and everyone came out of the woodwork.

Stop calling the kid names, posting every article you can find and just generally bashing!! I am sure everyone out there has done something in their life that they are not proud of. Your problems just didn't make the newspaper.
If you lived in the Lancaster area, or at least regularly read the Lancaster Eagle-Gazette, you'd have thought you were in the presence of a God with the amount of sensational coverage that was written about Alvelo while at Bloom. They (the Eagle-Gazette) have nine schools to cover over both male/female sports, one sportswriter and by and large it's been Bloom-Carroll softball that gets the coverage. Eventually people start getting sick of seeing someone/some group get all the attention. Ironic that folks, such as you, act as if she is immune from a similarly high illumination for something bad as to what she gets when she is constantly in the limelight. Lifting a few rings? What is even the rationale for doing that; she has sponsors FFS! So now not only do you have one less medal, one less memory, (potentially) one less state title, your chance to break the all-time wins record is gone, a whole community that is incredibly pissed and disappointed at you, a criminal record, and your status playing at your dream school is in jeopardy. That must be the heaviest $20 she never had.

I'll be curious if she is able to play at UW for four years. My guess? Probably not. With her father potentially going to prison back home in Ohio complimented by the fact a softball scholarship isn't even going to come close to paying out-of-state tuition @ UW, it'll probably be hard. She goes into Fairfield County Municipal Court tomorrow.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Shawnee State can always use another pitcher....

Its a shame for the rest of the team that the article about the game has this title.
http://usatodayhss.com/2015/without-sus ... tate-final

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

I heard Alvelo was in the Valley (Scioto County) school system till maybe grade 7. Anyone have any info on this?

cgfan
Waterboy

Post by cgfan »

Interesting article on how she was trained if any other parents want to make themselves a top notch pitcher.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... lvelo.html

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Stretch wrote:Interesting article on how she was trained if any other parents want to make themselves a top notch pitcher.

Personally, I don't know if making my daughter cry, calling her names, her calling me names, and all of that is really worth it, but that is just me. Maybe I just was not meant to have a D1 pitcher in the family.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

4th n Goal wrote:
Stretch wrote:Interesting article on how she was trained if any other parents want to make themselves a top notch pitcher.

Personally, I don't know if making my daughter cry, calling her names, her calling me names, and all of that is really worth it, but that is just me. Maybe I just was not meant to have a D1 pitcher in the family.
Were you meant to have >5k of booster money find its way into your wallet? That's the real question here.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

“We’re not always nice to each other, but that’s our nature, and we both understand that it’s a means to an end.

I can't hope but wonder if part of their "nature" lead to some of the challenges and deficiencies they're both experiencing. The best coaches and teachers I've ever seen used a much more positive progressive style to teach and prepare someone for competition. There's no need to be so harsh.

cgfan
Waterboy

Post by cgfan »

They both agreed on one thing. They both plead not guilty even though there was video evidence and caught red handed and the Boosters documented turning the money over to the father.

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

toast wrote:“We’re not always nice to each other, but that’s our nature, and we both understand that it’s a means to an end.

I can't hope but wonder if part of their "nature" lead to some of the challenges and deficiencies they're both experiencing. The best coaches and teachers I've ever seen used a much more positive progressive style to teach and prepare someone for competition. There's no need to be so harsh.
We found common ground Toast. Positive reinforcement will get them to DI just the same, and they will still like you in the end.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Can't imagine how mean Jennie Finch's Dad was to her to get her to her level

Return to “Softball”