Little League vs ASA

TheRinger
Waterboy

Re: Little League vs ASA

Post by TheRinger »

I don't think anyone is putting LL girls down. I think the real issue is the restrictive roster rules that LL supports. There are many, many travel girls who play in multiple national events, i.e. PONY then ASA or NSA then USSSA, heck you even have USFA and WFC entering the mix. None of these bodies care if you are rostered in another sanctioning body. You just can't be on two rosters in the same sanctioning body. It would be in LL's best interest to not worry about ASA or NSA, etc. and welcome all girls regardless of what they do on the weekend. Why do you think there are more Jr. High club teams than School Board sanctioned teams. We don't have to deal with all of the OHSAA manusha and the girls can still participate with their travel / select teams.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I was ready to let you have the last word (and you still can) but when you state "pull a wild thang out my butt" and then talk about being respectful it just sounds very hollow. I certaintly took it as a swipe at the whole organization.

I appreciate your involvement in fastpitch. I don't consider you an enemy at all. Parents keeping their kids playing and making the opportunity available to ALL is a great thing. You obviously care about kids and fastpitch. so we disagree about some of the details or fine points of travel ball. I promise I won't let that get in my way of trying to make fastpitch the best it can be for all girls in the county . And if that means working along side you (who ever you are) at some point I'm 100% perfectly fine with that. I'd prefer this to be my last post on this unless something that affects me directly comes up ----PEACE and God Bless our kids , may it be a safe year. MD

go_usa
Waterboy

Post by go_usa »

Wow, that's the least offensive thing I've seen you post yet. Did you not goad with your previous posts though? I too can appreciate your love of the game and your involvement in all of it, I just didn't appreciate the span of negativism about LL. Sure the rules make it difficult to do all that you want to accomplish but they were made for a reason as I think the previous posts about Seagraves pointed out.

PirateMike
Waterboy

Post by PirateMike »

I have one comment on this never ending thread. Kool-Aid is spelled with a K not a C.

TheRinger
Waterboy

Post by TheRinger »

PirateMike wrote:I have one comment on this never ending thread. Kool-Aid is spelled with a K not a C.

:122245 :122245 Best post yet!

bron99
Riding the Bench

Post by bron99 »

ummmm hello md there are a few girls up north that need your support as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Md is one of the most ....how can i put this... intence yet humble people i know .When he says he cares..take to the bank because he does!I just met him this year and he along w/ the other parents on our team have made us feel right at home.My dd is a first year travel ball player and let me tell ya her love for the game and the respect for it has driven her to achieve goals that in my opinion only people like md and her COACHES could have help her obtain. bron

COACH1
Riding the Bench

Post by COACH1 »

I did post the thread about MR. Seagaves what I was saying is if Burg didn't say anything about Valleys coach coaching asa then MR. Seagraves must have pushed the issue and for you saying that it is a rule that you can't coach asa and LL at the same time that your president needs to turn in a form why?. It is for the kids so why would they care if they coach asa and LL. You want to talk about the kids and how much you care lets talk about the rules a little bit. safety for 1 why would you put a kid on 1st or 3rd to coach. If you go to LL games the kids are always looking around they don't pay attention but the rules say you have to have a player coach a base if you don't have over a certain number of kids on your team. If you ask me when kids play LL that is when they need coaches to coach 1st & 3rd base to teach them ,help them hit and run the bases. 2 Half of the umpires don't know the rules either all they do is take a 25 question open book test but then they want to questions asa coaches on not knowing the rules why the president didn't fill a form out to coach. I have seen LL umpires that still stick thier thumb up in the air when they call kids out on a play. I still watch and help coach LL and I think LL is a good thing. So why not play or coach both.

go_usa
Waterboy

Post by go_usa »

Thanks for clearing that up! :12222 :o

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

usa--I sent you a pm, make sure to read it MD

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

Both (ASA & LL) are great for the kids. It's not a who's better. They are as different as night and day. What really matters is what the kids want out of it and what the parents can and are willing and able to do.

As for anything Mr.Seagraves - keep him in S.Pt. Understand he has once again said that he is giving everything up at the end of this season. We shall see. If you think something is amiss on what he's telling someone then it's probably been done how he wants it and to S.Pt's advantage (usually the case). You either think he's great or well everyone can figure it out. And heaven forbid do not ask or mention ASA to this man. He is totally against anything ASA.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

COACH1 wrote:I did post the thread about MR. Seagaves what I was saying is if Burg didn't say anything about Valleys coach coaching asa then MR. Seagraves must have pushed the issue and for you saying that it is a rule that you can't coach asa and LL at the same time that your president needs to turn in a form why?. It is for the kids so why would they care if they coach asa and LL. You want to talk about the kids and how much you care lets talk about the rules a little bit. safety for 1 why would you put a kid on 1st or 3rd to coach. If you go to LL games the kids are always looking around they don't pay attention but the rules say you have to have a player coach a base if you don't have over a certain number of kids on your team. If you ask me when kids play LL that is when they need coaches to coach 1st & 3rd base to teach them ,help them hit and run the bases. 2 Half of the umpires don't know the rules either all they do is take a 25 question open book test but then they want to questions asa coaches on not knowing the rules why the president didn't fill a form out to coach. I have seen LL umpires that still stick thier thumb up in the air when they call kids out on a play. I still watch and help coach LL and I think LL is a good thing. So why not play or coach both.

Believe what you want. Rules are rules.I told them well in advance to turn in the waivers and they didn't.There is reasons for Little League rules they don't just make them up to upset you.I just don't have the time explain every rule. Rules are not made to be broken.If your child breaks a rule in school does it help to question the school board?

As for umpires. They are volunteers(not paid), They pay for their gas to call the games,buy their own equipment. If you think you are better get behind the plate. There is bad calls even in the pros.I think these guys try their best.I have seen many good umpires in Little League.

TheRinger
Waterboy

Post by TheRinger »

COACH1 wrote:....you saying that it is a rule that you can't coach asa and LL at the same time that your president needs to turn in a form why?. .....

.....but the rules say you have to have a player coach a base if you don't have over a certain number of kids on your team....

OK, I've never played LL (only travel). Forget the the hang up on just ASA. Does LL not allow a coach to coach in any another sanctioning body (ASA, NSA, USSSA, etc.)?????
Also, is the rule legit where you have to have a KID coach 1st and 3rd if your roster numbers aren't right?

If so, these are the dumbest rules I've ever heard. I can't possibly think of a reason for these rules. Completely bizaar :?

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

TheRinger wrote:
COACH1 wrote:....you saying that it is a rule that you can't coach asa and LL at the same time that your president needs to turn in a form why?. .....

.....but the rules say you have to have a player coach a base if you don't have over a certain number of kids on your team....

OK, I've never played LL (only travel). Forget the the hang up on just ASA. Does LL not allow a coach to coach in any another sanctioning body (ASA, NSA, USSSA, etc.)?????
Also, is the rule legit where you have to have a KID coach 1st and 3rd if your roster numbers aren't right?

If so, these are the dumbest rules I've ever heard. I can't possibly think of a reason for these rules. Completely bizaar :?
Rule 1 in question. This is not a rule as of 11/06. The rule made to protect Little League teams.The coaches would win state and quit so they could go to their ASA tournament.As you may guess they took some players with them and the Little League team could not go on. The only thing you had to do was answer a few questions and you could coach.No big deal.Little League trys to protect their players.
Rule 2. Little League trys to keep as many kids involved as they can but the coaches are always trying to find a way to win no matter what,so what the coaches began to do was cut the number of kids on the team. They figured less kids,less errors. When teams only carried 10 players to tournaments Little League warned the Presidents.2 years after the warning and nothing happened Little League made the rule carry 13 players or you can only have 2 coaches and one must remain in the dugout. So you have one child and one adult base coach. The children are wearing helmets, Can't say I ever saw a coach wear a helmet in youth sports.You can say this rule is stupid but I'll tell you this, I have see alot of players smarter than the coaches. I know they move faster than an adult so why don't the coaches wear helmets?

TheRinger
Waterboy

Post by TheRinger »

The_Sports_Junky wrote:..... I have see alot of players smarter than the coaches......

Can't say I disagree :-D

Thanks for the explanation

DiamondWatcher
Waterboy

Post by DiamondWatcher »

MD

I SENT YOU A PM THIS MORNING.

DW

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

got it reply was sent MD

COACH1
Riding the Bench

Post by COACH1 »

Sounds like LL better send the Presidents a letter telling them that the kids are smarter then the coaches so that they can find a coach that is smarter then the kids, or tell the coach to wear a helment. LL should also tell all the Highschools that if you don't have more than 13 or so kids on your team that a kid needs to coach 1st or 3rd or maybe tell the coaches to wear a helment. These kind of rules and the people who make them is the reason why LL is falling and ASA is growing.

Big Red
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Red »

I was told THE JUNK had a bad night so let us be nice.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

COACH1 wrote:Sounds like LL better send the Presidents a letter telling them that the kids are smarter then the coaches so that they can find a coach that is smarter then the kids, or tell the coach to wear a helment. LL should also tell all the Highschools that if you don't have more than 13 or so kids on your team that a kid needs to coach 1st or 3rd or maybe tell the coaches to wear a helment. These kind of rules and the people who make them is the reason why LL is falling and ASA is growing.

I don't see it that way at Wheelersburg.Our numbers are still good.

COACH1
Riding the Bench

Post by COACH1 »

Sports Junky
I think it is great that Burg has great numbers I was talking about how I think that the rule of having a certain amount of girls on your team determines whether a kid coaches 1st or 3rd or a adult coaches 1st or 3rd. It just seems to me that in LL it would be better for the kids and the team to have a coach on 1st or 3rd to help the kids. Burgs numbers are good but they are alot of thier LL girls playing asa to.

Return to “Softball”